PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Anders Ehrenborg

fellah
03-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Anders Ehrenborg has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

mv
03-17-2004, 05:00 PM
:applause:

fellah
03-17-2004, 05:01 PM
heya all,
couldn't resist joining in with you all, looks like it's gonna be a blast this time around!!

these are my very first concept(s)
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1079542895_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1079542895_large.jpg)
I had this idea to make a characters with water as powersource(fusion power?) built into the body.
therefore his body will be filled with water.. the water will also be visible under the muscles at a few places, pectorals and neck for example(not shown in the concepts above)
hopefully everything will be more clear in the model.. kinda hard to explain.. the above just serves as very simple guidelines, so alot will probably change along the way.

have fun everyone! :wip:

*edit*
Mathias you fastard! :)

mv
03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
great concept my old bastard! can't wait to see some modeling action!

Atwooki
03-17-2004, 05:34 PM
hey there, fellah......and damn you sir!
thought you were still happily tweaking your excellent mole :)
Now the race is on for sure, 'an the sweat's pouring.... :D

Best of luck

Atwooki

ilasolomon
03-17-2004, 07:30 PM
:beer: :thumbsup:
Dear viking, I was hoping you won't join, now I see you have started before they annonced, you FASTard!

swampbug
03-17-2004, 08:05 PM
cool. most people should love this contest.. . yeah, that post was goofy, but it was a test also. Nice sketches!

stipen
03-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Woaaw !!! things are getting serious with you in the challenge !!!
Can wait to see the water to flow in the body !!

fellah
03-18-2004, 10:46 AM
thank you all! hopefully I will have some modeling process to show soon.. :)

Atwooki,
this challenge was such an inspiration kick that the mole now waits quietly in the forest, watching tv :)
best of luck to you to, hope to see some sketches from you soon!

stipen,
jooooooiiin! then I'm sure we will see some serious action! :wip:

mikepolizos
03-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Cool !
Best of luck man!

Plugged on this one too!

:thumbsup:

MikaelPersson
03-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Nice to see you here Anders. I like your idea too.
Are you thinking of more evil devices to be incorporated or are your parts only going to boost him?

fellah
03-18-2004, 11:41 AM
mikepol,
thanks! :)

micke,
right now only to boost him. but if you have any idea, I would be happy to hear :)
I'm actually playing more with the idea above. sketching/thinking about making him a little more like a squid(face especially) kinda like a water creature brought up to land, because the oceans dried out.. so the water in his body is there for him to be able to breath.. or something :) thanks mate.

JamesMK
03-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Hmm... This seems promising. I honestly haven't checked your stuff out before - now that I have, I get this feeling that we're in for something really nifty in this li'l thread of yours.

Lycka till liksom!

mv
03-18-2004, 12:02 PM
now, James, you understand why we call him "bastard"

;)

AJ
03-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Or even 'bastard bastard bastard' :D

Subscribe to Thread

fellah
03-18-2004, 12:40 PM
hahah :D mathias.. now you put me in a hard situation.. I have to think of something bastardly cleaver to say to you later on... hm..

AJ,
your dead! ;)

thanks james, I really liked your last challenge entry. looking forward to see your concept sketches.

here's another very trashy draw, but I like the overall idea and think I will give this one a try.
imagine this last squid-face attached to a body similar to the one above(the neck is the water tubes in this sketch) and add more ocean elements to the character and thats my idea right now..
http://www.fellah.net/temp/MF/MachineFlesh.Concept.2.2.jpg
the idea is,
a squidlike creature who via mechanical things has adapted a life to land, after the oceans dried out..
he breathe the water in his body, so the big things going into the tube are his "breathing organs".

hopefully model wips will pop up any day..

mv
03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
that concept is shaping up great my friend:thumbsup:

JamesMK
03-18-2004, 12:50 PM
For m@ and AJ - you can use the Java code below to generate more extended insults:

String giveItToFellah(int i) {

String temp="";
int j = 0;
while (j < i) {
temp += "bastard ";
j++;
}
return temp;
}

My apologies for the lacking tabs.

Ian Jones
03-18-2004, 01:54 PM
oh no... not java. Sadly I know what that will do. Interesting how fast it will do it too.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-18-2004, 02:26 PM
:bounce: :bounce:Hi fellah

@JamesMK ..hahahaa...nice code!!!

