PDA

View Full Version : Clusters and wires and blenshapes, oh my

dmeyer
03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
So i have this character, smooth skinned, FK/IK all set up and good to go, facial blendshapes are looking good.

Now I want to use some clusters driven by a custom Set Driven Key control to control the eye blinking. This character has large protruding eyes so good looking eyelids are critical. I set it up, blinking looks good in bind pose, but when I move the character, I get this crazy offset - like some sort of double transformation where the Cluster does not stay with the skeleton properly (I have it parented to a joint in the head).

Any thoughts on this? Or general workflow of combining blendshapes and clusters on a smooth-skinned character?

Thanks

Matt Leishman
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
your geometry's deformation order isn't set correctly where the cluster and its relation to the eyelid geometry is concerned.

you need to select your geometry, and right click and go to Inputs, and then down to All Inputs . . .

A window will appear showing all the inputs for your selected geometry. The cluster deformer needs to be firing before the skinCluster node (or in other words the cluster needs to be below the skinCluster node in that stack of inputs). Find the cluster in that stack, and middle mouse drag it over top of the skinCluster node (it will then be repositioned to be firing before the skinCluster node).

I'd try and do all this while in the bind pose also.

good luck.

Sammy
03-26-2004, 08:06 PM
the double transform happens because when you drag the control rig and translate it - you're translating the mesh node and the cluster nodes - but the cluster nodes translation takes cues from it's parent -- the mesh.

To solve this, set the clusters to 'Relative Mode' which should solve your problem entirely.

Cheers,

Sammy

Matt Leishman
03-26-2004, 08:12 PM
I guess it would have served better if I would have read your post a little more thoroughly . . . my bad.:shrug:

nsimagine
04-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Try this one:

In the Clusterattributes

set the Relative option box to on.

This was the problem when I tried to do this...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.