PDA

View Full Version : Exporting tracker data to max.

theotheo
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi, i already asked this question over at the 3dsmax forum but got no reply, so i figured out it might help to post it here instead.

original post :

"This may be a silly question but :
I have tracked some points in combustion 3 and would want to import the tracker data in 3dsmax v6.
Ive tried using Tracker Tools script but that only exports/imports its own format, and i`ve tried 2dtracker script but that only seems to export data..

Išve also tried to make a comp in combustion with the tracking points as white dots with a black background and then trying to track them in 3dsmax`s camera/motion tracker, but that one seems to smoothen out the tracking position and i dont think the 3dsmax tracker takes the pixelratio of the tracking file in account.
And about the smoothing in the trajectory of the tracked point , ive turned down all smoothing in the rollout..."

Appreciate any answer, and sorry for the double post (running out of time) :)

-theo

GrantKay
03-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi,

You can move 3dsmax camera data to combustion via RLA and RPF but there is no automated way to get combustion camera/tracking data to 3dsmax. The settings saved in combustion are meant for our System products (flame, smoke etc)

I would suggest you look at tracking software like Boujou or Matchmover which will get the job done.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.