PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 6: Kate Beckinsale / Underworld

NeD[3D]
03-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey all!

Figured i might as well try the comp, it sounds like alot of fun!!

I'm going to be trying to do Kate Beckinsale as Selene in Underworld (not the most popular movie i know..)

I've started modeling the head, and i figured i might as well post what i have so far.

I should have the whole head completed (with hair and such) really soon.

http://www.ned-art.com/katewip.jpg

I realise it's not quite 100%, the jaw needs some work, and i think i might have to lift her mouth and ball of her nose up in her face a touch, but i think it's starting to get there.

The reference pic isn't from Underworld, I'll get some from that movie up here when i'm a bit further along.

I also made the skin a little paler, because in Underworld (as a vampire) she looks almost white the whole time :P

Anyways comments and crits greatly appreciated as always!

:)

Supervlieg
03-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Just saw the movie. And it was bad oh yeah!

The character might turn out fine though. The start is looking good. Youve allready got a good texture going.

chrisdejoya
03-21-2004, 11:34 PM
hey .. i liked that movie. horrible as hell, but kate made it easy enough to enjoy.

well this is going to be a challenge, as far as looks go, kate beckinsale doesn't have any memorable features... she looks almost.. generic?

skeen
03-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I don't think the face will be what defines the character, will be the style. The boots, the coat, the hair, and the extremely pale skin. If you have those down really good it'll sell it, even if the face doesn't have any remarkable distinguishing features. And I liked the movie too, was good mindless entertainment :)

Ravager
03-22-2004, 10:13 AM
I gave the movie the thumbs up too. I was expecting it to be crap but to my surprise I enjoyed it.
I'm looking forward to seeing how your model of Kate turns out.

NeD[3D]
03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
tiny update...

http://www.ned-art.com/katewip2.jpg

david
03-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Their is deffinatly some likeness between the foto and your render, but somehow I don't really regonize Kate Beckinsale in it yet. Try give her rounder cheeks and more yellow/brown skin tone. The jaw in your model needs to be a bit stronger to. Now its almost one curve and in the picture she has more an angle.

It's difficult, I've been looking at the pictures for some time, but their is nothing really wrong. Perhaps I'm to critical.

Other then that the model and texture are great. Very proffesionel. Perhaps we could see the wireframe?

Keep up the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.