PDA

View Full Version : Motionblur..

Gluthen
03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi.

I'm having a scene (made with realflow2.5) wich I have trouble adding 2D motionblur. I render with the standard maya-render on a 2 GB Ram machine and 4GB page-file. When the batch render reach frame 9 where the realflow-fluid start to become complex, I get the old "memory exeption thrown." and the render stops. I keep an eye on the taskmanager where I can see that it uses about 1 gig of ram, so I don't quite understand this. Is there any way of giving maya more memory for the motionblur? Or any other workaround?

Timefly
04-02-2004, 09:58 AM
you can try turning off the "use 2D blur memory limit" in the render globals

if this doesnt work, you can try rendering out as 2 passes, 1 beauty without motionblur and 1 moblur pass with "keep motion vectors" on and then use the blur2d.exe cmdline tool to assemble the two

if you look around this forum there should be a couple of threads which outlines the workflow..works well for those trouble scenes and for further control of amount of motion blur since you dont have to rerender everything to adjust..

Cheers

T

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.