PDA

View Full Version : Still: STress Lamp

JoZeF-3D
03-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey folks,

Here's a lamp for you folks. Please don't say its a rip from pixar. Just because it's got a lamp doesn't mean so LOL :) Anyway, Enjoy.

http://3d-palace.com/modules/gallery/albums/userpics/web_lamp.jpg

- Rendered with Maya Software Render

PJ

kicit
03-22-2004, 08:35 PM
haha...me first c ur image without read ur text also think is from PIXAR... haha.... by the way... using maya software is not recommended render CG but u can try using mental ray... normally i using maya software onli render for animation coz fast n nice also... i prefer using maya software la....

lulaassassina
03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
It's a rip from Pixar.
;)

Just kiddin'. Look's good, but something is missing, but I don't know what.

Happy thoughts, in spite of this empty feeling. Keep on!

JoZeF-3D
03-23-2004, 08:41 AM
HAH. cool empty feeling is what I was going for in this scene Anyway, I use regular software render because I wanted to harness doing lighting first, before I messed around with automatic lighting. Since I feel that there is so much more to lighting especially with depicting feeling. I do like Mental Ray, but I find ita lot more challenging to light the scenes manually hehehe..

PJ

More comments are welcomed :D

p0rcupine
03-23-2004, 09:29 AM
hey i looks good....

any idea where i can learn how to use mental ray??

i wanna use it but no idea how...

if you know, please tell me :)

JoZeF-3D
03-23-2004, 09:47 AM
well there should be a lot of resources on the net on how to use MR. but like I said, I lit the scene myself without MR or anything.

"I'm guilty of not knowing how to use MR" :(*

hehehe

PJ

More comments are welcomed.

Garma
03-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lula_assassina
Look's good, but something is missing, but I don't know what.

rofl, you should've heard yourself :beer:

mental ray and maya software rendere both have their advantages, and mental ray certainly isn't perfect yet.

"how to use mental ray" - well... just change from "software renderer" to "mental ray" in the render globals and hit that render button.. the advantages of mental ray lie in the neater renders, it's displacement handling, GI and FG etc.. just pick what you need

houwen
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM
i like it ,good rendering .

JoZeF-3D
03-23-2004, 05:48 PM
hehee, Yes I do know how to change the rendering, but in terms of messing around with the GI and FG is what I need to learn. But I am heavily concentrating on getting to light my scenes manually, then I can use MR for enhancement. If I rendered in MR without GI or FG, but just used MR to render out my scenes with regular lights would it produce really good quality?

PJ

More comments and questions welcomed :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.