PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Jason Chan

JasonChan
03-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Jason Chan has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

JasonChan
03-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I have an idea cooking... but I'm not sure yet. For now, I'll just say it involves demon gods, virgin sacrifices, and of course machines. I'll post something when I flesh it out a little more in my head. ***Edit: actually, it doesn't have to do with any of that anymore :p

JasonChan
03-27-2004, 01:34 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080351276_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080351276_large.jpg)

Just fleshing out my idea. Basically the woman is the tortured goddess and the larger figure that she is attached to is the tortured soul. The tortured soul's brain can be seen where the head would be, and the cables coming out of it attach into the goddess' spinal collumn so that he can control her body at will as well as feed off of her suffering. He has left the original flesh of his hands intact so that he can still touch and feal - for either pain or pleasure. The manacles that find the goddess' arms are attached to chains that can be extended or contracted by the Tortured soul's will.

BloodTaster
03-27-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm a fan of your work, good luck! It seems very good!!

JasonChan
03-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Here's the background story behind my concept. This is just the rough version of the story. I may refine it later.

There was once a land that time has long since forgotten.
In this land lived the goddess Ai, and under her gaze, the people were happy.
She said unto the people that every man and every woman would know love and happiness. And so it was that every man and woman found true love and happiness.
That is, all save one.
It so happened that there was one more man in this land than there were women.
And this man was alone.
Grieved, he decided to seek out the goddess and ask for her guidence. For fifty two days and nights he traveled in search of her temple and on the fifty second night, he had found it.
Upon entering the temple, he laid his mortal eyes on the goddess. Her beauty was so great that it made his heart weep and his eyes burn. He fell to his knees and begged to the goddess. "Oh, my goddess so fair, why have I been forsaken the love that my brothers enjoy?"
The goddess simply smiled and his heart was warm. Her love, the love of a goddess for one of her children, filled him to the core and he wept.
"I love you, my goddess," the man confessed. "Please accept my love and let me stay by your side."
The goddess smiled again. "You are one of my children, and I love you," she said soothingly to the man, "but you are but a mortal and I a goddess. Love of the nature you speek can only exist between man and woman, or god and goddess.
This pained the man and a crack appeared on his heart.
The man, driven by love did the impossible and crafted for himself a body of steel. He became impossibly strong, nearly impervious to pain, and immortal. "I have made myself a god," he told himself, " and now the goddess shall be mine."
Upon entering the temple for the second time, the man spoke. "My goddess, I have returned and my love for you has made me a god. Behold my immortal strength, my steel skin, and my endless life."
But the goddess only frowned when she looked upon the man. "You are not a god, my child." She touched the man's cold metal arm. "You have become a monster neither god nor human. And I cannot love you for this."
The crack within the man's heart grew and grew and finally his heart shattered.
Consumed with furry and anguish, the creature that was once a man captured the goddess and vowed "If you will not give me the happiness that my brothers have, then I will make you take that happiness from them instead."
His humanity lost, the monster butchered the once beautiful goddess and made her a part of his steel body. All the while she wept, not for herself, but for the anguish of this monster. Now of one body, the monster and the goddess were set loose on the land. The monster attacked village after village, murdering, raping and plundering. All the while the goddess cried for her children as she saw her own monsterous body desecrate her beloved people.

And so it was that Love and Despair became one.

pigwater
03-27-2004, 09:31 AM
great stuff:thumbsup:

good luck with this and :beer:

crazybread
03-27-2004, 09:05 PM
I really dig your concept. Good luck with it.

:buttrock:
marcin

teknotek83
03-28-2004, 04:59 AM
looking good! nice and thorough background story and very interesting/original design. good luck with this, man!

Haven
03-28-2004, 05:18 AM
I love the concept. Before I read your concept I was thinking it was some mecha that fed off human energy and perhaps used the human's brain power. Your description takes it way beyond and I will definitely be following your thread to see where you take this wonderful idea.

David

element5
03-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I am liking it so far :thumbsup:

jeromoo
03-28-2004, 01:10 PM
If she is a tortured goddess of some sort, maybe you should make her look more like a goddess instead of a slave girl.

An interesting concept you have there, but if that 'monster' is a man, combined with this goddess, the sketch doesn't look like it. Adding the man's wrathful, anguish-filled face probably will do the trick?

JasonChan
03-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Haven: At first, I actually had an idea similar to that. I thought it seemed kind of generic though, so I kept asking "why would it need to do that?" Somehow I ended up here...

Jeromoo: you bring up a lot of good points. I was asking my roommate for advice on the whole goddess thing after I posted my first sketches. I want her to look like a goddess, yet also look tortured and defeated. Pretty much a slave goddess, I guess. Any ideas on how to do this? Including the man's face is a good idea too. I'm picturing it maybe below his brain. I'll have to make some sketches of this and see how it looks.

03-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Impressive story... I did take a moment after reading it to absorbe your deep philosophy and to shater the sadness. Good luck with your work and I wait to see some more detailed sketches.

marcnail
03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
sounds promising.
I definetly like the girls despaired expression
very lifelike. It has an anime feel to it.

m.

RLyons
03-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Great concept, the girls expression is fantastic, you really want to help her out. Great skill with the pencil, will be waiting for the next installment.

JasonChan
03-29-2004, 01:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080524678_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080524678_large.jpg)

Exploring the idea of giving the monster a face.

What do you guys think of this idea? Should I give him a face or leave him with just his brain?

