PDA

View Full Version : Not another car!

Kanga
04-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Ok I have been mouthing off in this forum so here goes!

This is a concept model made in a spline based program (animation master). It is a mid engine model using real dimensions shot with a 50mm lens. What I am aiming for is a design feel which explaines the 2d representation and the low lighting.

http://www.art-werx.com/amstuff/caroposter.jpg
http://www.art-werx.com/amstuff/carotopposter.jpg

Be as nice or nasty as you like! I can take it,..... I think :)

Greetings Kanga

jawine
04-09-2004, 05:01 PM
How do you want to make your design evocative? It looks like a design atm which looks nice but i don't an evocative part yet :)

Kanga
04-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Jawine

Thanx 4 th post, I guess because i know what the rest looks like this was more interesting for me. I got more comments like this elsewhere (not evocative but not enough info). I was aiming to make it a little mysterious.

No problem :) back to th drawing board!
Greetings Kanga

jawine
04-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Well to make an object evocative IS hard ^0^

Hm the only things i can think of as example as the ghosttrains in final fantasy, but these more or less look like they're alive and have a face which makes things easier again.
The batmobile is a pretty striking car, but also fantast style with a pretty extreme design. So maybe objects need to be rather wacky to be evocative ;)

Kanga
04-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Hoi Jawine!

The car was made for a client so it had to be "not too extreme'.
I guess the feeling I was trying to evoke was one of possesion. I have seen car designs here on CGTalk where I thought,"man I got to have that car".

I could do stuff with lighting, background and so forth, what I think I will do is go for a new model that is much more extreme. It was very valuable to get the comment I received from this and other forums.

In short I am in agreement with you and will now make something which is not constrained by client considerations. I think I will go further than the batmobiele this time ;)

May the force be with you.
Kanga

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.