PDA

View Full Version : akryls; how was it done then?

zon
03-20-2004, 10:23 AM
As the guys that made the amazing film Akryls have not yet posted the "making of.." part of their website (and it doesnt look like they are going to any time soon) i ask the question to you seasoned pro's; how did they do it? Every aspect of the production is of such high quality from the modelling and texturing right through to the lighting and final render. I have been using lightwave part time for about eighteen months now, coming from a 2d background and i am curious as to how long it takes to get this good, given that you posess a natural skill. I also wonder if this standard of work is possible in such a reasonably short amount of time if you are outside of either; a studio environment or a teaching environment, whereby you do not have access to extra facilities, personnel or support?

gruvsyco
03-20-2004, 03:47 PM
One thing you can do is check out the Evasion3D (http://www.evasion3d.com/) site. They develop some plugins that try to focus on adding more realism to LW's renders. According to their site, they are also some of the people involved in making Akryls.

zon
03-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks gruvsyco,

Shall take a look!

gathering
03-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Some info from the newtek forum.

Info from Akryls:
---------------------------------------------------
Thanks you very much for all replys, we are really happy with this great feedback!
About the microscopical images at the beginning, this was done with a DV camera mounted on a microscope.

Here is a detailed timecode to show what parts is CG, Video or the two.

0'00 --> 0'42 : Video
0'48 --> 0'54 : Full CG
0'54 --> 0'58 : Video
0'58 --> 1'04 : Mapped photo with CG animals (travelling done in LW)
1'04 --> 1'11 : Microscopical photo mapped on 3D geometry
1'11 --> 1'20 : Full CG
1'20 --> 5'10 : Full CG

---------------------------------------------------

gathering

roguenroll
03-21-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah, that was a masterful piece of work. great job, one of my all time favorites.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.