Spirit2029
03-29-2004, 02:03 AM
the face in bottom left...its awesome! Go with that one..I love this concept. Are you only doing it as a 2d drawing..cause I'd love to see it realised in 3d..just simply awesome.

Spirit2029

JasonChan
03-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Thanks. That one's my favorite too. And yes, I'm only doing this as 2D. It'd be cool to see in 3D, but I don't have any 3D programs... :shrug:

Tommy Lee
03-29-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Spirit2029
the face in bottom left...its awesome! Go with that one..I love this concept.

I have to second that. Awsome...:thumbsup:
And by the way: Mmmmmmmmmmh....brain:drool:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

harnelbe
03-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Very impressive characters !
i stay tuned with your concept.

:thumbsup:

rbriskie
03-29-2004, 08:34 AM
You've really thought this through havent you?

r3studios
03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
awesome concept. i love the story behind that. great work!!:applause:

flyingP
03-29-2004, 09:04 AM
bottom left would be my pick of the faces too, personally I feel if you are going for a face on this thing it would be nice to see an inhuman quality incorporated into it, the idea I got from the story is that he discarded his morality with his mortality.
Just a thought.

cheers.

rept0r
03-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Man thats great concepts they really inspiring man keep that great work

jacqjacq
03-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Giving the monster a face is a good idea so that the audience would have a clue that there were originally 2 separate beings merged into one and that it would be evident that the creepy ass monster attached himself to the unwillingly beautiful goddess. And it definitely gives him the identity of being a jerky monster. Hooray for the face of a monster!

ymbsnakeeye
03-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Dude, no lie, and I would be glad if this could happen. This story would make a tight ass animated movie. Its just filled with so much drama, but not the drama you save for your momma. good luck, i cant wait to see the end of this.

Rkhon
03-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Incredible idea! And even better concept execution. The theme reminds me of the style of Luis Royo, sensual and tragic beauties with dark, lusting beasts of men and creatures.

I like.

Haven
03-31-2004, 01:09 AM
I like the guy having a face a lot too. I like the broken heart emblem you put in there. Nice. I can just tell this is going to be a wicked piece. I'm anxious to see more, but take your time. :applause:

JasonChan
03-31-2004, 04:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080706737_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1080706737_large.jpg)

Here's some studies for the goddess. I wanted to find a less human look for her. Personally, I like the bottom right one. Let me know what you guys think.

cuppacam
03-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Bottom right one!! Loving this. You have a great style!!!

Tommy Lee
03-31-2004, 05:10 AM
Yepp... bottom right is the one if u ask me!!!!:thumbsup:
Very cool expression, like a strange acceptance to her torture!!! Very good!!!

Cheerz:beer:

biBIGorno
03-31-2004, 05:55 AM
Your story is very interesting; That could be a great comic book or even a movie. It sounds like a scifi tragedy.
According to me, your picture will be very impressive if you manage to make that background story understandable.

:wip:

r3studios
03-31-2004, 08:17 AM
i love all of the 3 versions but as you said, for a less-human look the bottom right one would be my fav, too. :)

flyingP
03-31-2004, 08:31 AM
bottom right, she's got nice ears. :thumbsup:

creativer
03-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Wicked concept dude keep it up!

bonestudio
03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Great story, and yet some cool designs.

I personnally prefer the big guys concept, they look more original than the girl. I think you could go farther in the disturbed machineflesh concept and add more machine to your characters.

Locusta
03-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Great concept!! Amazing sketches!! I love your work.

SigFire
03-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Really Cool Concept.
The WIP is looking really cool.
The Story is brilliant. All in all a brilliant idea and drawing. Im really looking fwd to seeing more of it.

Do you have any other work like this? ie a portfolio site or something? Just fancied checking out some of your other work.

Good Luck

duddlebug
03-31-2004, 05:17 PM
There's some intriguing stuff here (and pretty brutal!!)...and some lovely pencil work.

gonna keep an eye on it....

good luck!!

tolin
03-31-2004, 07:44 PM
man i have no chance in this contest. I didn't even have to read the story to get the gist of what is happening. Im not worthy. Cant wait to see the final design and color!

SideAche
03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Looking really good, I agree with some of the others. the bootom right figure rocks. i think you hit a cord with several of us on that one.

JasonChan
04-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks for all the support, guys! Right now I'm working on putting together a nicer pencil drawing with the head and goddess you guys liked. I'll upload that as soon as I get it finished.

Thanks again for all of the support!

:beer:

AirbORn
04-01-2004, 07:57 AM
I agree, Bottom right works best. It looks more elf then human because of the pointy jaw line and it's different then anything else I'v seen so far.

Great work!

Haven
04-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Quite awesome. I like the bottom right, with you on that. Your pencil's are beautiful. I love the teardrop like tattoos on the left image of her face going down her cheeks. I think that gives a lot of symbolism.

teknotek83
04-02-2004, 10:08 AM
getting better and better :D

dinodog-jr
04-06-2004, 07:33 AM
nice pencil drawing!..

If u put a whole human face on it...it dun looks unique oredi wor.
The first concept wif a brain is Nice.. If u try to make it a more flesh-feel. Maybe jst draw a mouth or a pair of angst eyes??...I bet u can make ur character more outstanding than wat i had saw before.

for the Godness, i am wif u! But i feel she is one of the Elf family.
But her eyes tell me she is NOT!..haha..crap again~

:p

eupee
04-06-2004, 07:57 AM
far out, insane stuff!

love it man... ive been using the same idea of chaining up my character with shackles and alike (i think thats what u call them).

I like the godess on the left, because she looks more "godessy beautiful" and untouchable to us average fella's.

im looking foward to the next installment.

peace.

