PDA

View Full Version : baking switch nodes??

fred22
04-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Um I can't seem to get mayas convert-to-file-texture to work with a double shading switch that is randomly altering the offset of the 2dtexture placement node with the texture ran through a projection

switch --> 2dTexplacement --> file --> projection --> phongE

Because the objects with the shader are moving the objects are swimming through the texture which of course is not what I want.

Thanks Matt

Jozvex
04-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Instead of converting to a file texture, you could try creating 'Texture Reference Objects' for those animated objects.

From the Rendering Menu Set you go to something like:

Shading/Texturing > Create Texture Reference Object

They are used for glueing a 3D texture to a moving object.

;)

fred22
04-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Thats a good idea Joz. I actually got the textures to bake by turning off anti-aliasing, which I could not understand why it was a problem.

But your idea will allow me to still use the one shader instead of having multiples with single textures.

I been to your web page a few times its good. Great to see Australian presence, I'm in ballarat victoria just got back from QLD a month ago thats where you are isn't it?

thanks, Matt

Jozvex
04-05-2004, 03:15 AM
Cool! I'm actually in Canberra though.

I like being an Australian presence, I just wish I was an Australian presence who was actually working in the industry properly!

I've never done any 3D work for anyone! Apart from teaching Maya a bit that is.

:hmm:

Emmortal1
04-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Animalogic is hiring, but they are in New Zealand.

Jozvex
04-05-2004, 09:15 AM
They're in Sydney actually, unless they moved or opened a new studio?

Animal Logic are fantastic, but people I know were turned down by them for having no production experience.

:(

fred22
04-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey I used to assistant tutor in Melbourne at CGC... Then went traveling. Yeah I read about Animal logic the position is an entry level position though I think they there entry level would be pretty hard core.... dunno

Tigerdog
06-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi

Good to see some australians in here, Im also from Ballarat. Only been into 3d stuff for almost 2 years.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.