PDA

View Full Version : Modeler wireframe color

particle
07-07-2002, 09:49 PM
After looking through all the menus and look through the index of the Lightwave 7.0 manual (only 3 refernces to wireframe in the index), I am stuck. How do you change the color of the wireframe in modeler? The manual shows how to do it in Layout, but not in modeler. I have a refernce image with light colors and I would like to see my wireframe model on top of it. Thanks for your help.

JacquesD
07-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Go to 'Detail Tab' use 'Sketch Color' function and choose your display mode to 'Wireframe Color', that's it.

The only drawback but I can be mistaken here is that every time you create new polygons, you've got to reassign your sketch color.

Hope that will help a bit.

particle
07-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Thanks Ripper! :wavey:

Don't I feel like an idiot. Guess I should download the 7.5 manual. Wonder what it would cost to have printed at Kinkos.

L0rd
07-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Sucks how it dosn't colour them in Wireframe Shade, would make my day.

Ubik
07-08-2002, 01:12 AM
I,ve seen screen grabs that had diffrent wireframe colour(black, and yellow..i think), but I've also never been able to reproduce that. It would be very useful on light color shaded surfaces(white yellow...).

Ubik.

Eugeny
07-08-2002, 06:28 AM
Sucks how it dosn't colour them in Wireframe Shade, would make my day.

In order to see colors in Wire Shade - use Sketch instead of Wire Shade

L0rd
07-08-2002, 06:34 AM
Yeah but that colours the polygons with the sketch colour still leaving the wireframe the grey.
What would be great is if you could have the wireframe the sketch colour over the assigned surface colour of the polygons.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.