PDA

View Full Version : One Prayer, Linda (3D)

linda
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/66600/onepray_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/66600/onepray.jpg)

All comments are welcome:)

rushi
03-18-2004, 05:32 PM
no reply so far... :rolleyes:

well I liked it a lot cool work..

I didn't like door.. looks little flat..

but good work

atom_up
03-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Wow, no reply yet?!? I like this, I think you did a great job on almost everything. Great textures and models, and the Lighting is done nicely also. Couple things I noticed. The wooden floor boards arent aligned near the bottom of the pic, like the texture is off or something. This is creating a very visible seam. Also maybe the textures in the room are a bit too repetitive. Maybe try throwing some different colors in there to liven things up a bit. Like the chair doesnt have to be the same color as the bed frame and shelving, mix things up a bit. Theres alot of gold. Well thats all from me, Great WORK!!

ooh one more thing, maybe add the side boards that run across the bottom of walls in most homes.:thumbsup:

Z1K0B4
03-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Great warmth and composition, beautiful pallette. The modelling is top notch also! As a matter of fact, I cand find anything to crit here. I like that the image conveys some kind of story (the suitcase, the book) we feel like she is on a journey, away from home. Very nice. I'd love to see some wires, and hear a bit about software used, renderer, etc. Was this just for fun? Will there be an animation?

Animator395
03-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Very nice job! I love your style you got going here. nice objects and great texturing. The only things that bug me a little are a couple shadows, the one on the bed sheet is a bit harsh and kinda flattens it out a bit and also the one on the girls leg may be a bit harsh too, but just a bit. Also perhaps the pendulem on the clock in the upper left corner could be straight up and down. The mid swing of it currently adds some tension or dynamism to the otherwise very calm and peaceful scene. Just tiny things to help. Very good job I think!:beer:

Man
03-18-2004, 06:04 PM
really like your image

nice shaders,and great lighting

but you should release the girl from it, unless you maek a 3d one

she doesn't seem to fit in it

besides that, i wouldnt change a bit of it

MKane
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
I like the girl in the scene, and the whole scene in general.

This is quite a nice change from the monsters and demons and ultra-tech stuff we usually see on here.

The big crit: I also noticed the board's texture along the bottom do not match up at the seam of the tile ( I imagine). You should really fix that.

Great work.

linda
03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi all glad that you liked my work i will absoloutly fix the floor here are a wire i am not proud of it because it is a bit of a mess but anyway for you who like to see wire here it is.

as you understand the hair was painted after in photoshop.http://medlem.spray.se/lindas3dstation/wire.jpg

Magus
03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
very nice...

just one mmiiinoor nitpick.

are there glass on the door the girl is facing.. should there be a smidge of reflection of the floor, and perhaps the girl.

maybe not.. i dunno.. still awesome

worx3d
03-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Beautiful! I love it! it feels warm and calm.. great render.

:beer:

Alice
03-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Stunning work!
Maybe make the indoorlight a little colder in contrast to the warm sunset?
That way you can get a neat backlight on the girl and put her a little bit more in focus :)
:thumbsup:

torbjorn
03-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Linda? 3D Artist named Linda from Sweden? Gee, I thought we didn't have ANY girls doing 3d here...Bravo!! More of that...Where do you work?

PS: Looks great by the way...warm feeling...Praying...hmmm...afraid of not passing the test tomorrow maybe? ;-)

/ T

lildragon
03-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Beautiful image, and nice composition, kinda reminds me of the trailer Polar Express. What app did you use? And yeah aside from the floor boards, it's a great image. Is it possible to see the lil girl by her lonesome? A close-up if you will.

[plugged]

-lild

the_prodigy
03-19-2004, 09:45 AM
It's good except for the bed sheet, it looks like clay and it's to "boxy"...

animatethat3d
03-19-2004, 10:28 AM
i love the feel of it.
-A

urgaffel
03-19-2004, 10:32 AM
If it's Linda from animate.se it's max and vray :)

Great work Linda, only thing bugging me is the seam between the planktexturs on the floor, doesn't look natural. Also, could you post a link to a higher quality picture? I feel that the compression doesn't do your work justice...