JasonChan
04-08-2004, 03:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1081390868_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1081390868_large.jpg)

Here's a more fleshed out full body rendering with the different elements that people suggested. I'll probably still make some more changes to the design, but this is basically what I have in mind as of now. Let me know what you guys think.

BloodTaster
04-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Wow! Very nice Sketch!!
Keep up that excellent work!

Russo
04-08-2004, 04:48 AM
the pencil work looks very very good!

Spirit2029
04-08-2004, 05:59 AM
okay im sold! This simply rocks man..awesome awesome.

Spirit2029

flyingP
04-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Really like it, you've got some very nice details in there, cool stuff :thumbsup:

rept0r
04-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Man i really like it, awesome work i want see it finished. :)

harnelbe
04-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Not be astonished if 3D artist ask for collab with your concept after the contest :)

Haven
04-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I think your idea has really come to life with your current drawing. They both look tortured in union. I think it tells your story well. I don't fully buy the smaller set of arms holding the goddess. They are two small with the size of his head even if he were a normal sized man. I like the hand shackles though a lot and how you had them on the ends of heavy chains in one of your other sketches. Awesome work you have there, its going to be a beautiful piece of a horrific subject.

bonestudio
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
OHHH YEAH !!!Th'ats a hell of a concept I love it !!! very dark and insane, but i like that ;)

Ferguson
04-09-2004, 05:31 AM
I just have nothing constructive to say here because the concept and execution to me is brilliant. :applause: :applause: :applause:

JasonChan
04-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. I'm glad you guys are liking this.

Haven: Yeah, I liked the hand shackles too. I just tried playing up that idea and made the whole arms, but I guess that was a bit much. Maybe on my next draft I'll figure out some kind of chain/shackle design.

tr1x0r
04-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Excelent concept sketch. I love the detail, your very good with a pencil. Not much to criticize here. Only thing I might suggest is to show some more detailed interaction between the goddess and the man, as in how they are linked. Outstanding work, keep it up!

JasonChan
05-02-2004, 03:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1083465938_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1083465938_large.jpg)

Here's the composition I am going to be using for the final image. Let me know if you think I should tweak anything before coloring.

RLyons
05-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Kick arse, great movment and feeling, that image rocks, .:buttrock:

eupee
05-02-2004, 07:12 AM
thats so mad ! i cant find any flaws. go for gold

Rameez
05-02-2004, 07:42 AM
A Goddess(who suppose to be empowered), getting tortured was looking vague for me.
But still it is an interesting unique attempt.
Nice sketching.
Ur final sketch had a good perspective. Carry On :thumbsup:

Woole
05-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Go on. Your work is awesome :applause:

artjunkie
05-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Great design, great style, great pose... man, that's GREAT!:buttrock:

BloodTaster
05-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Woow! this one, is really great! The composition and the movement of the picture is fantastic. Awesome work!

Falcorr
05-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Superb work there! Youre really are a pro:thumbsup:

Now some comments. Im bit dissapointed to see those weird hands dissappear from his head. which were supposed to keep the princess still.

One thing what bugs me with this new one is. Is he killing a child? Because that other arm looks smaller in comparison. I thought the princess was supposed to be very small, but seems like she is pretty big also.

:bowdown:

show us colors! :drool:

flyingP
05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
THAT is damn fine :buttrock:

drawMonger
05-03-2004, 08:42 AM
this image is sooo sweet!!! One thing...a bit like Falcor_ i don't understand why she doesn't just smack him in the face until he falls down silly :p even so IMHO it still works big time :thumbsup:

SigFire
05-03-2004, 11:34 AM
WOW :drool:

This has really come along nicely.
Your pencil work is absolutly brilliant.

I cant wait to see the colour work.

bonestudio
05-03-2004, 11:35 AM
SCOOOOORE !!! Oh yes You had a great concept and now you have an amazing final composition !!!! One of the best piece here

MAn you ROCK !

r3studios
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
i love that composition. the out of action scene is very nice. cant wait to see it coloured. my fav entry here! :)

wildekyote
05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Strong composition choice. Look forward to seeing future renditions.:bounce: :applause:

trantsiss
05-03-2004, 07:28 PM
The last sketch is simply excellent !:eek:
i'm in love with the concept. The scene is really dynamic, I would like to see it in color :drool:

JasonChan
05-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone!

Falcor: I took the arms out and tried chains this time. Last time I had the arms in someone said they found it odd. I'm not sure which I like best myself. My girlfriend suggested something totally different all together - something that would be more mechanical. As for the sizes of the characters, that was a choice on my part as I was drawing. I'm not really sure I said that the goddess was small... At first, I had the goddess a bit smaller and the figure on the bottom (which is an adult :thumbsup: ) a bit bigger. The problem was that they were too similar in size and it made the image a little boring. Also, I didn't want the figure on the bottom bigger than the goddess since the goddess is clearly more important and the bottom figure was just a prop, really. I'll be sure to make it clear that the bottom figure is an adult when I color it.

Does anyone else thing I should bring the mini arms back in? I can go either way, really. Or what about, mini robot arms??

