PDA

View Full Version : help required here for dreamscape (sky)

khurram
03-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I am having problems in rendering dreamscape sky,it flikers.....I tried to arrange the steps and the sample rates but no difference....any idea guys....!!I am desperate.
thanx

pogeybait
03-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Im am going to ask some obvious questions first. Do you have a Dreamscape sun in your scene? Are there any other lights in the scene besides the Dreamscape sun? What settings to you have for your Rendering Environment for Dreamscape? What settings are you using for rendering? Which codec? Any info you can give us will help us help you.

khurram
04-15-2004, 02:37 AM
I am trully sorry for late reply ,actually I got very busy in projects ,thanks a lot for your serious concern towards my problem in dreamscape.....you asked of some specific info for my settings,here it is:
render settings.......
codec for rendering: cinipec
render resolution : 740 by 404
dreamscape atmosphere parameters....
steps: 10
multiple sec: 0.1
realism: real earth
dreamscape render control....
exposor:1.0
global scale:1.0
ground level:0.0
and the rest of the setting is deafault..
please let me know why my animation for dreamscape sky flickers
I am highly appreciated for you concern
thank
khurram

pogeybait
04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Your settings for Dreamscape are very unlikely to be your problem with the flicker. I still need more information before I can help you. Do you have a Dreamscape sun in your scene? The sun is located under create light panel under the Dreamscape dropdown. If you have any other lights in the scene, try disabling them and rendering your scene. Also you should try another codec, perhaps DivX for your .avi's or Sorenson3 for your quicktime .mov's. Lastly if you can send us a sample scene of what you are working on. You can remove everything except the Dreamscape elements and post it for us to try rendering. Give these a shot and lets see what happens.

khurram
04-15-2004, 11:57 AM
thanks again,yes there is a dreamscape sun in my scene ofcourse because dreamsape sky only works with dreamscape sun....there r no other lights in the scene....I cant send u the file through cgtalk since it does'nt support max formats so is it possible for u to let me know ur e-mail address so that i can send u in ur inbox....

JeffPatton
04-20-2004, 11:44 PM
Does it "flicker" or change color slightly every other frame? If it's the color that's changing, it's a bug. The work around is that once your happy with the settings for the sky, save the max file, close max. Restart max, load the scene and render. DO NOT edit the environment...if you do, you will need to save, close and restart again.

Jeff

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.