PDA

View Full Version : Game Over back-to-back on Friday

TDan
03-26-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi everybody, :wavey:

This is my first post. Of course I'm going to start it with a shameless plug. I just recently finished working on the UPN show Game Over. The single (20 min.) episodes have been playing on Wed. and Fri, but this week they are playing two episodes back to back. If you haven't seen it yet this would be a good time to check it out. Hope you like it. Let me know if there are things you like or hate in it.

TDan:beer:

psyop63b
03-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I keep missing the show on account that I don't have a Tivo :(

What did you work on for the show anyway? That way I know what to scrutinize ;)

MikeRhone
03-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Its a very funny show...! I'll definately catch it. I've only seen the premiere episode though. (Twice heh)

Congrats!

Mike R

Morganism
03-26-2004, 06:16 PM
What time does it play? I keep missing it.

TDan
03-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi John,

I was a character animator on it, but I only got to work on a few shows. I got to do a couple of shots of Rip racing in his 451. Patrick Warburton has an awesome voice for animation.

:thumbsup:

TDan

TDan
03-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi Morganism,

I hope you get this info in time. Im new and they're delaying my posts. The show is on UPN at 8pm EST. I checked the site and they are still showing only a single episode tonight, but I'm pretty certain that they said they were going with two of them.

Tdan

Mawberry
03-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Congratsl. I'll check it out...

Man... Warburton is awsome. The Tick was great. Not as good as the cartoon, but I wish they kept it going longer.

TDan
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Mawberry,

Yeah, I like the way he was animated in Emperors New Groove too. They really got some amazing poses into Kronk. The Tick had a good thing going too. Wish they'd given it some time to find its legs.

psyop63b
03-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Saw the episodes for the first time ever TDan. The animation looks great!

The only problems I have aren't animation related. There are odd deformations (like around the elbows on the daughter) that affect my suspension of disbelief. It's probably because of the way the characters are built and setup. And I didn't like the different transitions between scenes (you know, the ones that are reminiscent of the old "Home Improvement" program).

Morganism
03-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Dang, missed it again. I think I fell asleep.

TDan
03-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi John,

Glad you caught it. I know what you mean about Alices arms. It was tough to get convincing shapes with her. As for the transitions, it might have been cooler if they had been pure 8-bit instead, so that it was a definite break from the style of the rest of the show.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.