PDA

View Full Version : SDK TUTORIALS and DOCS

ljilekor
04-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Writing simple scripts worx fine 4 me now. I'd like to get to the next step and start writing .mp.
There are no descent docs and only a few resources where I can learn to write plugins.
I'm now examining Simeons pointedit tool. He made the source code available. That's exactly the kind of example I'm looking for. :bowdown:

Could somebody give me some tips or example files on how to write a plugin from scratch. I'm working with visual studio.
eg. Setting up VC++, Building UI's, File formats, Compile to .mp, ...
A few different examples would be nice in order to get some kind of overview of the possibilities of the sdk.

Personally not really interested in writing shader plugs but somebody reading this thread might. So...

FB_Turbine
04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
ljilekor,

In your SDK folder there is a docs folder which has the SDK information. /messiah/sdk/docs/messiahAPI 1.1 Docs.html

There are examples included in the docs that walk you through some simple plugins and in the section Concepts there is a compiling topic the explains setting up VC 6 and VC.net

Also after you get a feel for things start looking through the header files, there have been additions since the last doc update, which you won't find unless you read the docs.

You can also drop by irc.freenode.net #pmGdev to chat, it's been pretty quiet recently but you'll probably find me idling in there.

ljilekor
04-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanx

Checked it out this weekend. It's all still a bit blurry (though I already made a first little plugin).

I'd still like to find more example projects but 4 now I know what to do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.