PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Luxo Jr tutorial?

pogeybait
04-02-2004, 02:27 PM
I am preparing a tutorial on modeling the Pixar lamp (Luxo Jr.) and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in it? If not then I wont bother. I just started it but was thinking about putting it up piece by piece. Hopefully when I get it done I will release it in HTML Help (.chm) format. Any takers?

Serial Killer
04-02-2004, 04:59 PM
It sounds good:thumbsup:

mcintosh184
04-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm interested ... but please, if you can, create it with a beginner or intermediate user in mind. Thanks regardless ...

SammyB
04-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Yeah, that'd be cool.

vishnu_venky
04-04-2004, 02:20 PM
That will be great.
I always wanted to do the intro pixar anim.
Please post the tut soon.

Tommy5547
04-05-2004, 09:17 AM
I really looking forward to see it!!

GrahamHRoss
04-07-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm definetly interested, but make sure you include how to model the back cord to animate when he jumps. That was something I could never figure out.

pogeybait
04-07-2004, 12:47 PM
My tutorial is based on the short intro that is shown in most of the Disney/Pixar movies at the very beginning (he jumps on the I in PIXAR). The lamp actually doesnt have a cord attached to him in the intro. I think the movie you are referring to is the Pixar short where Luxo Jr. was first introduced and, yes, he did have a cord that did the "wave" effect. I'm not sure how to do that effect. I have seen it done before with a creature jumping down the side of a wall and there was something like a spline attached to his tail to make it have the wave effect. If someone knows how to do that, please post it here. Im sure it could easily be added to my model.

Still working on the tutorial. I should have something ready to post (not complete but at least something to get you started) by the end of the week. Thanks to all who replied.

pogeybait
04-09-2004, 11:06 AM
I wasnt able to complete the first part of the tutorial over the week. Unfortunately I had a several "test" models that I created and when I created the tutorial, it was from an earlier model. When I looked at the final product (a later model), the base was different. I am having to go back in and change some things around so please be patient. I will work on it over the weekend and hopefully have the first piece ready on Monday. Thanks.

Tommy5547
04-13-2004, 06:40 AM
"The one who waits for something good, don't wait to long"
An old Swedish saying!

:thumbsup:

Andrea3d
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm waiting 4........ :drool:

SideShow
04-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm curious too :buttrock:

pogeybait
04-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Sorry to keep you all waiting. I am still working on the tutorial. Even if I gave you what I have now, it would still be incomplete and you'd have to wait until I post more. Bear with me. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. -----Later.

emily
04-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone, first post here...
About the cord, theres a tutorial here http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/87/1 that uses a free plugin (simcloth)but i suppose u can do it with any plugin for clothes. Dont know if thats what ur lookin for, but it worked for me :thumbsup:

Dutchman
04-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Such tutorial would be VERY GREAT! I think/hope you'll tell also about the animation part?:p :bounce: I'm waiting for it ;):bowdown:

GrahamHRoss
04-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by emily
Hi everyone, first post here...
About the cord, theres a tutorial here http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/87/1 that uses a free plugin (simcloth)but i suppose u can do it with any plugin for clothes. Dont know if thats what ur lookin for, but it worked for me :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Hoopa
05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
this sounds cool, like to see this when u put it up

Funso
06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
I guess you gave up on this.

Pity, sounds great.

pogeybait
06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
All,
I guess I sorta spoke too soon when I originally posted this topic. I reproduced the Pixar scene a long time ago to see if I could actually do it. When I started making the tutorial, I found myself having to remember how I did all the geometry and so I am having to redo the whole thing and also write down how I am doing it at the same time. So, no I havent given up on the tutorial, but as I have limited time, it will be a while longer before I can get it out to all of you. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

joker-like
06-30-2004, 07:52 PM
exce;ent
i am waitinig for:shrug:

technique
06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
... and so am I :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.