PDA

View Full Version : Quick Character: Zombie Man!

peanuckle
04-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Alright Ive been kind of tired of doing the same project. So I decided to quickly make a ZOMBIE MAN!!!! (dum dum dum) Alright hes not really that scary or anything. I was thinking about putting a shroud over his head. I doubt I will do anything else to him. He is just a one day project. I thought he turned out well though. Please, by all mean C&C the hell out of it. :)

http://www.mindhordes.org/zombie%20man001.jpg

pea~

pelos
04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
pea, i am not sure, but i belive the zombies dont have pointed ears, thats more like vamps, (or maybe is me and the angle of the pic) play a little bit more with the proceduals, and maybe use weight map for paint the mouth, or paint the points with vertex paint tool, the head model is great, maybe lets see a wireframe, will you create a body?

peanuckle
04-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Ahh im done with the guy. I watched the movie Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. I was going with the Zombie design from them. They had pointed ears. I thought it was cool. I just did a quick procedual texture for the face. I know it needs to be tinkered. I would have done a UV but. I only did this guy in a little more than 5 hours. I used weight maps to paint where i wanted the hair to go. I wasnt happy with the mouth at all either. But oh well :) I dont think I will do a body. Im going to go on working with my machineflesh character. That is going to take forever. I have approx. 30 concept sketches done on the body alone. Let alone the robotic exoskeleton. I just needed a break. So created this guy after watching the Vampire Hunter D movie.

THANKS A TON FOR THE COMMENT!

pea~

pelos
04-09-2004, 12:17 AM
the hair, is fine, looks dirty like he has come from the earth
(do you have a pic of the other character you said, i saw vampire D, i didnt know there were more movies) the one i saw n the end, a cople of vampire goes into a space ship and D get the ring of the girl

machineflesh whos that guy

peanuckle
04-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust came out a year or more ago. It is A TON better than the first. Which character im sorry do I have a pic of?

pea

Ziah
04-09-2004, 02:47 AM
peanuckle nice work man

pelos has a great suggestion about the weight map and surfacing the lips

Orginally posted by pelos
pea, i am not sure, but i belive the zombies dont have pointed ears, thats more like vamps, (or maybe is me and the angle of the pic) play a little bit more with the proceduals
...pelos its fictional he can do whut ever he wants with it ears or what evver who says what a zombie looks like unless it walks and moans like one..looks like a zombie to me

pelos
04-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Ziah you are right, he can do what ever he want, but some thing you need to have in mind, is the idea of the people about something, right, let me explain,

if i said dracula, what do you think?
(a man, with a black cape, pretty handsome, capable of score with any girl he want, his way to talk is very elaborate, he knows a lot of thing, because he has live so much time he knows)
another example, an Elf,
lives in the woods, loves the nature, have blonde hair, pointy ears, blue eyes, some of them might speak with the animals, etc...
right?
when you say "he can do whut ever he wants with it ears or what evver"

i can do a monster with 8 legs, say he heats people, and have 8 eyes and fanws, and can do webs,
what if a tell you the name of that monster is the mommy?
sorprise you might get the idea i was talking about a gigants spider.

i want to give you another example, not to be sarcastist, is only to show you that some ideas even our own have some base concept even that they dont exist.
peter pan, have you ever have the idea, that he might be kidnapping kids? and garfio lost his hand trying to save one of them, maybe campanita?
please dont create this into a fight, the true is i am tired. and gave a lot of points with base, dont speak just for open the mouth,or because you are angry we are in this forums to learn!!!
but yes you are right!!! he can do what ever he want, that might be a vamp zombie with ponty ears.

jbo
04-09-2004, 07:35 AM
what the hell are you people talking about?

jerr3d
04-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Excellent modeling, hair is fantastic, but he doesn't look like a zombie. I think you should call him something else

peanuckle
04-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Ahh its alright.

Im going to hunt for a pic of the zombie that i saw or ill just take a photo of it off the DVD. What else should he be named also? I am curious on that idea :)

pea~

pelos
04-10-2004, 07:28 AM
the idea of a name is ok, maybe one before was zombie and another name after he became zombie, if you want to share his history, of how he became zombie, i will like to ear it

peanuckle
04-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Oh...so you want some imagination :). Alright give me a few hours to get some coffee in my system and wake up. Then I will come up with something for you. This could be very interesting

pea~

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.