PDA

View Full Version : OT: NanoGator's on his way to LA!

NanoGator
03-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Hi All,

As some of you know, I'm job hunting right now. I'm going down to Los Angeles with demo reel in hand. Let the job search begin!

I thought some of you might wanna know. I probably won't be back on-line until next Monday. (maybe a lil sooner depending on how long it takes to settle in...)

fender
03-26-2004, 03:59 AM
NanoGator,
Go get em! I'm on a hunt myself.... Your work is great! Good luck, keep us posted.

:thumbsup:

chikega
03-26-2004, 05:14 AM
Best of luck to ya, NanoGator - any company would be lucky to have you on board. You've got some serious 3d skills. :)

NanoGator
03-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Thanks all! I've arrived safely. :)

LFGabel
03-28-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey, if LA doesn't supply you with a job, blast them with your Ferion Cannon! :D

NanoGator
03-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Hehe.

I'm back online!

tlgp
03-29-2004, 08:01 AM
I saw you demo reel. You have some really pretty pieces of work!
I hope it is goin' well and GOOD LUCK, hon!

AndrewE
03-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Good luck Nan!

If you see Larry say 'Hi' to him for me!

:D

LittleFenris
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Good luck in your job search!! I'm sure one of the studios will see your talent and pick you up. :thumbsup:

NanoGator
04-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi All,

I was asked to provide a little update about my job search. Status: Demo reels out, no interviews or anything yet. It's only been a couple of days, though. (No idea how long it takes hehe.)

So how am I liking LA? So far I'm really enjoying it. The traffic's a little tough but navigable. I love the weather here . The people have been really nice, especially the fellow lightwavers. ;)

So what am I doing? Well, I wrapped up version 2 of the demo reel, and my cousin's helped me with the presentation materials. He works in advertising and he's put those skills to use to help me here. Since my portfolio's mainly about modelling, he made some little books that my DVD fits into that includes some pictures of my work. The hope is that they'll open the book if they can't get to the disc right away.

I don't have a whole lot else to mention. I'll be busy putting more demo packages together and getting them out. We'll see what happens...

Thanks for the support, all. :)

robinson
04-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Good Luck !!! :thumbsup:

LittleFenris
04-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by NanoGator
Since my portfolio's mainly about modelling, he made some little books that my DVD fits into that includes some pictures of my work. The hope is that they'll open the book if they can't get to the disc right away.

Very good idea he had doing that. Plus it should help your demo stick out from others a bit. :thumbsup:

NanoGator
04-02-2004, 09:15 PM
@Robinson: Thank ya. :)

@ LittleFenris: Yeah I'm hoping it does. The alien I made seems to be the most popular project I've ever done, so I printed him on the corner and on the DVD label. Here's hoping it sticks in their minds.

JVitale
04-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Hey Nanogator

Join us Sunday April 25 for the next Los Angeles LightWave Users Group meeting. Introduce yourself and make great friends and connections with the best of LightWave L.A....

Oh and bring your demo reel with you for show and tell

NanoGator
04-04-2004, 05:49 AM
hi Jessica,

I'll certainly try. Wish it was a little bit sooner, though. As of Sat the 24th, I don't have a place to stay anymore. I'll see if I can extend it another couple of days.

Thanks!

Pi3141
04-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Nano, I'll be LA next week too for a month or so :buttrock: I leave on Wednesday

NanoGator
04-05-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Pi3141
Hey Nano, I'll be LA next week too for a month or so :buttrock: I leave on Wednesday

Job huntin too?

JVitale
04-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Would you two guys like to privately give me your email addresses so I can put you on the announcements list for the next LightWave Users Group Meeting?...

Pi3141
04-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Nano, nope i'll be working on location :)

Jessica, i've send you a PM :)

NanoGator
04-05-2004, 06:59 AM
I sent you a PM too, J.

:)

NanoGator
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Update: Over the weekend I sent out two demo reels. I got word from one of the places that they really liked it. *Whew* Not sure what'll happen but good news is good news. ;)

PauHana
04-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Good Luck! I enjoyed your reel thank you for sharing.

