PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 6: Ewan Mcgregor

Jolts
03-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Nice comp, I finally have a use for this old head of ewan mcgregor I did a long time ago, gave him an obi-wan body since it matches game theme well. Should have never reopened the file, too many mistakes i'm seeing now...

http://www.pixelkeg.com/troopers/obic.jpg

head

http://www.pixelkeg.com/troopers/ewhead.jpg

refs

http://www.pixelkeg.com/troopers/eref.jpg

Ivars
03-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Thatīs a great model! Except maybe for the ears.....

I donīt wanna sound like a whiner, but I donīt think that itīs completely fair to the other contestants if you use old geometry for your entry. Even though this contest is just for fun :)

Pezz3D
03-29-2004, 07:10 AM
This is just fantastic. WOW. I cant say anything but praises if your texturing is half as good as your modelling this is a winner for sure.

goodlag
03-29-2004, 07:21 AM
awesome .. nice model

really can't wait to see it textured

obelisk
03-30-2004, 10:58 PM
i'm with ivars on this one. you could have got away with it if you hadn't said anything ;-). looks great though...

SouL
03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
He could have not said anything and still not have gotten away with it. I remember these images. :)

Might want to check the shape of the eye. I get the feeling that the upper lids aren't as round as you have them.
And the nose could get much thinner as closer you get to his nose bridge. The sides don't seem to taper enough in your geometry.
Also, watch out for that forehead. He has a pretty straight forehead that just leans back... whereas you have it rounding off more.

Looks good, though. I'm glad you modeled the nostrils. Most people seem to forget about them. heh

Neil
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by SouL
I'm glad you modeled the nostrils. Most people seem to forget about them. heh

I'm not sure if we 'forget' them or just feel they're unnecessary when it comes to trying to save polys. after all, you can just make black holes with your texture and you'd probably hardly tell.

Jolts
04-08-2004, 10:11 PM
thanks for your comments guys, sorry about the delay was off in japan. Guess I'll toss this back in the old return to later folder, one of these days i'm gonna have to finish it....one of these days....

EVIL
04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
What the hell, your going to abandon this great model again.. dammit.. ivars had to open his big mouth huh! there isnt anything in the rules about not using old material

just continue it dammit.. make his face older, give him a mustage and beard and he looks like obiwan in episode 3

Jolts
04-09-2004, 12:28 AM
I could make him a spanish obi wan with big fast handlebar mustashio and instead of robes a poncho and sombrero, and his master could be tequilla worm. That would be fun

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.