PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Andrew O. Paul

CENOBITE
03-18-2004, 03:48 AM
Andrew O. Paul has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

CENOBITE
03-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Well, after extensive brainstorming I have come up with several ideas as to the direction I would like to take my entry into the 'MACHINEFLESH' challenge. They are more on the bizarre, silly side than my usual serious side.

>>>If any of these ideas bear any resemblance to other posts here... my apologies. I havenít had much time to browse... (these sound like 'eureka' sort of ideas), so I wont be too surprised if others have thought of them.<<<

I remember someone super gluing flies to a tiny ultra light glider... so I liked the idea of gigantic twisted machine parts stuck to tiny insects, like some bizarre top secret military plan for micro spies.

Another idea involved attaching arms and legs to an animal like a snake... the machine part having the ability to perform menial tasks such as processing tax forms for the IRS or assisting people at the DMV. All the while having these totally un-aware reptiles forced to be there (possibly as living batteries?). They could wear ties and a button saing "Have a nice day".

The last idea sprung from this was from watching how they implant cameras onto animals to track their progress in the wild... to instead have these endangered species implanted with over-the-top defense systems, then released back into the wild where they would have a 'fighting' chance! Just picture an oblivious Black Rhino just chewing away at some grass, all the while state of the art weaponry and imaging systems bristle all over it's hide. The possibilities are endless...

:twisted:

Tommy Lee
03-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the challenge and goodluck:beer:

Somehow nearly every idea is allready done. Keep going with that theme u feel comfty.

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

CENOBITE
03-24-2004, 05:08 AM
holy smokes... I should know better than to post then scan. You are right, quite a few posts on this forum are close to the same ideas, yet they dont seem as 'fleshed-out' as they could be just yet.

I think I will keep plugging away. :wip:

Tommy Lee
03-24-2004, 05:16 AM
I think u got me wrong. There is no problem if your ideas are similar to others. It's how u execute it:beer:

Thats just my opinion:lightbulb

Russell_Collins
03-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Lee
I think u got me wrong. There is no problem if your ideas are similar to others. It's how u execute it:beer:

Thats just my opinion:lightbulb

Word! Remember, there is nothing new under the sun (well, not really), just new ways of looking at and thinking about the same old things. I mean, "Machineflesh"? How about RoboCop? How about Terminator? How about Star Wars? It has all been done before. It is only up to us to re-interpret the same old song -n- dance into something engaging, interesting, freaky or pleasing, and fresh. That's a tall enough order without having demanding unique ideas. :D:thumbsup:

CENOBITE
03-31-2004, 08:28 AM
Ahhhh... you are right about that. Well, now I think I will just stick with my original plan with da insects (there already seem to be a zoo full of animals here already).

I love the work of .sparth (http://www.sparth.com/) and how he integrates the look of insects into his gigantic insectoid robots... I think I will do the opposite and inject some robots into insects.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.