PDA

View Full Version : wireframe rendering on a mac

Wbilliam
03-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone, I am trying to render a wire frame in maya on a mac. i tryed the hardware render buffer it works great except there is no alpha data. does anyone know how to render a wire in the hardware render buffer with an alpha?

thanks in advance:beer:

Jozvex
03-27-2004, 05:42 AM
In the rendering options for the Hardware Render Buffer, there is a setting for selecting the Alpha Source, you could set that to Luminance for example.

Couldn't you also just render out the same image only in black and white? Then use that as a seperate alpha image?

beaker
03-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Use the vector render, it has a wire mode.

Another way:
There is a script on highend that lets you create curves from poly edges. Then just attach a black pen paintfx brush to all the curves.

Emmortal1
03-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I believe the Bonus tools pack has that option as well, the one of creating curves from poly edges. But it would be easier just to use the Vector Render.

Jozvex
03-27-2004, 08:46 PM
It depends on if you don't mind the wireframe showing every triangle, rather than just faces, because that's what you get with the Vector Renderer.

Wbilliam
03-28-2004, 12:42 AM
I tried the vector render, too bad there is no way to render out the mesh without the trianges showing.
Jozvex the idea about rendering a seperate image for an alpha is great I will try that.

Thanks to everyone for there reply.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.