PDA

View Full Version : problems exporting from poser

antweiler
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
sorry, this seems to be more a poser problem, but maybe some of you tried something similar..

i want to import a posed character from poser to xsi, unfortunately only morphtarget deformations are imported not the transformations, that result from rotating arms etc...
i want to export a simple animationsequence and put it together in xsi with shape animation

thanks

Paul L. Ming
04-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Hiya.

I hate to do this, but...try just exporting the mesh if you are concerned about your ability to model the human form. But don't bother with animation. Do all your animation in XSI...or learn how to.

I'm not sure about how poser does it's animation; is it vertex-base? Bone-based? Or some other 'deformation wierdness' based thing? That's probably what's causeing the 'screw up in conversion'. I'm guessing XSI recognizes some of it, and then assumes one type of animation...anything that doesn't fit into that type of animation gets 'discarded'.

Are you using a Poser --> XSI converter? Or are you exporting form Poser into some form of animation it claims to be using?

Maybe some more info will get you better replies.

Sorry to be so vague.

tachy0n
04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
You might also wan't to look at one of the conversion tools like polytrans or deep exploration. Dunno if it supports Poser, or whether Poser can export a format that is convertable, but worth a look-see. You can get a demo version of deep from:

http://www.righthemisphere.com/

antweiler
04-11-2004, 08:08 PM
thanks guys, its definately a problem with posers .obj export, that only i seem to have (.3ds works, but carries not uv mapping)
i also hate poser very much for animating, but we just need some poses and facial expression for a menu of a game. now i only export the face expressions, and do the body in xsi.
i hate poser anyways...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.