*edit*

Yah, have to agree on the cover on the bed. One more thing, the right half feels like an illustration, the left half a little less so, but it's still got a really nice mood. Good use of sss too btw.

Garma
03-19-2004, 10:55 AM
beautiful. I love it, especially the right part, with the soft lighting and the sweet girl

elnady
03-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Fantastic
I love it very much:buttrock:

Tarscher
03-19-2004, 11:26 AM
I realy like the style. It has a non CG look which I realy like.

Some crits:
- I think the colors are too much of the same (brownish)
- The bedspreadcolor doesn't fit the room

regards
Stijn

worm
03-19-2004, 11:35 AM
:bounce: Amazing work, I just love it.:bounce:

Q_B
03-19-2004, 12:11 PM
It's great!
So calm, so tender... lovely.

Some things keep bouncin in my head, apart from the wood floor and bed sheets/blankets...

Is this the lill girl's bedroom?

If so, then ... the hat looks a bit bigger than her supposed size. And the same goes to those shoes/ sandals.

The bed, being really great as a model, looks really too childish, in comparison to the rest, and specially to that suitcase and sandals.

But these are just ramblings of a picky guy when it comes to concept :)

Congratulations!:thumbsup:

calan
03-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Thats very beautiful. I really like the lighting and the ambiance.

The only thing i have to say, is that the modeling of the drape at the top look like a little bit strange.

But... thats a really great job.

linda
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi all and thank,s for all replies ok i am making some changes an i will post some uppdates and closeups here today.

HOmz
03-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Its really very good, although when i see the girl, she seems more matte painting rather than 3d model. Maybe its the amount of light thats hitting her from the front and the glows, also maybe because the light that is hitting her is washing out the detall behind her. Im not sure, but the rest of the room looks tops!:thumbsup:

AndersSundqvist
03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I had a feeling that this was CG Talk plug-material when you posted it at Animate and here it is. Grattis Linda!

J. Epp (Moksha)
03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
This piece has mood. Although it dosn't look like a little girls room.

Personally, one thing I would change is the bed spread to a hunter green so the attention lies on the girl.

Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Xlars
03-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Wonderful cosy/warm atmosphere you created in this image. Look like a illustration for a childrens picture-book. And as it has already been said, you somehow managed to get away from that typical CG-feeling. Excellent.

otacon
03-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Nice. Good lighting and textures.:thumbsup:

drewantarctic
03-19-2004, 02:27 PM
my only crit would be that there is a reflection of the lamp light on the floor. but there is not a reflection from the window on the floor. also there are a lot of outstanding cyans behind the girl. it seems to detract attention from her in the window. maybe if her dress had some of those cyans it would accentuate the scene.

but it is a really great job.

bluemagicuk
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
I really like the way the girl has been "pasteled" into the image.
I assume that there was post work on her which looks great !
I also love the leathery furniture it has a realistic quality to it imho.

I thought there was one technicaly incorrect part of the image which
was that the sun shining in through the "grated" windows would
create criss cross patterns on the girl and the floor.
Saying that the lighting is very soft, and I am nitpicking .

Sweet render :applause:

Damm
03-19-2004, 03:04 PM
hehe yeah it sure is linda from animate.se :D....

don't know if i've said it before but it's a beautifule image.

JasonLin
03-19-2004, 05:04 PM
really nice~~~
i love the feeling of it~~~
great shading and lighting~~~:bounce:

jfb
03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Very beautiful! I like your light and atmosphere a lot!:bounce:

Kel Solaar
03-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Like the mood of the picture, the lightning is beautifull :)

kary
03-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Lovely feel.

XYZRGB
03-20-2004, 02:31 AM
You have created a very nice mood in your art.
:thumbsup:

Psotek
03-20-2004, 04:44 AM
I think she might be praying for more colour in her room.

linda
03-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi again

I haven't had time to do any new renderings to uppdate the scen but i will as soon as possible.