Coloring will probably commence in a week or two when my finals are over. :D

Dan_Segarra
05-04-2004, 02:25 AM
I think your composition is very strong! Although I think eyes are VERY important in conveying the emotion of the scene. Your tortured soul seems to be looking straight down as where the crushed man ( where it feels his attention should be directed ) is closer to us. If his head were slightly tilted up, we'd be able to feel what he's feeling 'cause we'd see more of his eyes... u know what I mean? Awesome work! Good luck.

r3studios
05-04-2004, 08:21 AM
i like both ideas, chains and robot arms. maybe let the arms look more violent and let them bring more pain to the goddess. let us feel her pain, because she is plugged to the machine forever.
the chains look more traditional, i think.
you might try some robot arm which are not looking like human arms. more machiny! :D ;)

XIA
05-05-2004, 03:29 AM
The last sketch in the best of yours so far, everything is almost perfect, composition, motion, and with the right lighting/good execution in painting, you will be unstopable. And your sketch is one of the best int the forum. Good luck! Update more please! :drool:

JasonChan
05-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Dan_Segarra : Good point about the eyes. I'll deffinitely play around with that and see if I can give us a better look at the crushed guys face.

r3studios : I think I'll try making some non-humanoid machanical arms when I start coloring and see how it works out. Making them look painfull is a good idea, I hadn't thought about that.

XIA: I'm glad you like it so far :) I wish I could update more, but I've just been so busy with school and trying to make rent :cry: Once I start the coloring process I'll be sure to keep posting my progress.

JasonChan
05-16-2004, 02:13 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1084669988_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1084669988_large.jpg)

I'm re-uploading my coloring progress since it was wiped out when CGTalk got hacked.

madone01
05-16-2004, 02:36 AM
i read your story i almost cried the art work is awsome

Kilduff
05-16-2004, 06:50 AM
great work, :beer:

r3studios
05-17-2004, 08:51 AM
wheres the rest of this thread? there were newer images.

seen this problem in other threads, too. :shrug: :shrug:

EDIT. found the cause of the problem.

would you repost your images? would be neat.

trinitycross
05-17-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm a sucker for myths, and this was excellent. Great concept, and I hope you continue it beyond MachineFlesh. :) :beer:

05-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Starting to look great my man! Your background story is quite impresive. I don't know how you got so inspired but, oh yeah, you got it right!

JasonChan
05-20-2004, 12:38 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085009909_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085009909_large.jpg)

I added some detail into the head.

madone01
05-20-2004, 05:56 AM
where the hell un artist learn to colour like that man tis jaw droppin how the hell am i compete agains u guys :buttrock: :cry: :bowdown: :thumbsup: by the way if u got any talent left over i'm begging some ok teach me please

Craymels
05-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Bea uutiful nice concept thinking too .

eupee
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
youve nailed the head man, crazy stuff...

Craymels
05-20-2004, 03:53 PM
nice the feel and all that

artjunkie
05-20-2004, 04:22 PM
DUDE! That's some awesome stuff, right there! Love the brain! Hmmm... brain...

Can't wait to see more painting updates. Keep up the great work!

you can check out my machineflesh thread here:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=140198

JasonChan
05-23-2004, 05:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085288158_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085288158_large.jpg)

I've begun coloring the goddess' face.

BloodTaster
05-23-2004, 06:09 AM
REALLY NICE WORK!!
keep'em coming!!:thumbsup:

sketchfiend
05-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Unfreaking believable, thats awsome dude, i havent really gotten an opportunity to check out everyones stuff but when i come accross a gem like yours i got to say something.

Excellent colour work and composition, i love your style, and the detail just in the head :buttrock: :drool: Definately one of my faves. just as someone else mentioned, "how am i going to compete with that!...":bowdown:

I look forward to your finished piece.:thumbsup:

Syeko
05-23-2004, 08:32 AM
HOLY SHAT

you have some serious talent there,

great work!

Riddick
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey it is going to be really, really really cool!

Rkhon
05-24-2004, 03:29 AM
Goddamned incredible!!! :buttrock:

Really can't wait to see more!

AirbORn
05-24-2004, 07:19 AM
WOW! MY Friend, you have such a great piece here. My mouth is just watering as I wait for more!

Keep up the awsome work.

Thool
05-24-2004, 12:25 PM
what an impressive piece of work altogether. Both the story and the pictures are awesome . :bowdown:

r3studios
05-24-2004, 03:09 PM
yay^!! :beer:

no need to say more :D

JasonChan
05-26-2004, 04:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085543743_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1085543743_large.jpg)

Working on fleshing out the goddess.

Speaky
05-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Just dropped by to say that your entry is progressing very nicely indeed, I like it a lot. I particularly like the expressions on their faces which are, to me at least(!), quite complex and mixed. He seems to be clenching his teeth in rage, but his forehead is creased in anguish, and the goddess seems to be shouting at him to try and get through to him. I mean, she might have been there a long time so she's not kidding herself about trying to get away from him, so the relationship between them looks more complicated the more I consider it. So there.

Anyway, great work, the details are very accomplished. Can I ask what resolution you're working in / size tablet you're using? Just interested. Good luck with the rest of it, I'll be keeping track.

:applause:

sketchfiend
05-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Chan the man, love your stuff, keep the updates coming. awesome work.:thumbsup: :bowdown:

bonestudio
05-26-2004, 01:32 PM
That's totally awesome !!!

This is coming so nicely I can't wait the next steps

OrcOYoyo
05-26-2004, 01:36 PM
looking great so far. can't wait for the final picture. it's realy looking very promising.

feeesh
05-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Nice!!! I really like the composition of your final idea for the piece, it flows really well and the poses and expressions of the characters are very loose and fluid.

I wish I had something more to critique for helping you create a better piece but honestly I think its all good. Im really liking your color choices so far and our shadow placement. And the details are looking just fine in the faces.

