PDA

View Full Version : quick cumbustion question

AdrianLazar
04-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Hello every one,
i have a question about z-deph in combustion:
Let's say that i'm rendering a small animation with 3dsmax. I don't whant to render the deph of field in 3dsmax because of the increased render time and also cause a wrong dof will ruine all the footage. In stead I whant to add dof in combustion so i'll render z-deph pass also. The problem is that z-deph is not calculated corectly because i use an other render system and has some serious artifacts... now, i what to do the following:
render standart picture with all the effects and than, render only the z-deph map with scanline render.
And the question was:
Can i tell combustion what file tu use as a z-deph? And if not, is that possible in After Effects? More precise, can i use an other image to calcultate the z-deph in combustion? what about after effects

I also saved the image in .rpf and .rla formats but both use the incorrect z-deph image as they were renderd with the other render.
Thank you for your time.

AdrianLazar
04-08-2004, 10:17 AM
:wip:

1armedScissor
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
AFAIK you cannot tell combustion which file to use as zdepth, however if you can render a "zdepth" pass as a sequence recognizable by combustion (tga for example) in which its only the greyscale image of your scene then you can use it as a source for a compound blur. I do this all the time from Maya using a simple shader network applied to everything in my scene. I believe the same applies for after effects.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.