PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Render A Problem

Fess
03-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Hello,

I'm currently studying Maya Fundamentals. I have completed a project and am ready to render it.

My problem is when I try to render via Render>Batch Render, Maya renders the perspective and not my camera.

The camera I wish to render is called "BoatCamara". I set it to "BoatCamara" in the Render Globals window & still get the same problem.

How can I render my entire animation (360 frames) with "BoatCamara" view?

I am a beginner & any help is greatly appreciated...

Regards
Fess

lowkey
03-18-2004, 06:53 AM
this is know behaviour of maya and i don't know if there's a workaround for this, but you should consider to always go for command-line rendering, when doing something serious.-

you can override every single aspect of your renders by setting the desired flags.

do the following:

open up the shell (windows command-line)

type -> render -s 0 -e 360 -b 0 -cam BoatCamera C:\..\maya\scenes\scenefile.mb -rd C:\renderDir

the render command envokes mayas standard renderer, if you want to go with mentalRay you'll have to look up the corresponding command from the manual.

-e -s -b specifies the start and end frames and their padding in between.

-cam cameraName overrides the camera settings from the render globals.

X:\..\filename.mb is the location and name of your scenefile.

-rd X:\..\renderDirName explicitly chooses the directory for your final output. if you don't set this flag, images will go to your standard render directory (i.g. ..\maya\images).

hope this helps! :thumbsup:

rollmops
03-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Could you make sure that the only renderable camera is "BoatCamara" ?

elvis75k
03-18-2004, 05:01 PM
in the attrib. editor of the persp camera, go to Output Settings and disable RENDERABLE... es. if you have 3 cameras and want to render 3 shoot (1 from left, one for top...blah blah) check this attribute and batch--- whan i was young i starting with a couple of frames (10) and check how the batch works....

bye

Fess
03-19-2004, 09:37 PM
rollmops, Elvis...

Thanks for the advice.

Your suggestions worked.

I'll check my 1st render in F-Check to see the results.

consider to always go for command-line rendering, when doing something serious.-

lowkey,

I didn't try from the command-line yet. I'm very poor with the command-line. But if I'm able to do this, it should be an asset to future renders.

I'll try a 10 frame render from comman-line to see if it works.

Thanks

Regards
Fess

lowkey
03-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm very poor with the command-line

i'm sure you'll get it working in no time! good luck. :thumbsup:

Timefly
03-20-2004, 06:32 PM
another option is to type "select defaultRenderGlobals;" on the cmd line in maya, this'll open an "enhanced" version of the renderglobals, and in this you can set exactly which cameras do and do not render...ought to work

Cheers

T

Goon
03-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Timefly: nice. I learn something new everyday.

Fess: a useful utility for not just maya, but several other apps, is Smedge 2. This probably doesn't give the complete range of flags available through Timefly's tip, but it does a very nice job at providing a GUI, and cueing up multiple batches, etc.

Timefly
03-20-2004, 08:11 PM
speaking of smedge, its actually free to use (and not limited in any way, to my best knowledge) on a single computer, once you submit on a network to several machines it does cost tho...however, its nice to do what goon mentioned...cueing batchrenders as opposed to typing up a .bat file

T

Timefly
03-20-2004, 08:12 PM
oh..and here it is http://www.uberware.net/

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.