-JH

JasonChan
05-31-2004, 07:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086028685_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086028685_large.jpg)

Developing the background a little more. I'm having trouble making the fire work without becoming the focal point of the piece. Any thoughts on this?

Falcorr
05-31-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey!

My suggestion for keeping them flames at the background is to make them look like dark oil burns.. lots of black smoke and stuff... Then desaturate it for the effect.. Maybe some DOF also?

Then again what do i really know.. im a newbie! :cry:

TeemuR
05-31-2004, 09:59 PM
First of all: Damn, I admire your pencil skills! Have to spend more time with that medium myself :D

Second thing: Very good concept and strong composition. I don't think you have to worry about flames coming focal point even how much you create contrast there. (well, there's some limits of course..) Your overall composition keeps automatically right place most focal me thinks and there is enough contrast already. Too bad my english are pretty lousy that I don't even try to read your background story behind this. :(

Russo
06-01-2004, 03:02 AM
it´s coming along very good. I´m enjoying watching this progress! keep it up! :)

cheers

cabertevon
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
One thing to share...Put some rustic or scratches effect on metals that wraps the character's body ... aside from that everything rocks.

Also...you have a great darwing skill.

Visit my 2D Machineflesh Thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131262&perpage=15&pagenumber=5)

Corlinator
06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
first off i would like to say i am really enjoying you work it is comming to gether!
about your question on the fire in you image, what i could suggest, is try bouncing a strong highlight off the mechanical creatures leg and knee, but the highlight should be towards the edge of his leg, this should cut him out a little that way he will stand out more, just an idea, hope it can help.

Riddick
06-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Yeah!
Thank you for the update!!!!!!!!:)

brunowerneck
06-02-2004, 03:39 AM
I was so amazed when I saw you piece it made me write you a private e-mail about it. I might as well make it public, it went kinda like this:

"Wow. Very nice compostition, color, action pose, facial expression..."
something like that..

I don't think the fire will 'steal' your focus, Even if you use a bright orange, yellow or white in some spots, it would create a nice light to dark contrast around his leg, close to where the chick is.

to my knowledge, the human eye tend to focus on detail, contrast and ch. eye expression. Right now you got all three working for you...

Good luck!
Bruno (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136875&perpage=20&pagenumber=3)

JasonChan
06-02-2004, 05:06 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086149197_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086149197_large.jpg)

I developed various things further. Also toned down the fire a little bit.

harnelbe
06-02-2004, 06:48 AM
superb Work !
I like a lot the render of brain colors, and the skin of the girl.
Very nice piece you are doing !
i hope you will put some sparckles at the impact zone of the hand of the cyborg, some asphalt which fly away.

0-2
06-02-2004, 07:52 AM
I realy like your scetches and what you've done so far is impressive. Maybe some orange from the fire, reflecting onto the characters could work, what do you think?:bounce:

cuppacam
06-02-2004, 12:55 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Awsome picture, awsome story too good.

What I really love is the dynamics of the picture. The way the goddess is horrified and saddened at the same time. The look of bitterness and anger on his face.

Man it is brilliant.

JasonChan
06-03-2004, 03:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086231152_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086231152_large.jpg)

Worked on the smoke some more.

sketchfiend
06-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Man, it just keeps looking better and better, cant wait till youre done. I see youve basically finished with the girl, and i noticed the great details of the rig thats holding her body, Would love to see a quick close up of that. As it is, it seems you can do no wrong, just keep going youre doing an awesome job, definately another one of my favourites.:beer: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :D

The smoke is looking really good, are you going to detail the plooms any further or keep em nice and simple as theyre off far into the background?

r3studios
06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
great coloring!

how do you plan her legs? cause atm she looks like a mermaid. i think it would look great without legs. like just her upper chest is implanted on the body of the monster. so she must share his blood and anger.
just an idea though :D

keep it up! :bounce:

hephez
06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
wooow! :eek: I have just discovered this drawing...
that made a shock! :drool:
In french : ça met une claque! ;)

Luter
06-04-2004, 01:40 AM
...........................................:) ..........................................................
What a good work !
I stay tuned on your thread man....

...........................................:wavey: ................................................

neble
06-04-2004, 06:12 AM
I really like the painting style, layout and aggresiveness of the image. Thumbs up and nicely pulled off.

JasonChan
06-04-2004, 06:24 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086326663_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086326663_large.jpg)

More details.

flyingP
06-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Cool detail, man you're doing a fantastic job here, the work on those faces is superb........ and I still like her ears :D

:buttrock:

KolbyJukes
06-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Awesome work man, just breathtaking. I would love to make a 3d model like this.

-Kol.

madone01
06-04-2004, 01:08 PM
if igive u mine can u colour it for me :-) the new uploads are awsome

NinjaA55N
06-05-2004, 09:08 AM
a little bit late, but im signing on ur thread :D
its a fabulous work, but i must say that the idea where that little guy holding the girl by his heands was better. Nevertheless, its one of my favorites!

shawnalanpeters
06-06-2004, 07:46 PM
I can't wait to see this finished...I t is the best image on this challenge... great work..

Newke
06-06-2004, 08:51 PM
:surprised ! I haven't seen this one yet.
Stunning job :buttrock:

Goro
06-06-2004, 10:17 PM
really nice! This is my favorite until now. Good luck!

0-2
06-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Amazing!:eek:

cabertevon
06-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Very inspirational...We have a winner here!!!

