PDA

View Full Version : Randomizing the pen pressure mapped to scale on a PFX stroke

boboroshi
03-26-2004, 03:18 PM
I've got a very long stroke with the dead birch brush on it. It's off in the distance in the shot, and the problem is that it looks like a hedge trimmer took a whack at it. Is there a way to randomize (with Mel or some other method) the Pen Pressure variables for the stroke? I looked at Highend3d (http://highend3d.com/maya/mel/?group=melscripts&section=paintfx) but didnt' see anything along those lines. Thanks in advance.

galactor
03-26-2004, 06:45 PM
It should be able to create a pressure curve. It is somewhere in the painteffectsMenu. Then you could select the vertices of that curve and lower some of them. The amount of CV's on the curve are the same amount of CV's that are on the paintStroke.
And with a little effort you can make a script that automaticly adjust the height of the CV's.

:: Galactor ::

boboroshi
03-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Ah, excellent. I was thinking more of a script that woudl affect the parameters of the pen pressure after the fact. Totally blanked on the CVs. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.