PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lighting...

Grey
07-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Hey all...

Trying to do a raytrace render of an interior and I can't seem to get the lighting right.

It's a very organic structure, and I know I'm missing something basic.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial around for lighting interiors?

OrestesMantra
07-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Ive yet to find a tutorial that relates to anything architectual,let alone lighting :hmm:

Could we have a little pic of the scene?;)

Grey
07-14-2002, 11:22 PM
I was doing a mockup of a Gallery... it amounted to a tunnel with a "light trough" at the top of the walls with the ceiling being an arch recessed behind the trough.

In the trough were "Christmas Lights."

It was lighting that with overheads on the arched ceiling with spotlights on the pictures... it was a lighting nightmare :D

I managed to get it done, but after lots of trial and error. Unfortunately I can't show it... my boss would kill me...

wyktor
08-01-2002, 02:33 AM
I have a similar problem, I'm trying to lit underground parking lot. There's lot of neon lights in real parking lot, but I would like to find a way how to sort of fake this, b/c I wan't to use GI for final output, and don't want to compute 100 lights there.:hmm:
Anybody can help?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.