PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: jawine westland

jawine
03-18-2004, 02:03 PM
jawine westland has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

jawine
03-22-2004, 12:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1079959387_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1079959387_large.jpg)

The function of the technical enhancement isn't super well defined yet, it is an enhancement that increases the human brainpower and makes it possible to communicate directly with man and machine alike.

This image is for me about how we would all look when we were enhanced with machines, from kids to adults in a society where everybody is merged with a technical component.

Ugh that sounds pretentious haha. Feedback is welcome and good luck to you all :D

jawine
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1079970721_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1079970721_large.jpg)

Not the best of scribbles, but i want to claim the idea before anybody else does.

The technical enhancement here enables people to directly communicate with computers. The job of the people in this picture is to answer complex questions search engines/computers can't answer.

Computers don't understand language but humans do, hence this idea to combine human understand with the sheer power of internet/computer calculations.

grouse
03-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Looks like you've put alot of thought into this, (more than me :p ) I think it would be good for you to get some kind of finite idea. Then work on it. I like the idea of human interactions with computers taken to another level, but i guess portraying it may be a bit tricky!

I think we're kinda of in the same position. I have all these great ideas, get them down, then don't know how to go on from there...okay, i just have great ideas! but the point is, we have to think "ORIGINAL". anyways, I hope that was useful, and broke the ice :thumbsup:

keep it going

Friedric P
03-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I like the concept of the mother with her child... Maybe creating them more bio-mechanicals with big wires connecting the mother to the baby... Moreover, A very technical look for the bodies, and a peaceful and happy expression on faces can create a huge and interesting contrast...
BTW, good luck! :)

Algfader
03-23-2004, 12:36 AM
The human hooked up to a machine in a unconsious or sleeping state has been done a lot lately (with all the matrix movies n stuff) so I would go for the future mother thingy :))
would like to change view tho, perhaps something like the mother standing at a height starring over the open landscape infornt of her (sort of symbolising that this is for the future to come) with the baby breastfeeding like in this sketch. I dun know why but I dun feel that the father would add to the picture.

jawine
03-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks to y'all for replying :)

@grouse: don't get overly worried about being original, i mean most of the stuff has already been done by someone.

@friedrick P: Yeah i could do that contrast always works. What i had in mind was a society where enhancements are so normal nobody thinks about them anymore and where they tried to make them as inconspicious as possible. But hm not sure what to do yet since big contrasts usually work better than subtle stuff....

@algfader: The father was there to give a happy family impression but it's just one of the ways to do this, the mother-child part is most important. Just have to refine this idea a bit more.

I decided to choose the mother-child idea, it seems the most original to me, so time to make some fresh scribbles :D

claudiojordao
03-23-2004, 11:16 AM
yeah! I like your idea... somehow it touches mine :) good!

jawine
03-24-2004, 05:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1080150576_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/2070/2070_1080150576_large.jpg)

Another concept based on the idea of the mother with child.
The implants are on the forehead and units for plugging in cable on top of the head. These implants enable direct communication by sending feelings/images/information from your brain directly to someone else, so that person would feel what you feel when you would send a feeling.
The mother is breastfeeding her child and sends it happy images/feelings at the same time.

Is this a good concept?
Is it clear enough that she sends her child feelings/images?

Thanks for looking and everyone who takes the time to comment will get a comment from me :)

Ceraphym Shadow
03-25-2004, 02:44 AM
it seems like a cool idea. something like that would also bea good teaching device and make it much more simple for the mother to understand what the child wants. lol...although i'm not sure how some thoughts that the baby had would come across to the mother...would it sound babyish? hehe..anyway, it sound intresting. i like how it's turned out so far.

Tommy Lee
03-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Your last concept is the best in my opinion.
It has a highteck feeling but also a huge emotional one to it.
I love it:thumbsup:

Cheerz:beer:

Tommy Lee

jawine
03-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Tx for commenting ^0^

I think I need to improve the implants more, now it looks like a simple wiring solution.
(of course if something like that would exist we'd all have wifi-cards in the back of our heads haha)

I might improve the wires, they look like stupid pc cables at the moment, or make a screen in the background where some wires from mother to kid go as well and show the happy images the mother is sending on screen :)

What do you guys/gals think? :)

highwayjack
03-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Definitely with mother and child. I would go with the computer human mind meld.......but I agree, the matrix explosion is stuck in the forefront of my mind.

I think it would be pretty scary if babies could develop into particular human cultures in a premature state.

Here's a thought, if children are given knowledge of the world in their parents eyes early...... will they also inherit the parents hatred, phobias, and ignorance.......... hmmmm. Humanbane will continue throughout time or will it be filtered out somehow.

Awesome...thought provoking concept:beer:

jawine
03-28-2004, 03:14 PM
@highwayjack: yeah there'd be a risk that kids don't only receive nice feelings/knowledge from their parents but also bad stuff...

On vacation now and I can't do a lot (grrrrr)
I want to change the interface, wires is a bit cheesy, and make clear what the mother is communication (guess nice pictures to make the baby happy would be easiest, although the interface can be used for feelings as well) and change the pose so you can see the face of the baby :)

Tommy Lee
03-29-2004, 05:46 AM
I think it is clear that the two are comminicating!:thumbsup:

Nothing more to say... still love it!

MustardWash
04-02-2004, 11:56 PM
I really like the idea. The title is great for this picture too. Great job so far. I cant wait to see how this shapes up.

SpaXe
04-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Wow cool^^.:thumbsup:

Double feeding?...well I can't imagine that but I can see that^^"..:D

Shinwa
04-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I just have to say that you have a very interesting idea!

and also again, I wish I had known to show all the concept work before submission of the final concept *pout* Mighta been more help lol.

Since you are looking for something without wires you could try a holobaby......with baby consciousness plugged into Mom while real baby sleeps in the background...or even have a robo dad...since the technology enhances communication with humans and babies alike....Maybe she fell in love with a machine and had artificial insimination? Oh well lol, just throwing ideas out. I've had some friends looking at my post and one thing they warned me about was to have little details to capture peoples attention as well,
Not so many to overwhelm, but enough to tell a subtle story and keep people looking.

I hope any of this helps...whether you've decided on a final concept or are adding as you move on ;}

Shinwa
04-11-2004, 09:48 PM
whups...I meant humans and machines alike.... lol silly baby taking up my thoughts

madshooter
04-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi,
Your last concept mother feeding the baby is great.
Great going, waiting to see more updates:thumbsup:

Feimi
05-19-2004, 05:17 AM
I love the concept very much. ^_^ I can't wait to see it when it's finished.. I really love the thought of a happy family and stuff.. it's nice, compared to war-machines and stuff, but war machines are cool too. I'm still getting my concept art together.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.