PDA

View Full Version : un-named wip

innervision961
03-27-2004, 06:13 AM
I'm working on this guy to stick in UT2k4... Probably going to try some matinee after I get a few characters and stuff done...
Anyway, thought I would go ahead and post my progress. Since i'm a relative newbie, I was hoping maybe you guys could look over what I have so far and tell me what I should improve upon before completion, unwrapping and rigging.
I though I would model the hands/feet/head seperate because it is easier for me to work that way, plus I plan on using one map for the body, and one for the head/hands/feet. Is this method acceptable?
Anyway:

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/innervision961/Please_crit.jpg

Ok, I could also sure use some help with unwrapping... I know the basics (using max 5 btw) Apply the unwrapuvw modifier, drop it down, highlight select faces... Select faces, then flatten map, stitch, repeat...
My question is, i've heard people talk about using cylindrical mapping for certain things (legs, arms etc.) How do you do this in conjunction with unwrap uvw? I just can't figure it out -8
(And if you don't mind, do one of those nifty things where you take the image in paint and draw red lines where I should make cuts to define something better :) )
Anyways, this has been a little more long winded than I intended so I'll wait patiently for some replies
Thanks!

CGmonkey
03-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Is he going to be naked? Do you got some kind of concept for the model?

It's a really nice start and could work very well as a template for further models. One thing that strikes me though is how the shoulder poly flow is.. You should take a look at poopinmymouths mini-tutorial ( http://www.poopinmymouth.com/process/tips/shoulder_deform.jpg ).. Anyway, good lucka and keep us updated :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.