PDA

View Full Version : wireframe render

Davood
03-24-2004, 04:08 PM
how can I render the grid(wire) of object.like the wire text or chiffon garment.

wizard06
03-24-2004, 07:54 PM
the way i do it is with a playblast render's to view my wire, but i really would like to do it in the software render, it's pretty easy to do in just about any other software.

Ken Koala
03-24-2004, 09:03 PM
You could try CreateWire mel from Highend.
Good for rendering Hi detailed wire frames even with dof and motion blur

Good Luck, I hope I helped

PROVIDE3D
03-24-2004, 10:13 PM
nurbsData -> NURBS Curves and Surfaces Wireframe Rendering
polyData -> Polygon Surfaces Wireframe Rendering

Try them from here:

http://www.provide3d.com

Martin

Ken Koala
03-24-2004, 10:58 PM
$$$$$
Looks good though. I will keep it in mind
Does it render with MR?

PROVIDE3D
03-25-2004, 06:44 PM
No. Both Plug-Ins ( shaders ) are only supported by Maya's Native Software Renderer.

We are currently developing a MR ones.

Martin

Aneks
03-26-2004, 04:47 AM
There are two ways I use to render wireframe from Maya.

Full Wire : use the hardware render buffer and set the draw style to wireframe. If you want to use coloured wireframes simply put your oject in a layer and assign that layer a colour.

Hidden line wire : use the vector renderer. Set the edge options to include edges and set the edge style to Entire mesh. NB This will only show a nominally tesselated version of a nurbs obects iwhich doesnt seem to pay mach attention to explicit tesallation attributes ?!?!?

Aneks
03-26-2004, 05:02 AM
correction ........ if you enable advanced tesselation .... then it will actually take nurbs tesselation into account....

dungbeetle
03-23-2005, 08:05 AM
dudes, one big question :
since we are discussing how to render outlines, i've got a question:
currently i'm doign fine with maya's vector, render hidden lines, but i wonder how do it render the hidden lines in dotted? cos now everything is rendered with the same line, what if i need the hiden lines to be in dotted lines? just like an orthographic image?

anyother ways?
thanks in advance!

alexx
03-23-2005, 09:45 AM
since the maya vector renderer uses enormous amounts of RAM with high res objects it is very limited for me.

good solution is the mental ray contour shader (which in 6.5 is even easy to use).
but be careful: it does not work with mental ray satellite rendering (bug is logged)

cheers

alexx

butCherHeLL
05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
new tutorial added:
howto render nurbs wire easie

http://kursatturkay.port5.com/
every1 talx nobody worx

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.