PDA

View Full Version : Max Slop, my tutorial site

Stroker
03-24-2004, 03:47 AM
I've been done writing Photoshop tutorials for awhile now. But I still have the urge to write about something. So I decided to start writing some Max stuff.

So far, nothing terribly massive as I'm taking it easy to start. Just some little Material Editor things that I felt like babbling about. I'm sure the veterans will find it boring, but the newer folks will probably pick up some nuggets.

Max Slop (http://w3.chrlmi.cablespeed.com/~jlhalmich/max-slop/index.shtml)

wal_russ
03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
thanks they were helpful i hope u get around to making more, that would be cool. thanks:beer:

Hyphen
03-31-2004, 06:53 AM
oh my gooses, i love you. most helpful uvw tutorial ever.

the_zed_axis
03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
thanks a lot really appreciate it hope u have time to write some more stuff for us lesser mortals

Stroker
04-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Hey, thanks for the comments.
Past while I've been taking a bit of a break.
I've got a few coming up talking about hair and grass and similiar.
After the hair/grass things, I'm at a bit of a loss.
What MatEd things would you like to see explored and babbled about?

Hyphen
04-03-2004, 12:38 AM
hrm...for us newbs you could have a tut or brief overview on unwrapping. and maybe a bit of an overview on painting textures.

you could also maybe write an essay [a pictorial one!] about the different sorts of maps, bump, specular, etc. just some suggestions :P

Stroker
04-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Okay.
I will probably do some chatting about the ideas behind uvw coords. You know, taking a 3 coord system and translating to a 2 coord system. One thing that I am planning to do along these lines is a total goof-off session with stupid gizmo tricks. That should prove useless but interesting.

Ah, painting textures. This is something that I'm saving for a little later. I used to have the hardest time painting, but then I took a "just do it" or "screw it" attitude and my painting dramatically improved. I will probably be talking more about my journey as oppossed to my process.

Gloss and Specular Level - I am planning on tearing into these two in particular. Personally, getting these two to work well together gives me a headache.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.