Izu
04-07-2004, 12:32 AM
where´s the reel ?

NanoGator
04-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Izu
where´s the reel ? \

http://www.reflectionsoldiers.com/demoreel/demo_reel_2_ng.zip :)

Two more demo reels away...

HowardM
04-07-2004, 09:27 PM
see this Nano?
http://www.flay.com/jobs.cfm#zoic

Good luck!

NanoGator
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Yep, I was already turned down for it. ;)

HowardM
04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Doh!? sorry...what they say? what they lookin for?
You ask for too much? ;)

The new edits look better!
Youre love of detail is great, but I have to wonder if some studios may think you cant create lower poly models that look as good?
No offense! seriously, the stuff looks great, but you do use ALOT of polys! ;)
You also may need so more animation in there, unless youre looking stricktly for a modeling job?

Signal2Noise
04-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Nano, did you manage to get your Borg model onto your reel? Or is it still the time-consuming project that it is? ;)

Good luck dude!

NanoGator
04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Oops, gotta restart this post. Just before hitting send I got another email..

What held me back was my lack of production experience. Probably a good thing, too. 10 days doesn't leave much orientation time. Also, I don't think they had modelling and texturing in mind. (They basically said they'd keep me in mind for modelilng and texturing down the road, man I'm happy to hear that!)

Man I feel better now than I did 10 minutes ago hehe.

I put modelling and texturing as the big focus of my demo. The reason? If you sit me down, I'm ready to rock and roll at that. Can I do the animation? Yes, but I don't feel I've been tested enough there. I think i can solve just about any LW problem that comes along, but my strongest experience by far is in Modelling and Texturing. I'm working on ways to close that gap.

And no, i dind't put the cube in there. I did put my 'no droids' sign in there. Heh. I've had interesting reactions from that little gag.

And yes, I do use a lot of polys. At the same time, though, I use a structured approach that allows me to cut them down. My cannon, for example, most of the cloning was done in Layout instead of modeller. If the emitters at the end of each disc needed to be widdled down to fewer polys, I'd only need to edit one little object to do so. As a matter of fact, I've done that a couple of times.

I'd like to mention, though, that my work has been towards print quality work. The two cameras, for example, were meant to be rendered at 300 DPI and printed at 17" tall for tradeshow photos. I wanted to get into the habit of managing large numbers of polys so that I could work in the HD space. I've learned a great deal in that process, too. I have a stronger feel for what slows LW's rendering down and what can be done about it.

Sorry, I got the answers a little out of order.

CourtJester
04-08-2004, 03:33 AM
I wanted to get into the habit of managing large numbers of polys so that I could work in the HD space. I've learned a great deal in that process, too. I have a stronger feel for what slows LW's rendering down and what can be done about it.

A very wise move. I elected to do half-HD (960x540) on my Q35 landing shot not knowing that it was a good idea for more reasons than mine. I decided to do it simply to push myself harder, and because what looks good at half-HD (960x540) will look great at D1 on VHS...

I was told later by my friend at ZOIC that everything there is now done in HD, which put the Q35 (and the later Eggs of Evil) in better light when I submitted it to them.

Congrats on getting specific feedback. That you got it is a very good sign, it means that out of dozens and hundreds of unsolicited demos, yours warranted someone taking time to email you.

NanoGator
04-09-2004, 02:12 AM
@CourtJester: Yeah I had a feeling things were moving that way. Also I'm kinda hoping to work on movie resolution stuff some day.

I agree about the feedback. It's great to hear! Brightened my day, certainly. I have to admit though, I'm a little concerned, though. I haven't worked in a production facility yet and I don't know how much that will hold me back.

So what's up with me today? Got a couple of more demo reels to send out. Man I wish this wasn't a holiday weekend, hehe.

Mechis
04-09-2004, 02:48 AM
Hey Nano,
I just wanted to say that it's been interesting to hear about your job-hunting experiences. Keep workin' hard and good luck!
~Mechis

NanoGator
04-09-2004, 04:47 AM
Thank ya. :)

Somebody in another thread asked me to take photos of the demo-booklet I've been handing out. Here it is:

http://www.reflectionsoldiers.com/demoreel/nanogator_booklet.jpg

Like I said, I've gotten good response from it. When I talked to the person about it, they hadn't even put the DVD in. I think sending them a book meant they had something to look at before having time to pop in the disc. Fun stuff.

