PDA

View Full Version : pfx improvements in Maya5

yinako
03-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Recently I was pleased to see how far pfx have improved in Maya5, in fact the little steps made by adding a few new brush types(thin line) made pfx usable by a factor of 10.

The viewport speed is faster by a factor of 20, I can't believe everythinging at 100% quality my viewport was still interactive.

and check out the paint teapot icon the pfx shelf, made via pfx brush! geek factor 100!! honestly I couldn't stop laughing when I first tried out...

beaker
03-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Another cool feature added is the "Paint Effects Rendering Options" > "Oversample" and "Oversample Post Filter" in the render globals. You don't have to render at 2x rez and downrez stuff to get rid of some of the aliasing issues that you used to have.

danylyon
03-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Another great thing is converting them to polys..

It's not just good to render them in Mental Ray. I use it all the time to adjust a Brush. When you paint a short stroke.. convert it to polys. You can adjust the brush and the Poly object changes in real time! This way it's very easy to see how EXACTLY the brush is going to look.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.