One word about the image i whanted to achiev a feeling of sadness but also hope, the girl has just arrived to a place where she at the moment doesn't feel that she belongs to.........

By the way how can i put an avatar it doesn't seem that i can do that i have found the avatar option but i can't make it avalabile.

Best regards Linda:)

bluemagicuk
03-20-2004, 08:54 AM
To change your avatar look at the top of the page and go to -
my profile>edit options>change avatar
the maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 10000 bytes.

linda
03-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I did that but in on the right side where it says avatar there is a radio buton that say no and i cant uncheck it and under that it say choose avatar from the avalible list Displaying avatars 1 to 0 of 0
and no option to upload.

hercanic
03-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Dear linda:
Nice work, well-modelled. However, the floor texture seems misaligned. I might be able to believe it's the butt of the boards meeting, but there's no depth to it. Now, judging by outside, it doesn't seem to make much sense why her bedroom light would be on when there's that much light already coming in. What might really help your piece artistically is to create more contrast by turning off the light and having outside be your only lightsource (figuratively speaking, of course). This will create a focal point on the girl, and make the room seem darker, colder, getting that feeling of sadness and hope that you're aiming for. Anywho, overall, good work.

bluemagicuk
03-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I forgot something ... you have to wait until you have 20 posts, then the option will turn on exactly where your looking.

Dutchman
03-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Really very, very nice! :) I like the beautiful lightning very well, and also the kid, that she's "talking to God" (I don't know that word in English now...). You've really great skills! :thumbsup:

ragna
03-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Nice :thumbsup: Great warm colors, and good composition

Dias
03-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Nice. ;)

amola2k
03-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey !
Cool artwork !
i really like the warm feeling that this pic has
good use of lights and colors !
Cheers

svenjuhlin
03-20-2004, 05:33 PM
ser bra ut ! har du några andra grejer som man kan kolla in lite eller ? hur som hur så ser det kanon ut :)

linda
03-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Sven du kan alltid kolla min hemsida.

Pa min user profile.

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
03-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Now that is one beeeautiful picture.. very well done. :love:

mehdianim
03-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Nice warm feeling. I though the little girl was added in photoshop.
Good one.

sidneyhop
03-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Very nice feel in this image.

With the story you had in mind (of her being in a strange place and not quite at home) Id really like to see a series of illos with this girl. An adventure of some sort.

Anyway, very nice. Id agree with crits mentioned before of having the stronger of the lights coming from the window if indeed you want it to be 'cold' in her room. But I actually like the lighting and 'feel' in the room more now, it being warm and cozy as it is. Not consistant with story though.

*Bravo*:thumbsup:

gatchaman
03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
there is this rare feminine touch in the cg artwork, amongst the many created in the male dominated cg industry. i love the other works at your website too! esp the red bicycle piece : )

Saikin
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
very good....everyone needs to pray every once in a while

Dodgeas3d
03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Very nice work here! I like the lighting and atmosphere, nice textures!
There u can feel female line of art...
Respect.

hyst
03-22-2004, 07:42 AM
it's cute lol nice work

svenjuhlin
03-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Hejsan Linda

Antar att du är bosatt i USA eftersom du inte använder å ä ö. Tänkte bara fråga om du är självlärd eller om du går något program eller liknande?
ha det bra

linda
03-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Sven jag ar i Grekland men kommer hem i april jag ar sjalvlard ingen utbilding men har hallt pa i ca 3 1/2 ar.

doublerr
07-08-2004, 03:33 PM
nice lightning...great work...:thumbsup:

nacho_grande
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Very cute scene Linda. the lamp inside is fantastic :applause:

caguile
08-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Linda !

I can't believe it ! Your image is really great:applause:
Great atmosphere, great models. WONDERFUL !

picmad
12-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Y pic touch my heart!
It be wanting at the world!

BRGDS

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.