KolbyJukes
03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
I really like the concept. I'm looking forward to updates.

-Kol.

shoey
03-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Just stamping my interest. Good luck!!

eMysfit
03-18-2004, 03:30 PM
So since his power source is water, is he like immortal? So long as he has water in his body. I could just picture him doing something and start to run out and half to run and hop into a body of water and come up like, ahhhh, that's refreshing!

Alice
03-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Ohhh... what a perfekt excause to actually give him a watertap.

(Även om det låter bättre på svenska att ge honom en kran ;) )

fellah
03-18-2004, 04:19 PM
oh nooo James! please take away that code before it's to late :cry: you have no idea what those guys can/will do with it later on!! ;)

Alice,
haha, cleaver! :D

m@,
thank you thank you =)

eMysfit,
heheh that's a funny thought :) got me thinking about that 'teenage mutant ninja turtle' character, the pink(?) brain.

DimitrisLiatsos,
hello old challenger!

KWAK,
thanks! good to see you joined in to! looking forward to see what you have in mind. hope you wont stop updating your BoB character though!

shoey,
I know you cant hold it much longer, join us all!!

shoey
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by fellah
I know you cant hold it much longer, join us all!!

Hehe, i know, i'm bursting to get a challenge done. We have a big job on at work coming up, but i'm hoping to be able to get some work done on this challenge in the 3 months.

I've got a free weekend this week so i'll try and get sketching:thumbsup:

Beechdbum
03-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by AJ_23
Or even 'bastard bastard bastard' :D

Subscribe to Thread

funny thats what i was comming here to say, looking forward to updates. always liked your stuff.

Phugative
03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Clever concept!

The water would get soiled after time, how does he recycle/replace it? Work that into he concept as well.

Bezerker75
03-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Good to see you in this challenge...."I think" ha...no really...I look forward to seeing some inspiring stuff from you! It's gonna be a fun challenge....tough cause so many great artists are joining, but none the less fun! cheers mate....me thinks you're no bastard...lol

Atwooki
03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
fellah!
All that water :scream: looks like we'll both be heading into serious ray-tracing country.... nice concept update BTW :)

Atwooki

Claymation
03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
wow that looks cool

nice concept to.

flinder
03-18-2004, 07:54 PM
love the most recent concept.

sonicstrawbery
03-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah the last concept looks weird and more interesting, i like the way you're going.

keep it up ;)

TheFirstAngel
03-18-2004, 09:45 PM
yep, cool concept man, keep em updates comin' :beer:

swag
03-18-2004, 10:36 PM
ahahah-fellah is back :) with you this will be a great one - nice concepts i like his arm + hand

H3rbie
03-18-2004, 10:51 PM
i realy like that concept, all the best!

KaB
03-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I also think this is a cool idea and nice sketches. Look forward to seeing more.

Virtuoso
03-19-2004, 02:18 AM
Well,well,well....................Here you are ready to go round and round again..................Any challenge is always the better when you have an entry within it.I look forward very much to seeing the excellent concept come full force into the 3D World......I'll as always be there in support and I hope to give you a thought or two as you go along,helping where I can if possible,not that you need it........:buttrock:

Well I can only say,have fun and do your magic Fellah,I will pull up a comfortable seat and watch you do your magic..................Hmm.......seeing you and all the other's here just pulls at my thoughts with great force..............Dreaming of "Machineflesh" visions................Could something Wicked be coming this way..........;)

Always looking for that next update from you,have fun,do your thing,and I personally cannot wait to see this creation come to life.....................:thumbsup: :beer:

fellah
03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
thank you all! I hope I can make something better soon to make up for all the kind replies. thanks, really!

shoey,
great! really looking forward to what you have in mind! :thumbsup:

phugative,
true, will think of a way to implement something like that. thanks for the tip.

bezerker75
>"and I think you're no bastard"
ahahah!! first time I heard that ;)

atwooki,
oh darn I actually didn't think about that :( it would be much more cleaver if they just sent me the 1st price now.. then that problem would be smaller.. :D j/k

virtpirt,
thank you mate! this challenge is just excellent for you, just look at your avatar!
I'm sure we will see alot of interesting and inspirational stuff from you here.. but dont do an "overkill" this time, you need a little sleep to feel good ;)

