PDA

View Full Version : Character - Boxy Lady (another concept)

Pufferfish
03-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi there,

Here is another concept of my boxy lady. Im currently tweaking her head, so did this little picture of her just for fun. Done with Rhino/3ds max/Photoshop.

http://www.jsaarinen.com/boxylady/boxyhead.jpg

henrikbc
03-27-2004, 11:51 PM
I like the concept a lot. However I do have some issues.

As of now, it's difficult to tell her apart from a man. I trust you will show her body later, as I remember to have seen it on your website. Regardsless it could be a help to make her read clearly as a women even when only profiled in face.

I like the mood of the image, but the background pops out a lot. It looks like an old/compressed image.

As for the figure, it would be cool indeed if you made her move. I have a mental image of the boxes intersection/moving as she moves, or maybe build up as she moves - I won't put words in your mouth, don't know what you're planning on doing with this =) but pretty cool stuff so far.

Pufferfish
03-28-2004, 12:26 AM
heino, thank you for your reply

I knew there's going to be comment on her "not so" feminine looks :) Im still working with the head. I know she looks more like a monster than a woman, but she is ok when you can see the head with her body. Also she will have long hair, depenging if Im gona partially collapse her head or not...I know this sounds bad :)

What comes to background, it looks indeed like you said. The original is pretty huge image and when I scaled it down the noise got messy and this image is compressed too, but now that I look at it, it could use some color work. Nevertheless this piece is finished :)

And I have animated her already. She is for my little video/3D composition project.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.