PDA

View Full Version : Chloe

Feeblepenguin
04-08-2004, 08:49 PM
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/feeblepenguin/Chloe.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/feeblepenguin/chloeface.jpg

hey everyone, i m new to cgtalk and was very surprised at the willingless of people to look at and respond to art here.

i was inspired by the feedback of my:" floating nema " post that i did another girl assasin android, this one im callin "Chloe"

please tell me what you think and i always welcome critisism no madder how harsh(please be harsh) thanks!

by the way here is my first post of "Nema"
Nema (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=133434)

GlennSueznin
04-09-2004, 12:27 AM
YOu should definately try and get a job with capcom, or under the production team of the Breath of Fire Series. I saw that artbook for the 4th game also, and it kicked butt! Your character has some definate style to them.:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work:applause:

whitebug
04-09-2004, 01:59 AM
hey dude.. you've got one funky style :) keep it up.. she looks good.. the only thing i notice is how wide her hips are...other then that shes one mean chick in a tutu.. hehe

XavierG
04-09-2004, 05:25 AM
mmm...very nice lines, they add a lot to the dynamics of the pose and the style of the character.. coloring works well with it too!
The two things for me to be a prick about are:
her left upper arm is either mad long, or her forearm is very short, either or. The hand could use some more drawn detail as well (even in a sketchy fashion)
her belly seems..well, VERY large, not so much because of the drawing but because of the coloring, makes it look very very round (i dont know if that sketchy line is her bellyutton, im gonna ssume its not since its too high) Placing the bellybutton in the right place would give a much better understanding on how her abdominal structure works, and therefore not make her look fat, i think.
I really like the broad shoulders though, great design

Feeblepenguin
04-13-2004, 02:48 AM
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/feeblepenguin/chloeaftercritique.jpg
Hey thanks Xav! thats exactly the kind of feed back i want when i post something, i thought about what you said and fixed the stomach to make it look more flat and gave her a bellybutton, i tried to think as objectively about her armlength as possible after reading your post but im not sure that it is... i actually like the painterly strokes and tone of her hand and like to keep those lucky areas from looking overworked, but let me know if the drawing still looks off after the corrections i have made. Thanks again Xav and if anyone else agrees with Xav on the points that i dont let me know and ill reconsider them.
thanks.
Ali

teknotek83
04-13-2004, 03:47 AM
awesome design and i love the sketchy lines! :)

prasa
04-16-2004, 10:40 AM
not bad man .. like tha way you doin stuff :)

phoenix
04-16-2004, 11:28 AM
nice work...

bluemagicuk
04-16-2004, 12:39 PM
I love your style please keep it up !!!
Nema has a lot of character to it as well ... really nice stuff
The hips of chloe are waaay to wide imo

XavierG
04-22-2004, 03:08 AM
hey it was my pleasure :)
yeah the belly definitely looks better, and youre right about not cramming in there too much detail.. it just wouldnt work with the srtyle this picture has
the thing with the arm, is that the outline is incorrect. It has an overstretched bicep and the tricep is not seen enough (eventhough the arm is stretched and the triceps would flex in that position) Then, when the upper arm meets the forearm the transition is too drastic, it looks like a batch of muscles ended and another begun at the elbow level while in reality you have a bunch of muscles intertwining in there... so i think thats what botheres me, that you didnt manage to rerally convey that in the drawing. Really sweet job though

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.