Virtuoso
03-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by fellah
virtpirt,
thank you mate! this challenge is just excellent for you, just look at your avatar!
I'm sure we will see alot of interesting and inspirational stuff from you here.. but dont do an "overkill" this time, you need a little sleep to feel good ;)

Sleep..................Naw........Just wicked CG creations............:p ........See you on the battlefield Fellah......bring an extra large Club too Viking,You might need it.:p

My eyes will be looking for your updates and progress always......:beer:

the_prodigy
03-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Swedes = Vikings? Good god these prejudices :)

TheFirstAngel
03-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Hahaha, its ragnarök, bring em valkyries too! Battlesongs, battlesongs! lol:scream:

SheepFactory
03-19-2004, 05:32 PM
:buttrock:

looking forward to your entry man

dlofgreen
03-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Looks good. Can't wait to see more.

Ech0
03-19-2004, 07:08 PM
dont stop now fellah we want to see more

Rhezz
03-19-2004, 08:08 PM
looks great :)
I like the idea of him 'breathing' water. :) Not many of those around.

pigwater
03-19-2004, 08:29 PM
always fun to watch your work... it will be no difference this time it seems

good luck with your water-works and cheers:beer:

imscifi
03-19-2004, 10:45 PM
very cool! So are you like the master modeler or what? With this many people posting the way they are... good greif! let's see some models!

liquidik
03-19-2004, 11:05 PM
OkOk, I'm going to compete with one of my favourite "masters"... may the force be with and...attention to the "dark side"!!!!

ehehehe...very nice, as always...
:beer:

fellah
03-22-2004, 02:17 PM
thank you all! you really put big pressure on me, which is good ofcourse :)

heres a little start on the modeling.
(click image for better one)
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1079965040_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1079965040_large.jpg)

still ALOT to do. dont wanna add to much small details though. I want his body to be kinda like a submarine. strong, with big shapes.

as you can see on the markings at the image above. I want to add his hands(tentacles) at the bottom of his body(attached to the watertank).
and make the arms serve as legs.

if you have any suggestions of things to add.. or how the arms/legs shall look.. or anything else. please add your comment after the smiley, thanks.

:)

Mathias
03-22-2004, 02:22 PM
well, I'd say you're off to a very good start!
I love that squiddy thing, very original! :thumbsup:

show me more! :bounce:

Mathias

mv
03-22-2004, 02:28 PM
awesome! It's not your usual style, but you're very good at it... you never cease to amaze me, bastard! :cool:

shoey
03-22-2004, 02:31 PM
damn fellah, you quick, bastard. I haven't even got a good concept yet and your kicking work out like that:cry:

awsome modelling:thumbsup:

RaeTracer
03-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Wow, that's really nice! I like the way it sort of looks like an old diving suit, with the bolts around the side of the head. This sounds like a great concept - I'm looking forward to how you handle the water.

Atwooki
03-22-2004, 02:37 PM
hey, fellah....that's looking damn amazing :applause:
and so quick, too....:cry:
starting to sweat :D

Atwooki

JamesMK
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Aw, what a bastard!

Yeah yeah... it looks awesome. So what's that to me? Hah, I fart in your general direction....

Bezerker75
03-22-2004, 02:55 PM
hey there fellah...slow down mate...ha! no awesome start!! I was wondering if you will add some sort of water misting system so that this squid being won't dry up....I mean if the oceans dried up it must be a very dry hot place...I used to work on some fishing docks and had to cut up old squid for bait, and there is nothing worse than the smell of fish out of water....just a thought...anyway great start!:beer:

MikaelPersson
03-22-2004, 03:16 PM
This is looking nice. But isn't he a bit small? Or are you planning on huge machines with a small squid ontop?
Maybe you could use the normal squid shapes in your machine parts. That lovely arrow on the top of their head that some squids has, and ofcourse all the "sugkoppar" (vad fan nu det heter på engelska).
Will definetly be interesting to see something mean/evil come from you..
Keep it up. :wip:

azazel
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
I'd make the facial part bit bigger, now it gets slightly lost.

