PDA

View Full Version : question about thread order

jedmitchell
03-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I did a search for this but didn't see any other posts on the subject. how does the thread ordering system work on these boards? it seems that whenever the original author of a thread posts a reply it gets bumped back to the top of the list in a particular forum, then sinks down again slowly, while replies from other members do not have the same effect. I'm just wondering what the conditions were for that sort order.

I'm asking because it seems that the "best" work always stays up at the top of a forum list for a long time, but I couldn't figure out just by observation what attributes of viewership were defining threads as "the best."

this is really just a curiosity, not a serious question, but thanks for any info.

leigh
03-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Any reply from any member (whether they started the thread or not) will move the thread back up to the top of the forum. If a thread is constantly getting replies, it will hover around the top of the forum since it is constantly being bumped back up.

jedmitchell
03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
ah, great. I didn't realize it was that simple. I guess things just looked more complicated than they were. anyway, curiosity satisfied. thanks leigh.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.