CourtJester
04-09-2004, 07:01 AM
EXCELLENT package, very slick. I might schlep some of those ideas for my port.

Instant gratification is always a good thing in the job search.

NanoGator
04-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Wish I'd thought to bring it when we had lunch the other day. Sorry about that.

Sway hiring? :D

NanoGator
04-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Welp,

Today Blizzard should have my demo reel. They have a position open (according to their site...) that is exactly what I do. Unfortunately, I have no idea when and if they'll respond. Boy.. a "we recieved your package!" email would be quite pleasant right now.

I dunno if it's this cold I have or if that I've been virtually alone for the last week, but man I've been down. I've got another 2 weeks left before I have to shoo off out of Cali. Ugh.

Sorry just need to vent a bit. I am talking with somebody about freelance work. Also, I'm pre-viz'ing a shot where my cannon fires. Seems like I'm walking the right line, but I worry about not making rent payments etc.

It's gettin to me.

AdvancedLife
04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey NanoGator,

We’ve all been there at one point or another. Good Luck on your job hunt.

Zarathustra
04-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Boy.. a "we recieved your package!" email would be quite pleasant right now.

I hear you. A little more courtesy out there would be nice. How hard is it to send out a form letter/email?

It's great this is being documented for everyone to see what it's like making the rounds in Cali. It'll be awesome if it ends with success. I'm hoping it does for you. Good guys need to win occasionally.:thumbsup:

sllink
04-13-2004, 04:17 PM
:thumbsup: Nono, we are all rootin for you. Im a big fan of your work and I have learned a lot from your tutorials. Keep at it and stay postitive....

Sllink

NanoGator
04-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Ugh, I picked a BAD time to catch a cold. I wish it'd go away. Totally kicked my butt.

NanoGator
04-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh neat, I already screwed up! I sent Digital Domain a DVD, but I looked more closely at their site and they really want VHS. Doh!

Nemoid
04-14-2004, 07:34 AM
LMAO :D

just send them a VHS too!!!

good luck.

CourtJester
04-14-2004, 06:56 PM
It's gettin to me.

Last November, that was me... and March last year too, and November before that.

Success is never guaranteed, but you're doing all the right things. Hold your course!

NanoGator
04-19-2004, 01:12 AM
Welp, I've taken on a freelance gig. I think I mighta mentioned it before. One of the perks is I can show everything I'm working on publically. (wee!)

http://www.reflectionsoldiers.com/refsol/artwork/rocket_and_co/Evil_Robot_Concept_1.jpg

I've been asked to design a evil robot for the climax of an independent movie coming out later this year called "Rocket & Co." In typical fashion, I've come up with more than one doodle to eyeball. Have a keep here:

http://www.reflectionsoldiers.com/refsol/artwork/rocket_and_co/

Basically I took his directions and came up with 4 distinct variations of the theme(s) he has suggested. The drawings are more like doodles in they're a bit crude, but his reply gives me a confident direction to go. Ah I still love doing this. :)

Anyway, this project should help put food on the table, plus he's asking me to go farther than I have yet to go, so I'm in the good there. More demo reel material. More exposure here when I get around to posting it. Plus I keep my LW muscles flexed.

I've been told by one of the places I've applied to that I may be contacted on Monday about employment. They even went as far as to say "call me by Tue if you haven't heard from me". Color me stunned, I can't remember a potential employer saying that heh.

Fingers crossed.

TheAlfheim
04-19-2004, 01:29 AM
G'day Nano,

Ive been reading your updates as you go. I was beginning to wonder where you went.....

Sounds like good news from the employer!

I hope it all works out

NanoGator
04-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Yeah.. me too. hehe Thanks for the support.