Visit my 2D Machineflesh Thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131262&perpage=15&pagenumber=6)

Luter
06-07-2004, 02:48 AM
It's better and better and better.....:D .............I like the texture of the metal, very "war"....The girl is perfect, her flesh,her small body by opposition to the armor and the guy's face...great ! The drawing too is very nice...:) ...........the light, the shadows.................:applause: .
The brain .........brrrrrrrrr.......

Well...I think you've got a winner piece !!

............................................:beer: ..................................................

stormeffex
06-07-2004, 03:48 AM
hey jason, it's starting to look really good. i know that the female is done...(this might seem like nit-picking) but the right breast looks a like it's not connected to the pecs. maybe it's just me though. it's minor. i like your direction...good job. btw, i love your website too.

JasonChan
06-07-2004, 05:36 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086583003_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086583003_large.jpg)

More details. Also started the guy on the bottom.

sketchfiend
06-07-2004, 05:40 AM
AWESOME bud, simply magic...congrats on the excellent work... I really, really hope you get it done. Cant wait to see it in the end. Cant stress how cool its looking, youre a definate contender. Well done. Keep the updates coming.:thumbsup: :beer: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

MrFreeman
06-07-2004, 07:35 AM
:) amazing work...really dynamic and lots of atmosphere....love the expressions and characters

One of the best by a long way....it's this sort of work that inspires me to keep on working....good luck in the competition - sorry the mouse is playing up on my G5 at work - otherwise I would have put lots of smilies here.....

rattlesnake
06-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Man i love your work... your image is looking amazing! the concept is just great... this is one of the best in the challenge... ill be watching this great art work! woaaaa!!!!! master!:bowdown:

newone
06-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Simple I love this work!

Russo
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
:buttrock: give us more, man

cheers

SuperOstrich
06-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Wow, this is fantastic. I really love the design sketches you did.

element5
06-10-2004, 12:07 PM
This has to be one of my favorite pieces, you have captured the expressions and the textures. If you stopped now it still would be a masterpiece. :bowdown:

JasonChan
06-10-2004, 06:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086887897_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1086887897_large.jpg)

I added some mechanical arms to hold the goddess' wrists in place. Also fleshed out a leg and the drapery amongst other things.

illustr8r
06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
This is abnoxiously good. I thought that your concepts were very good, but now that you are delving deep into the painting you are far surpasing my expections. This is amazing. If my paint job turns out half as good as your yours I will be very happy.
:drool: :applause: :bowdown: :cry:

JasonChan
06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for all of the support so far guys. Sorry if I haven't been replying to many of your comments - I've been pretty busy here trying to get a new appartment AND trying to get this thing done in time for the deadline! And now it's the home stretch! :surprised For a multimonth timeframe, this sure seemed to jump up pretty fast :)

Sas.hun
06-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Very very nice work!!! :thumbsup:

I love it. Congrat! :beer:

ardenrey
06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Incredible! I am very impressed :buttrock:

marcnail
06-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Great stuff.
I love the way she tries to fight the golem, she is chained to.
This could be right out of an elaborate animation.

edit:
hmmm...don't know if it has been said before,
but the way she is positioned /implanted, she looks
very "phallic". Or is that just my imagination ?

newone
06-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Wow! Motion is on your image! I like the concept, the mood. Impressive. Very cool!

JasonChan
06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087165439_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087165439_large.jpg)

I'm now working on fleshing out the arms. I still have a lot of work to do with the the background, the figure on the bottom, and various other things.

Squibbit
06-13-2004, 11:42 PM
umm... i think you dont have much to
do with the background . If you want something
very special to be seen there , then you might have.
Otherwise just concentrate on the foreground

JasonChan
06-14-2004, 07:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087193668_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087193668_large.jpg)

I moved the bottom hand along with the figure a little. I thought that the hand and the arm weren't really lined up. Also added further details on the arm areas.

Russo
06-14-2004, 09:03 AM
very nice.. I like the red tone on the hand !will be some cuts on the hands?

cheers

eupee
06-14-2004, 10:06 AM
this is going so well, it looks awsome, he look s so powerful and enraged, its mad!

Squibbit
06-14-2004, 10:35 AM
knucklebones on the hand .. too small and pointy ?

shawnalanpeters
06-14-2004, 02:35 PM
looks like the winner to me... great work.. this piece definetly feels contemporary and suited for the forum.. I love you eye for color..

:bowdown:

Drumwhore
06-14-2004, 02:50 PM
very impressive! I love it :)
nothing to crit, you're doing an awesome job!

Luter
06-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Great job man!
Keep going.....always love your metal-war texture, and volumes..and etc

I wish you the best !

cheers
jeffrey-goli:)

shawnalanpeters
06-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Jason, I have been thinking about a crituque of you entry... I found several things..a great palette, a good composition..that moves your eye.. a good design and a good draftsman. But the area that I thought fell short..or could use some experimentation..is the use of color and light on the girl.. I personally would test pushing her bak a value or two.. she jumps off the page...which isn't terrible..because there is focus..

I don't see her as one with the creature she is attached to. If I didn't see the drawings ..I would have a hard time understanding what is going on. It may be just a matter of adding some light detail between her and the creature...or as I mentioned before..
bring her down in value...or a combination of both..

it's great piece.. but that is something I noticed as satnding out..

also, if you wouldn't mind jumping over to my entry and giving me some feed back ..I would appereciate it. You have a good eye.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/view_entries.php?challenger=2695

thanks

londero
06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
I not have critics, just appreciate your feeling.

But I agree with shawnlanpeters. Your eye is good. strongly good!

keep guy with your art. FORCE to you.

Londero.

