PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Geometry Clipping

SpiralFace
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Ok, here's one that has even my college professors stumped. I've Built and Animated a robotic Model. For all the limbs I've used different objects in order to make it look like actuators are moving with the figure. For the Feet I've used pretty much one object for the lower leg and one object for the foot itself, animated with an IK handle. Now on the play blast It looked fine when I animated it. But when I put it out to batch render. My foot had retracted into my leg for a few seconds before poping back out into its normal position. I've attached the pic of what I've ended up with. Now the realy weird thing is that when I render the single Frame it renders out perfectly. But I'm not about ready to render out 200 frames individualy and then splice them back into the pecking order of all the other frames. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? And does anyone know a way I can fix this. Thanks.

SpiralFace
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
here are the pics

Emmortal1
04-09-2004, 01:55 AM
You can bake out your IK animation using the same technique for baking simulations, select the IK chain and go to Edit -> Keys -> Bake Simulation. This will bake out the IK animation and should fix your problem. If not, let us know.

SpiralFace
04-09-2004, 02:31 AM
I just did what you said and rendered out a preview and it seems to work fine. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to set it out to render a final version and I'll post wheather it works or not. But thank you so much for helping:bowdown:

SpiralFace
04-09-2004, 05:21 AM
Just rendered out the final version and its working fine,

Thanks for the help guys

Emmortal1
04-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Glad to be of help bud.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.