you are a fast bastard indeed :D

nicky
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
waow great start modelling :buttrock:
i can't wait anymore , i want to see more :thumbsup:

Grugi
03-22-2004, 04:00 PM
this will be a nice entry :)

you´re really fast :beer:

mv
03-22-2004, 04:07 PM
btw.. I really like the disproportion between the bulky mechanical part and the little squid head..

aphexx
03-22-2004, 04:18 PM
hi fellah,
i think the idea and concept are nice, very unusual to mess with water ;).
and the first model looks very great! :thumbsup:

can you give us some background information about this creature?

where does ist live (under water?) and what is his task.
why is the squid in need of machine parts? what improvements will he get out of that?
is it evil?

cu
-------------------------------------
sascha

my machineflesh (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=132174)

tsunami4you
03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
superb idea! why oh why haven't i thought of that! nice modeling:bounce:

imscifi
03-22-2004, 04:26 PM
fella: reminds me a little of a mech cthulhu... that's cute!

fellah
03-22-2004, 05:21 PM
waw waw waw, thank you all!!

m@,
so true, this is 180-degrees from my usual style with small farty goofy creatures :)
but I'm sure it will serve well as a learning experience. and it's fun to do something else sometimes.

shoey,
hey hey, you dont have an idea yet, and the weekend is soon over!? better put on your thinkerhat or we will have to wait another week?? :(
;)

Atwooki
ahahaha! your concepts have already made me sweat! I fear it will be wet "down there" when you start modeling :eek:

JamesMK,
hehehe ;)

Berzerker,
I assume a "water misting system" is like some kinda "water refill system"? if it is, then he has 2 taps at the back for that(which he use to refill his water at the 'water station' with)
or is it something else? if it's something that's necessary for him to live and smell well, I wouldn't wanna miss adding it.

Mikael,
I was thinking of having him sorta like a "brain" on top. and then long tentacles attached to the bottom of the water tank. then have the arms serve as legs(kinda like "sebulba", from starwars)
the arrow idea is nice, but those are usually found on squids I think, no? this is more of an octopus. but still, if
there is a place where it will fit, then I will add it(squids and octopuses are so similar anyways.. I thought it was a "squid" I drew in my first concept. but octopus it was, I found out later on when searching for ref =) )

azazel,
maybe maybe, but I think the surfacing will set it apart a little more(and theres still much tweaking left to do on the face) if not, then I'll change it.

sascha henrichs,
I'm not a good writer so I'll keep the background story short. but hopefully enough to explain my idea.

in the future, after the oceans on earth dried and there was not enough water left to be able to live in the oceans.
the octopuses found a new way to live on land by integrating themselvs into mechanical bodies and use the small amount of water that remained, to add it into their bodies, to still be able to "breathe"..

they also built water stations(kinda like gas stations/food stores) over earth to be able to refill the tanks when needed.

I want to make this character a wise old creature rather than evil and destructive(which require more tweaking)

imscifi,
haha yes, thats sorta what he is =)

once again, thank you all! it really keeps me pushing my goals higher than I first had them set.

raiyan
03-22-2004, 05:24 PM
damn! Great concept ! I especially wanted to see the water effects under the muscle, it would be very interesting to see how you gonna shade that.

AJ
03-22-2004, 06:03 PM
heres a little start on the modeling.

:cry:

Joebount
03-22-2004, 07:37 PM
It's an Illithid !

Roulaise my friend ! :buttrock:

Phugative
03-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Those are some damn intelligent octopuses or is octopie?
Anyway excellent start!

fellah
03-22-2004, 08:35 PM
AJ_23,
lol :D

raiyan,
yea, I wonder that to ;)

Joebount,
thank you mate! :)

Phugative,
octopuses are actually very intelligent animals. that's one of the reasons I picked them.
this is a quote from "nationalgeographic.com"
"..scientists will remain awed by the intelligence of octopuses, which are thought to be the most intelligent of the invertebrates (species that have no spine)."
I remembered "m@" told me something about this while back.. and I had that in mind when I developed the idea.
thanks for the input :)

Virtuoso
03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
And so the mesh begins.........Looks very interesting fellah........Complex too, while still clean. The idea is a very solid foundation for what's to come.Hey nice story line too.your a good writer.......I would like to see myself write in Swedish........Oh no I would not.;)

As always I look forward to your progress.This seems to be a great idea and i know that the modeling etc,etc... will match it.See you soon old friend.:thumbsup: :beer:

painkiller
03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
very good modeling !
looks better then the sketch ....
like the idea of the land squid .

keep up !!