Im growing bold, though. Thinking of ways to be obnoxious to get their attention. I've heard of people getting jobs by sending 'gag reels' to employers. One guy put his reel on the end of a fishing rod and mailed it. heh. Got me thinking...

grundgedanke
04-19-2004, 06:25 AM
not only in the 3d area but everywhere. funny ideas are great. i drive a web- and public relation agency and those funny things get most of my attention.
give it a try

CourtJester
04-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I've got a buddy who packs PEZ dispensers in his reel packages. I thought that was kind of Worley-esque, but not too bad... whether he was hired or not, he was remembered.

Nano, regarding "call me by Tue." that sure sounds familiar. Keep us informed!:beer:

shockeddesign
04-19-2004, 03:02 PM
I hope everything works out for you nano...I have been reading this thread for a bit now and its interesting. I live in Derry, NH and I am going out to Los Angeles for college. The Art Institute of Los Angeles. I hope one day from your experiance

angus1965
04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah.. me too. hehe Thanks for the support.

Im growing bold, though. Thinking of ways to be obnoxious to get their attention. I've heard of people getting jobs by sending 'gag reels' to employers. One guy put his reel on the end of a fishing rod and mailed it. heh. Got me thinking...

While at first this may sound like a funny way to get someone to pull you in for an interview - I would refrain from doing this.

If you are not getting the response you wanted, I would take some time and add some new items to your reel. Perhpas there is something else you could add that would capture some's attention.

-R

NanoGator
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Randy,

Is DD pretty strict about the VHS requirement of demo reels? I sent my DVD reel to them, then later I read they want VHS. (doh!) I'm getting a VHS tape together to send. Just curious if my previous DVD reel probably ended up in a trash can?

NanoGator
04-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Poop. More waiting. I made the call and he basically said that they're still deciding on what they need to do. I feel a bit let down, but heck that aint their fault. Having been on their side of it, man I totally understand.

I will say this, though, he totally understands where I'm coming from. He gave me a name and a place to contact and said "let them know I toldja to contact them." That's pretty damn cool + classy. So my spirits are lifted a bit in that regard.

My time in Cali's running out. Blah.

NanoGator
04-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Oh neato... I got a call from a prospective employer tonight. Exciting project, ideal place to live (oh my family would be happy if I got it), and he's enthusastic about me. pretty darn slick.

Cross your fingers. :D

Pyro Funk
04-20-2004, 05:35 AM
hey Nano, have you ever read Rebel Without A Crew by Robert Rodriguez? Your experiences sound quite familiar, which is a good sign because hes now a hollywood hot shot. Good luck :beer:

Pyro Funk

Zarathustra
04-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Just curious - what's the family's take on this?
I thought you were flying solo.

My hopes for your success just increased tenfold.

CourtJester
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh neato... I got a call from a prospective employer tonight. Exciting project, ideal place to live (oh my family would be happy if I got it), and he's enthusastic about me. pretty darn slick.

Cross your fingers. :D

Cool!

Now FORGET ABOUT IT for now and immediately focus on the next target, or on improving your reel.

Regardless of how good any opportunity is, it is not a job until the offer is made. Once you've done your bit and the ball is in their court, imediately shift focus to the next target. DON'T "wait by the phone"! Not only does it not hurt to have multiple things going (unless you call that rare agony of having to choose between great offers "hurting"), it keeps you from stewing in your own mind waiting.

Always be on the move.

NanoGator
04-22-2004, 04:48 AM
@Pyro Funk: Nope, but I'll take a look. :)

@Zarathustra: Thanks man! My family is quite happy about it. The town in particular I'm looking at is where my girlfriend was born, and both herself and her mom (she lives with us) are quite happy to live there again. We all just want to get the F out of Oregon. Heh.

@CourtJester: Yep, you're absolutely right, and I'm working on it. First, I took a free-lance gig to add to my portfolio. Second, I am going to the LW user group meeting this Sunday with several demo reels in hand. Third, I got a friend trying to pull some favors for me.

I have good news btw, I have an interview tomorrow. If it works out (and I'm confident so far...) then they'll hire me for a try-out week. If that works out, then I got a job. If it doesn't, then I have extra $$$ to pay the rent. Brutal.

