PDA

View Full Version : Fat Balloon Head WIP

AJ
01-28-2002, 03:26 AM
Ok, here's the model I was working on a while ago. Was for a competition, wherein the theme was "Surreal" - so I went for this...

http://ajj.netfirms.com/surreal10.jpg

Sadly I missed the deadline... and usually it would've ended up in my bottomless "unfinished" folder, but I dragged it out today (Sunday boredom - the greatest inspiration there is... :p).

Tweaked the face/eye-sockets some more, and given him whole new eyes. Had a version with some nice drool - but render was taking far too long to do the refraction/reflection, so I've scrapped it for this shot.

Still needs textures (all procedural except the eyes so far) and a scene.

Feedback more than welcome :D

rube
01-28-2002, 03:40 AM
ok that thing creeps me out.

well done though.

rube

halo
01-28-2002, 03:44 AM
looks good...eyes are better than before...

the pupils look a little too deep perhaps and theres a little area of the right hand side of the left eye where it perhaps doesnt seem to sit well....

its a shame about the dribble...perhaps try Vray....

AJ
01-28-2002, 03:54 AM
Yep - I see what you mean... I'll play around with the pupils some more. Might scale them em up as well.

The wierdness on the eye is where I'd put the "goop" around the ball... but like the drool - it was taking way too long to render, but I didn't realise I'd left that bit in... so a big DOH! there... :(

I've been fiddling with Vray and may switch to it as I do like it a lot, but I had the lighting setup already from my previous model - so I just stuck with Brazil.

:D

JacobB
01-28-2002, 04:08 AM
wickedly twisted model, it would would be funny to see it aimlessly floating on a breeze tied to something. I personally think it would look a little better with bulgier pupils.

excellent work!

pabbloz
01-28-2002, 04:09 AM
haha!! funny!
Nice ears.

JoBbE
01-28-2002, 04:12 AM
I like it!! nice surreal style ;)

mcaron
01-28-2002, 04:36 AM
Hands clapping!

Did you try putting a bitmap for the reflection/refraction? It should speed up the rendering and if you have the right mix of color, it should go unnoticed.

Just curious, how did you model the knot at the bottom?

Fat&ugly
01-28-2002, 04:43 AM
Should be a garbage pale kid!

AJ
01-28-2002, 04:44 AM
Good point - I'll try using evironment maps... :D

The knot is simply two lathes of a shape like this:

/
\
/
\

with very low segments - then I pulled around the points/deformed them till they overlayed one another - then SubD'd em (meshsmooth).

Thanks for the comments/feedback guys - it's all appreciated!

Calle
01-28-2002, 05:27 AM
aaah. luv that thing! ;D the thoung and the bottom are great. :P

goodlag
01-28-2002, 09:00 AM
lol nice work~

DrM
01-28-2002, 09:08 AM
mmmmmm!!POP!! I love it!! It made me smile
as soon as I saw it.:)

AJ
01-29-2002, 04:11 AM
Made the pupils larger as a couple of you suggested, and dusted a little "rouge" into the cheeks. Not much of a change - but I'd appreciate feedback...

http://ajj.netfirms.com/surreal11.jpg

More updates as I work on - but C&C a must on this one!!

Thanx guys!

EighthDecay
01-29-2002, 04:38 AM
That tongue makes me laugh,,, and the eyes just bother me,, just creepy... I had to rub my eyes after looking at it.. very cool modeling,,,

Kadde
01-29-2002, 06:25 AM
:) liked a lot ! very funny !

its seems perfect to me.

u could try to blur a little, just a little, the edges,
and add a little more of gaussian blur in the ears just to simulate
a depht of field.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.