PDA

View Full Version : Character control.

Iotrez
03-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I've created a nurbs shape to control the rotation of a joint in a character's neck. THe neck is at an angle in the character's default pose, so I've rotated the nurbs control object to coincide with the neck's angle

I now want to get the rotation values in the channel box for the control object set to zero, while keeping the angle of the control object's local rotaton axis aligned to the angle of the control object it'self.

However if I click on freeze transformations to zero out the values, then the local rotation axis of the control shape becomes aligned to world space.

If I try to adjust the local rotation axis in component mode, this changes the values in the hotbox.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks alot for any replies.

cavetroll
03-25-2004, 01:49 PM
here`s the trick.
- create your ctrlObject at the origin
- immediately group it to itself Ctrl-G
- point and orient constrain the group to your neckJoint
- delete the constraints
- make sure rotation orders of your ctrlObject correspond to the rotation orders of your joint.
- orient constrain the neckJoint to your ctrlObject
- parent the group where it should be in your animationHierarchy
- you`re done, the group will compensate the alignment of your neckJoint so your ctrlObject stays clean
:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.