PDA

View Full Version : Furry Subdivided Characters

JoeRedstall
07-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering the best way of applying Hair to a low polygon character.... If you've got a low poly model it's nice and easy to envelope, texture and animate however if you apply hair and then use geometry approx to subdivide your model the hair will remain applied to the low poly control mesh.

I noticed there was the "Duplicate with Geometry Approx" command in the edit menu which makes a copy of your mesh at whatever level of subdivision you are currently at. This would be perfect for generating hair if only it could instansiate as well as duplicating :(

Anyway, l was wondering how people had overcome this setback with their low poly characters ? Any tips ?

Cheers,

Joe

dur23
07-16-2002, 06:22 PM
i was also wondering about this....

i guess you could leave the hair till the very end of everything but thats just not as fun:\

JoeRedstall
07-16-2002, 06:42 PM
Could do, but then you've potentially got a high poly model that's going to be trickier to envelope and texture.

Seems like a high price to pay for wanting to use hair...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.