TEMPLAR spirit wait for you. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141195)

JasonChan
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it.

Russo: I'm thinking of puting some cuts, dirt, and maybe some dried blook on his hands as well as else where on his body. Right now I feel his hands look way too smooth and clean.

Squibbit: You know, I think you're right. I'll fix his knuckles when I go back at the piece. Thanks.

Shawn: I see what you mean about her popping out of the image. I had originally pushed her warm colors when I was painting her to give her a sense of warmth and life, and had pushed dull and cool colors for the rest of the image. I guess I created too much contrast, huh? :hmm: I'll probably try your idea with toning her down and probably play with her colors a bit too. But first I have to make sure I get the whole image painted, and then i'll start fine tuning. Do you think it would look weird if she had the same skin tone as the creature???

vincentvv
06-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Awesome...nothing more to say...
Every inch of this piece are eyecandy

BloodTaster
06-15-2004, 04:42 AM
Impressive job! Looks great!!
I always be your fan, some years ago, when i find your website..
great piece!!

I agree with shawn in his comment. but you already know this kind of stuff.. take a little time for the artist can see every detail of his picture...

Nothing too say..just cant wait to the final picture!!:thumbsup: :drool:

JasonChan
06-15-2004, 06:22 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087276944_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087276944_large.jpg)

Ok, I did a lot in this update. I finally got around to doing the goddess' hair, I also put more detail into the figure on the bottom, I widened the knuckles on the bottom hand, I made everything a little grittier, I polished the distant background up a little, and of course I added some foreground detail. Phew! Now that everthing is pretty much painted in, I'll be focussing on tightening everything up and making all of those finishing tweaks.

If you guys have any critiques, I'd really appreciate it. The end is in sight :)

JasonChan
06-15-2004, 06:23 AM
I just had a thought. Do you guys think it would benefit the image if I put in other humans? Maybe one flying through the air having been elbowed/tossed by the giant's upraised arm? Perhaps some barried people and some scurrying away? Let me know what you guys think.

marcnail
06-15-2004, 09:31 AM
interesting thought.

this is some sort of war scenery, so I guess, it would
be a good idea to add some soldiers in the back and
front.

maybe one of the soldiers could be standing to the
right and pointing a gun to the "Golem".

It may make the image too crowded, but give it a try.

greetz,

marc.

eupee
06-15-2004, 09:59 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: mate...

i love this piece so much...

ufotung
06-15-2004, 12:25 PM
cool , great power with some meanings !

AirbORn
06-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Great work!!!

Everything looks good to me, can't see anythign wrong with it.

ioio
06-15-2004, 02:27 PM
very nice work, a painting like, very good composition and colors if i could say any crits... maybe you can do sometning with women's ear and mouth, there is something that maybe should be corrected, more subtle made. Anyway congratulations, good stuff!:thumbsup:

abacist
06-15-2004, 02:44 PM
This thread is a pleasure to look at. No crits at this point. Wonderful work!

techart
06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
nice drawin' dude ...awesome....you rock

feeesh
06-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Some additional people would be really cool. Only if you have the time though. If you put them in and they aren't as clean and tightly detailed as the rest of the piece it'll stick out lke a sore thumb. WOuld be cool though, like someone being flung away by his left (our right) arm as he swings it back. And others on the ground as you mentioned. Definitely a good idea. But yeah only if you have the time to do it right because the competition is more about the main characer you created rather than the environments he is placed in. I gotta say man, you got some great skills. I especially love how you are able to add such bold reds into the flesh around the knuckles and such but still make it look natural and appropriate. Definitely a weakness of mine when painting skin.

-feeesh

artjunkie
06-15-2004, 07:45 PM
BRILLIANT colours,
AWESOME lighting,
DYNAMIC pose...

... what else can I say? A professional piece of art right there, yup. Looking forward to seeing the final (you must be close to finishing it now, yes?)

Good luck bro... I know you'll do well in the contest finals! :applause:

Tremoside
06-16-2004, 10:55 PM
hmm...it's an awesome work!! Excellent weights and dynamism!!!
go go go for the final!!!

paulwdavidson
06-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Brilliant.......i love the use of colour and technique........very solid.

Good luck

Paul

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133522&perpage=15&pagenumber=9

Godlewski
06-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Well you did it Thats Machine/Flesh if I ever did see one. Well done. Nothing to add looks like you did everything that needed to be done. Thanks for sharing I learned a lot by watching your steps. :bowdown:

duddlebug
06-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Fantastic!!

I've not posted on this threaD since really early on... this piece of work is looking absolutely fab.

There's a really nice quality to your brush work... and the deatils are beautifully painted. All that with a great dynamic pose!!

Good luck getting it all done... and with the judging...

TeemuR
06-17-2004, 03:16 AM
This is coming so nicely! Your smooth style gives some special contrast for the subject matter.. :D And yep, some extra people wouldn't hurt the picture. :thumbsup:

MikeBruinsma
06-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Great painting style! Nice dynamic composition. Cool character design!:thumbsup:

My Machineflesh Entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=149101)

MrFreeman
06-17-2004, 07:43 AM
:applause: :applause: Amazing painting...great characters and lots of feeling in the facial expressions and postures. The weight of the hand crushing / grabbing the person in the foreground works so well.

I wouldn't add too much more as you could risk making the image too busy. At the moment the composition works because of the space.

