PDA

View Full Version : Lipsync Animation

}-{obbes
03-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey everyone, i have a short lipsync exercise i'm doing for a class. I'd like to get opinions on how well the lips are doing, too articulated, good, or whatever.
Dont pay too much attention to the body and eyebrow movements, those are just prelim and i'm working on those at the moment. Just wanted to rough something in for the general idea.

If you can't tell at first (quick phrase) he is saying "Step over this line and say that, i'll kick your butt..............at Nintendo..."

nin.avi (http://home.comcast.net/~p.stefanko/nin.avi)

Thx.

}-{obbes
03-20-2004, 10:11 PM
No one has anything to say?

HumanZoetrope
03-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey Hobbes, I'll take a crack at this.

It looks to me like generi is too slow and floaty inbetween poses. I think the poses you've got are OK (they could probably use a little better staging and exaggeration), but it looks like you set the poses and then let the computer fill in the inbetweens.

Don't be afraid to have the character strike a pose and *stick it* (something I have to constantly tell myself). Make him react to what he's thinking, and illustrate that in the best pose possible. And don't change that pose until he reacts to something else he's thinking. In this case, Milhouse comes out very strong and acts like a tough guy (but we all know that's not true :) ), and then comes the change: He shies away from the threat. I can tell that you're thinking about this in the shifting of the eyes, but it's not clear just yet.

Good start though (and a great choice of audio). With a little massaging this could be a solid piece. - Jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.