PDA

View Full Version : Locking down position of a layer.

seantree
04-07-2004, 04:50 PM
I have a smoke trail that I animated in max, rendered out as TGA sequence, and thrown on top of some footage in C. The camera pans, but I want my smoke footage to stay locked in position as the camera moves, therefore making the smoke move out of frame. I've attempted to add keyframes on the transform of the smoke footage but have had no luck. Am i better off tracking this footage, or can I lock down the position of the smoke? Any tips would be great. thanks!!

dg
04-08-2004, 02:28 AM
What camera are you referinog to, the comp 3D camera or the camera that shot the footage?

If the comp (3D) camera all you need to do is set your background plate as background and lock its orientation, if the camera that shot the footage, it will depending on the type of effect that you are trying to achieve, you can use a tracker, animate it by hand or use a camera match application like Boujou to export the camera info to Combustion and then set the background plate as background locks its orientation inside C*, among other possible options.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
dg

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.