Thanks for the support all. Seriously. I love this community.

TheAlfheim
04-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Nano,

Congrats on the good news!

Good luck with the intervew.

You'll have to let us know how you go!

shockeddesign
04-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Wow this is great nano I'm proud of you. It looks like you are in the right direction. I hope I'm so lucky when I make the move. I'm only 18 but I'm signed up to go to 'The Art Institute of LA' this July. This is exciting news for me. Your trip has put me in a better mood towards me leaving everything behind. I live in Derry, NH which is literally across the country. So I sure hope my crazy move to Cali will make me something when I'm older. Oh and my brother is also attending the school around the same time. I hope to meet you all when I get out there.....

-Joe

angus1965
04-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Randy,

Is DD pretty strict about the VHS requirement of demo reels? I sent my DVD reel to them, then later I read they want VHS. (doh!) I'm getting a VHS tape together to send. Just curious if my previous DVD reel probably ended up in a trash can?

Sorry for the late reply.

I do not know how strict the policy is towards DVD/VHS reels. Ove the past year or so I have not reviewed a single reel that was on a dvd. I did see one reel that was on dvd, but I was not reviewing it.

A lot of the people who review reels have a vcr close to their desk - there are dvd players here but that means they have to stop what they are doing and walk over to where there is one. I know that sounds like it is not a big deal, but when you have a stack of reels to review and have to pause and go chase down a dvd player - it becomes a pain.

If our website currently states that we would like submissions on vhs - then I recommend that you provide it in that format.

fender
04-23-2004, 03:57 AM
NanoGator,
Great news! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on your progress.:thumbsup:

alot of good information came out of this thread when one is looking for work!

NanoGator
04-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the support!

I went to the LA User group meeting tonight, and I must say, I really enjoyed myself. I met a lot of cool people, and it was just such a pleasure interacting with ya'll. T'was a good night. Thanks everybody!

modernhorse
04-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey man what's the word? This thread has me on the edge of my seat!!

Best,
Doug

NanoGator
04-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Hehehe sorry guys. No net at my hotel so my browsing/posting's been limited.

I'm on day 3 of an evaluation period for a job. Big thumbs up both ways. I'm happy, they're happy. Saturday I'll know more.

HowardM
04-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Saweet! Good Luck!

This reminds me of that guy who kept a daily webpage log of his travels to find a job at Pixar....think he went there and got kicked out for personally showing up? :)
it was like a year or 2 ago...lol...also went to DD I think...cant rem...anyone rem?

you should write a short about it when youre done!
;)

CourtJester
04-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm on day 3 of an evaluation period for a job. Big thumbs up both ways. I'm happy, they're happy. Saturday I'll know more.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :beer:

Julez4001
04-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Keep your head up and mind focus..mr. Nano.

On to Day4

JVitale
04-30-2004, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the support!

I went to the LA User group meeting tonight, and I must say, I really enjoyed myself. I met a lot of cool people, and it was just such a pleasure interacting with ya'll. T'was a good night. Thanks everybody!

We enjoyed meeting you too!...Come see us again...we do this ten months out of the year. :D :beer:

ericsmith
04-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Thought I'd pop in and share my .02 cents.

I'm the evaluator, and Nano is doing great. He's creative, a skilled modeler, and a hard worker. If my boss goes along with my assessment, I think we'll make a kick-butt team.

:thumbsup:

Eric

NanoGator
04-30-2004, 04:21 PM
:applause:

NanoGator
04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Well, as Eric said, things are going good. More news in a couple of days.

Also, I worked on the freelance gig s'more. This robot design was approved. It's a crude drawing (i.e. the head is WAY too big...) but it came out alright.

http://www.reflectionsoldiers.com/refsol/artwork/rocket_and_co/Evil_Robot_Concept_5.jpg

NanoGator
05-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I've accepted a job offer. More info later.

TheAlfheim
05-03-2004, 01:31 AM
A job offer!?!?!?

WELL DONE! :buttrock:

Tell us more nano!

fender
05-03-2004, 02:44 AM
way cool NanoGator!