I can't really add anything more at this late stage other than good luck in the voting and I expect to see you up there at the top.....really inspirational piece and lovely painterly style....congratulations on a fine job!!!:drool: :thumbsup: :beer:

r3studios
06-17-2004, 09:59 AM
awesome work, i love the feeling of the image.
i like the motion youve added with those flying ground parts, also a crushed human which got thrown away by the arm is a great idea. :applause:

SigFire
06-17-2004, 11:03 PM
I have to say I really love this piece. I dig everything about it from the idea the execution and the image as it stands.

Brilliant.

JasonChan
06-18-2004, 12:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087514251_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087514251_large.jpg)

Ok, here's the final coloring.

JasonChan
06-18-2004, 12:19 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087514371_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1924/1924_1087514371_large.jpg)

The final image.

Antropus
06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Impressive work here!!!! Congrats, man. Good luck with your entry :beer:

Kris

Guro
06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
awesome!
One of the best work in Machineflesh Challenge 2D

Locusta
06-18-2004, 03:07 AM
Awsome!! For me you are the winner of the 2D entry!! I love it!!

Really great pose, color and lightning of the whole image.

Thumbs up!!

EmpY
06-18-2004, 04:44 AM
:surprised
AMAZING.....:applause:

shivacola
06-18-2004, 08:18 AM
ehm ..not original , but impressive result.. coloring, composition,dinamics :thumbsup:

element5
06-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Wow!!

you made it...

Wow!!

fantastic job great colouring...

Wow!!

Love it, good luck with your masterpiece...

and did i mention Wow!!

LordSpewbarfer
06-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Just through id say with my first post, a word of praise. Impressive picture, this has to be my most favorite 2D submission to this contest... sadly i didn't get the opportunity to enter it due to my own reasons, but i sure as hell hope you win, you deserve it.

rattlesnake
06-19-2004, 02:51 AM
For me this is the winner one! i wish i can paint like that... your concept is just great and the way u bring it to life is truly impressive!.... im fan man!.... wish you the best on the voting!

shawnalanpeters
06-19-2004, 09:37 AM
nice piece.. and a solid entry..

but I wanted to bring up something and see if you agree.. it's a picky comment..but that is a crit.. I was thinking that an inch or half an inch of breathing room added to the left of the image would help..there is a tangency happening with the border of the page and the object protruding from the characters back. It would also help center the whole figure and drop the weight of focus off the female figure that is currently centered. It would help see the characters as a whole object instead of 2. The females heavy light and contrast could use a little balance with the rest of the page.... awsome job J.

flyingP
06-20-2004, 11:04 AM
COOOOOL :buttrock: sure as hell gets my vote!!!!

Tremoside
06-20-2004, 02:16 PM
oohm...I must voting..am afraid of him..you know!

Ravendsg
06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow man! Thats really cool! The expressions and the motion being expressed is extremely well done! Excellent job dude! :Beer:

ufotung
06-21-2004, 10:48 AM
I see life from your image , love this !!!

xenomorphis
06-21-2004, 03:05 PM
very very very dramatic!!! it tells the story itself!!! perfect-ideea! perfect-story! xeno. :applause:

Friedric P
06-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Ooooops... I realize now that I didn't left any comment on your work!! What a shame for me, because during my whole work on the contest, I was using your illustration as a quality reference! :scream:

The dynamism, the mood, the light, the drawing and colors, all are perfect!!!

Just a small crit, maybe you didn't have enough time, but I find the final illustration a little bit too "smooth" . Maybe more textures on the skin or metal would have been nice :)

Anyway, beautiful job!! Best luck for the contest!!! :thumbsup:

GI-JOe2k
06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
very nice picture! ;)

illustr8r
06-22-2004, 07:27 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

good luck in judging. One of the best. I admire your digital painting skill. I like how your areas of "focus" have a very rendered style and your supporting elements have a toned down, looser facture. This adds to the dynamic gesture and expression you have achieved in this piece. Top-notch!

da_rock21
06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
wow man, freakin awsome. when this machineflesh thing first started up it inspired me to come up with an idea, but work got in the way and i was unable to spend a lot of time on it. but the idea was somthing like yours, a human bound to a machine inorder to power it but the the person didnt want to be bound and didnt want to be used for distruction. you have inspired me to pick up on that drawing i haveleft sitting on the living room table for a while now. thanks man:buttrock:

Apsylus
06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Gorgeous work. The composition and idea are brilliant, and it's executed beautifully too - excellent mood, lighting, and colors.

I can safely say that you have my vote :)

JasonChan
06-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Thank you for all of your support, everyone. It's been really fun working on this project.

I probably could have kept working on this image even further if I had the time, but I'm happy with the way it came out. Three months seemed like a long time, but wow, did that deadline come up fast :p

Again, I want to thank everyone for supporting me and encouraging me throughout this contest. Your comments and ideas were very helpful in my process. Thanks, guys.

Dutchman
06-26-2004, 03:37 PM
WOW! Brilliant entry! I really like the expressions allot! I think you can have my vote...! ;) :)

polymonkey
06-27-2004, 01:10 AM
omg! this is really great. i like the colors you used. very goodness. expression on faces is great. some of You 2-d guys blow me away with what you can do.:eek: :applause:

Squibbit
06-27-2004, 03:32 AM
also ,you'll do good in realizing you're basic work
just rules.Your working on the details is a bonus
we get to enjoy .
This pic's just cool. It's also disturbing and I give
you credit for that because to me you didn't go
over to ubersick and kept it just plain disturbing.

just barely

SigFire
07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Ive Loved this image and the concept from the very begining so I just had to vote for it.

Good Luck.

And congrats on a cool image

Slav
07-10-2004, 03:01 PM
very well done piece. good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.