PDA

View Full Version : Super Realistic Car

powersurge5000
03-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Hello!

I'm a new guy when it comes to lighting automobiles with Mental Ray, and I want to make my model SUPER REALISTIC! I know of HDRI, reflection maps, global illumination, domes, ect.,....but I just don't know where to start!

What makes me really frustrated is that I see people everywhere online that have achieved this kind of REALISTIC lighting, yet they don't want to help others figure it out by themselves...which I understand for trade secret-wise. Is there anyone that could tell me how to start and what lighting set-up works best with cars?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

A million thanks, :wip:

kfc
03-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Hm.... I'm sure it's not the trade secret problem. It just that answering ur question on how to light care realistically is going to take a whole course to answer your question. and most of the time it requires more then merely technical knowledge in MR and maya.
I guess the best way to learn how to light a car is from photography books.
If u wanna learn how to use MR with all of those fancy features online. U can always find the source from www.learning-maya.com

And I remember seeing somewhere online that there's an article about lighting cars in brazil.
Spend sometime with it, light it the way u like. Soon u'll be able to achieve the same result too.

stallion151
03-26-2004, 06:00 AM
everything u need to learn is already available, you just need to sit down and understand what does what.
persistance and experience is the secret.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.