:beer:

Mechis
05-03-2004, 04:47 AM
Congrats bro. It seems like you found work relatively quickly. It's nice that this thread has a happy ending :thumbsup:
~Mechis

modernhorse
05-03-2004, 01:11 PM
It's nice that this thread has a happy ending

Indeed! Congrats!!!

CourtJester
05-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I've accepted a job offer. More info later.

Yesssssss! :D

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Can't wait to hear about your new gig!

NanoGator
05-05-2004, 10:08 PM
The housing search has begun. Ugh.

Folks, if ya wanna relocate, don't have a dog. Heh.

HowardM
05-05-2004, 10:45 PM
The housing search has begun. Ugh.
Folks, if ya wanna relocate, don't have a dog. Heh.

yep, blows....try having a pitbull too!
:D
congrats, where are you working and on what!?

NanoGator
05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a german shepheard, but it's hard to explain over the phone that she's old and sleeps all the time. Oh well.

I need to find out what I can and can't say before I answer that. Sorry.

Norman
05-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Congrats Nano..

I've always enjoyed your work.. good to see that you have found a home.. :)

*when I say Home, I mean job*

:)

Go get 'em

igorstshirts
05-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Congrats,
Inspiring thread!

NanoGator
06-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Son of a female dog! It's harder finding a 1 bedroom apartment to take a cat in Santa Maria than it is to find a job in 3D!!!! >:I

carbon8
06-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Tell them it's a seeing eye cat. And if they argue, say awe F, they gave me a cat!!:thumbsup:

HowardM
06-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Son of a female dog! It's harder finding a 1 bedroom apartment to take a cat in Santa Maria than it is to find a job in 3D!!!! >:I

hmmm Santa Maria, eh....I THINK I know where you got hired... :P
Tell JB to hire me please! :D

NanoGator
06-07-2004, 06:46 PM
lol. No no no, I was not hired at a big name studio in Santa Maria. (interestingly enough, I have met JB though, and he is a really nice sharp guy. Unrelated to my job search.)

I am working for a new studio that just started up. To give you an idea, I am artist #2.

Oh yeah, can you believe Washington Mutual wouldn't open a checking account for me because I'm trying to move to Santa Maria? They didn't like that I don't have a 'permenant address'. "Uh, hello, I need a checking account so I can write a check to get an apartment so I an have a permenant address!" "Well, you need the apartment first before you can open a checking account."

The manager actually had the nerve to say "we're not normally in the habit of turning away customers..."

NanoGator
06-08-2004, 02:59 AM
Phone convo I had today:

"Hi! Do you have a 1 bedroom apartment available?"

"We sure do!"

"Do you take cats?"

"No, I'm sorry. I'm afraid my dog will eat them."

True story.

TheAlfheim
06-08-2004, 01:21 PM
ROFLMFAO!

pabitel
06-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh yeah, can you believe Washington Mutual wouldn't open a checking account for me because I'm trying to move to Santa Maria? They didn't like that I don't have a 'permenant address'. "Uh, hello, I need a checking account so I can write a check to get an apartment so I an have a permenant address!" "Well, you need the apartment first before you can open a checking account."

The manager actually had the nerve to say "we're not normally in the habit of turning away customers..."

Why not open a p.o. box?

NanoGator
06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pabitel
Why not open a p.o. box?

My home in Oregon should have been enough.

I'd advise anybody to steer clear of that bank.

NanoGator
06-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Welp, I have an apartment now. GEEMINY. It only took like 3 weeks to do! Or is that a month now? Yikes.

sensai2nd
06-10-2004, 07:28 AM
congrats! things seem to be rollin' for ya'!!! You at CafeFX, by any chance?

Peace.

peterpro
06-10-2004, 10:27 AM
hey,
i was passing santa maria,
and the next exit after santa maria, had a steak house to die for.

damn, name slips my mind, i'll find out.

just ask around for the best damn steak house around, and you'll prob be pointed to it.

pete

P.s. dont bring a vegetarian there, they will pass out at the big bbq pit in the back.. (it's huge)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.