PDA

View Full Version : Batch MR is not working.

BLee
04-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi all,
I'm new in MR. This is my first time to use batch render. Some reason MR didn't render my sequence tga file. when i checked the script editor message it shows rendering but i don't see those render files on my images folder. so does anyone know what when wrong?
also show me how to use batch render? it only render maya render not MR. (Render -n 0 -s 1 -e 180 C:\projects\projectname\scenes\filename.mb)

Please help.
Thanks

Bonedaddy
04-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Have you checked the PROJECT/mentalray/images/ folder? It sounds like you're just looking in PROJECT/images/

Up the verbosity in the Render Globals (it's under Translation in the MR tab), and mayarenderlog.txt will tell you where it's outputting it... might do it already anywho...

BLee
04-02-2004, 08:32 AM
humm.
i'm sure i am looking at the right folder.

thanks anyway.

BLee
04-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I found out that batch render keep continue to override the exiting file.(exmple : it's only save the newer render to image01.tga not generate another new file like image02.tga.)

:cry:

misterdi
04-03-2004, 03:35 AM
It has been asked couple of times,

For batch rendering with MR, you should use "mayarender_with_mr" instead of "render"

BLee
04-03-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi,
I'm not really familler using MentalRay render + Unix stuff so could any one show me how to use Command Prompt???
all i need to know is how to render MR.
render -n 0 -s 400 -e 600 G:\_MAYA\testing\scenes\testing.mb

OR

mayarender_with_mr -n 0 -s 400 -e 600 G:\_MAYA\testing\scenes\testing.mb ???

Sorry if i ask dump question.:D

misterdi
04-03-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't think -s and -e works with that batch command. You have to use -command and some MEL script to set the startFrame and endFrame. Unlike "render" which use defaultRenderGlobals.startFrame and .endFrame, mental ray will look for another attribute.

I'm not in the office now, so I'm not too sure about this. I think that's should be -command "setAttr mentalrayGlobals.startFrame 400; setAttr mentalrayGlobals.endFrame 600;".
Otherwise that batch command will render whatever you have set in mentalray render globals for start and end frame.

I'll be back in town on Tuesday, so hopefully somebody can help.

BLee
04-07-2004, 09:13 PM
After i digging the Maya help reference. I'm starting to understand the basic command line.
seem works for my file at the moment. i will dig out more indepth.
Example :
mayarender_with_mr C:\temp\maya\testMR\scenes\MR_test.mb

Thanks misterdi.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.