it starts and everything
but after some dolliing and panning
i get a bluescreen

its a
toshiba satellite 3000-514
1000mhz p3
geforce 2 go (16mb)
512mb ram

it may be the old driver (toshiba didnīt release a new one for ages)
in linux it seems to run better (still slow)

can anybody help me with that ?!:cry:

waikitwan
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
You can try one of the modded nvidia drivers from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

I tried it and they do work, but on the toshiba machines you may get problems with a black bar on the edge of the screen, and the machine not resuming from standby.

Waikit

splintah
04-06-2004, 05:11 PM
thanks

works fine now

i was also able to install quadro drivers :buttrock:

Roach
04-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by waikitwan
You can try one of the modded nvidia drivers from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

I tried it and they do work, but on the toshiba machines you may get problems with a black bar on the edge of the screen, and the machine not resuming from standby.

Waikit

Any similar place for ATI mobile video cards?

Roach

stephen2002
04-07-2004, 08:34 PM
One thing that you might also try is just installing NVIDIAs reference drivers. The name of the card that you pick (listed in the INF) genereally dosn't matter as the drivers will grab the device ID and install the ones appropriate for your card. It's what I've been doing with my Dell 8100's GeForce4GO. That card isn't even supported in that laptop (It replaced a GeForce2GO) so I can't use Dell's drivers anymore.

Also keep in mind that with an older card like that the newer drivers are not necessarily better. I had problems playing video (choppiness) when I installed the 56.xx drivers from NVIDIA so I've dropped back down to the 4x.xx series.

Unfortunatly I don't think this works with ATI, unless they finally started doing a unified driver set like NVIDIA.

BRUTICUS
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Have you heard if the new Toshiba Satellite P20's run OK with Maya? Is it the Hyperthreading that causes them to crash? I need a notbook that runs Maya aswell as XSI well that I can use as a desktop replacement.

I dont think I can afford a Quadrogo based notebook though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.