PDA

View Full Version : Keyframable frame rate - easiest way to get for C3 user?

Backenbotten
03-31-2004, 11:18 AM
I'd need to be able to keyframe the fps from 0 fps to 25 fps. I do not need smooth optical-analysis slowmotion or anything fancy, i'm really after a non-smooth motion, that gets gradually smoother when the FPS increases (the possibility of simple frame blending wouldn't hurt though).

My compositing tool is Combustion 3. I haven't found any easy way to accomplish this, really quite basic task. The FPS isn't keyframable :sad:.

Please help me!

Best Regards/ David

slayerment
03-31-2004, 05:21 PM
The Twixtor plugin ( http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor.htm ) can do what you're trying to accomplish, but it may be a more expensive approach. Combustion has a build in 'speed' function, but I think it's lacking in certain areas and am not sure if it can do what you're trying to accomplish. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Backenbotten
03-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Slayerment, thank you :) The demo samples from Twixtor look really impressive. I think that it would be overkill for the specific purpose I have now however, so I'll keep looking for other possible work-arounds for a little more time still.

The keyframable "speed" parameter in C3 unfortunately only affects the speed of transformation of a layer, not the fps of the footage :sad:

Any other options? (although Twixtor seems very well worth its price, when one needs it) Just for curiousity, is this variable FPS feature, or something similar, standard in some of the other compositing packages?

webstar
04-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Have you tried this plug in totally free - it's actually quite good once you get the hang of it. totally keyframable

http://www.jamination.com/combustiondev.htm

good luck

Backenbotten
04-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Thank you a lot webstar,

I played around with JamRetimer, and it is indeed cool. It's nice to be able to to render with ghosting. I doesn't seem to be made for changing the fps though. It introduces some randomness in the displayed frames (purposly). Or have I missed something?

David

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.