View Full Version : Reactor problem
01-28-2002, 05:45 AM
I have a problem with reactor..
how can i do a link to any collison object to another object,
Actually, I just want to create a simple chain but also I want to create a link to controller object for each pieces, and than i want to move a controller object separately..
and, here is my example picture. thanks...
I think that you use SimCloth.........is the best for max dynamics!!!
01-29-2002, 01:35 AM
but look at the dinamic calculation speed,
this is %100 reactor dinamic
01-29-2002, 03:12 AM
you don't really need to do any linking in max for reactor collisions to take place, reactor does it for you. here, i will give you a simple thing to try using reactor,
1. Create 2 boxes and a plane(the plane is for the ground)
2.go to the reactor tool bar, click on the rigid body collection.
3.Click on it and go into the modify panel, click the add button.
4. click on the two boxes and the plane.
5. Click on one box, go to the utilities panel, activate the reactor toolbar if it isn't already active.
6. Go down to the mass or weight box in properties roll out. Click weight to whatever, it doesn't really matter.
7.Repeat with the other box.
(do not add weight to the plane as it needs to stay in one place for the boxes to collide with as the ground)
8.Go to the animation toolbar in the reactor rollout and click perform simulation.
9.On the reactor toolbar click the export to window or something like that.
10. hit the "p" button to play the simulation. then you can drag with your right mouse button to interact with the objects. they will collide withoutyou even needing to link or anything.
this should work. If it doesn't, tell me because i did not have max running when i typed this.
if you want to do cloth, just ask me.
01-29-2002, 06:04 AM
thank you for the nice explaination meloncully.
actually i know how to create rigit body deformation, cloth, water, rope, and something like that,
but my problem is little diferent.
i want to create a controller object. i mean when i move the rigid box, than other box follow the controller box.
like this: http://www.havok.com/xtra/demos/demo-mace2.html
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.