PDA

View Full Version : 3D Buzz.com's Max Video Tutorials ...

mcintosh184
03-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Anyone have them??? ... Evidently you have to subscribe and commit to their forums to earn a star that lets you dl the instructional videos. I'm a very busy person and between work, freelance work, a possesive girlfriend, and an elderly mother ... I really dont have the time to earn a star, but it seems like these videos are supposively good, and I for some reason learn better watching and listening to these professionals doing it ... while doing it myself ...

Can anyone comment of the tutorials at 3dbuzz ... are they good, and are they worth the time and added hassle? Believe me, if I had more time, i'd spend it here ... but I need some help.

SammyB
03-26-2004, 07:37 AM
They are very, very good, especially for beginners. Your right, it is a good way to learn, and the guys doing it are pretty amusing aswell, you can tell they're having fun. I was lucky since downloaded most of them before they implimented the whole star system thing.

robioto
03-26-2004, 09:34 AM
I remember reading that they will resume the mail shipment of free tutorial cds. The registration is free but the cds will only be sent to people who have not downloaded the videos. I'm not sure how long fufillment takes currently.

MuseSyndrome
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Don't forget you can buy the DVD, $50 I think it is. You can download the first video of each VTM to see if you like them or not, even without a star. I suggest you go and check them out.

milagroman
03-29-2004, 12:24 AM
im a bit of a regular over at 3dbuzz

if you know someone with the vid tuts they are allowed to copy them off for you.

they are great for beginners as said already and they explain why and what they are doing which makes the whole thing just seem easy.. watch them once or twice and you can more or less do everything they show.

the files are small and the whole tutorial can last about 2-6 hours and some parts can be quite funny. they are usually made very late at night.

(sorry forgot to mention - if you join the free online course you can download the first set of videos (intro to max) without a star. the course is very slow at the moment but it should speed up again soon ... and the students have competitions to fill up time ... they are quite good!)

Y0da
10-21-2005, 05:59 AM
http://www.3dbuzz.com no longer uses the star system so you can now download all the videos for free after registration. Let me just say that this is some of the best training videos I have ever seen. Everything is explained in detail and you don't feel lost after 10 minutes because they don't skip anything. Just thought I'd share this.

tcbcoolscene
10-21-2005, 07:40 AM
http://www.3dbuzz.com no longer uses the star system so you can now download all the videos for free after registration. Let me just say that this is some of the best training videos I have ever seen. Everything is explained in detail and you don't feel lost after 10 minutes because they don't skip anything. Just thought I'd share this.

every time i try to get to them i get the error "Could not get login ID.", i have registered and logged in but i get that every time. Anyone know what it could be?

Y0da
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
I got that too. You just have to close and reopen your browser and then log in from the homepage. After that it works fine. ;)

tcbcoolscene
10-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I got that too. You just have to close and reopen your browser and then log in from the homepage. After that it works fine. ;)

cool, thanks mate

vorxaw
10-29-2005, 12:57 AM
yes its no longer under the start system, however 90%of the videos have the two links MEMBER and SPONER but neither works

hm..

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2005, 12:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.