MikaelPersson
03-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, you did mention having it as a brain before. I just didn't think much of it until now. But I like your idea. What are your plans for the main body? Or is it mostly going to be the brain and tentacles? I wasn't even aware of there being a difference between squids and octopuses. But now I know, thanks for teaching me something knew.

fellah
03-22-2004, 09:44 PM
virtpirt,
ahaha! yes write something in swedish and I'll get you a present! or if you lyckas tolka detta.. så förstår du att du inte får någon present iaf :p thanks!

painkiller,

Mikael,
not much more planned for the body "fleshwise". the flesh parts will probably just be the tentacles(arms) and the face.
I dont wanna construct the legs or body of human look alike muscles. I had this idea first, and actually started modeling a bit but changed my mind and right now I want to keep the octopus euh.. "things" kinda like they are in reality. but I fear that it will be to much mechanical stuff.. and to little "flesh".. will see what happens..
btw, you have to join, then everything will be like in the good old days!!!! :wip: :)

mv
03-22-2004, 09:51 PM
yep, good idea not to mix too much humanity in it! octopusses are proud of their octopuskind... they will never look like weak humans who have got (pfff!) only .. TWO arms!

Mikael P. you're more than welcome in this challenge... it would be great if you joined! :buttrock:

MikaelPersson
03-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Indeed. Leave the human body parts away..
m@, actually I am considering doing that. I had a nice idea tonight which I am researching a bit now. You will probably see something closer to the weekend.

ilasolomon
03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
WTF! The Fastard has started the modeling!! :cry: :-E

I pay $1000 to anybody who belows his computers up before the final submission!

DimitrisLiatsos
03-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Ila_solomon said:
I pay $1000 to anybody who belows his computers up before the final submission!

me says....."Gimme his address...!!!"
:bounce:

jporter313
03-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey, lookin' good. The modeling stage reminds me of the watcher from LOTR (But with machinery attached). Good stuff.

Justin

Rhezz
03-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Awesome start to the model. Cool idea too :)

Atwooki
03-25-2004, 10:35 AM
fellah, I'm HOT on your tail.... just started modelling some bits; will post later ;)
Your rapid modelling of your 'squiddy' bits kinda jolted me into action :rolleyes:

best

Atwooki

fellah
03-25-2004, 11:56 AM
ahaha atwooki, you teaser! now you raised the bar, I expect nothing than the very best from you after this input. I hope you wont let me down! keep modeling :wip:

btw, I have to restart everything, some greek guy came here a few days ago and took my computer.. (ila - $1000)

thank you all for your inputs! :)

Antropus
03-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Great bio-mechanical solution man! I like it :)
Keep it up.

Kris

tobbA
03-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Great thingy! :thumbsup:

If i remember things right, an octpus has more than one heart, dont remember how many though, but maybe that's something you could use in your model?

imscifi
03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
ila_solomon: Hey you'll pay 1000$?!!!! wow... I know that won't happen to me... sigh

:p

Aearon
03-25-2004, 06:55 PM
give us some more modeling fellah :)

cool concept.. kinda unlike you, i can't wait to see how it turns out :D

Ionized
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Nice modelling dude. It looks a bit like youve geared this up for normal mapping... as in its neatly modelled into one piece. Am I right??

Anyway, the modelling is good, and I love the concept even more. Looking forward to seeing more of it

Ionized
04-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Na, I'm smoking crack again. Just noticed the tentacles come over the top of the suit. Feel free to slap me.

CLONEOPS
04-01-2004, 02:34 AM
hey how big an explosion do you want anyway??
for that $1000.
i spilled tea on my key board and there was a little spikkle phttt!

mmmhhhh squiddles and graaaaavy.
squirm! squiddle squirm! i's gonna eat ya up with sauce.

Frood
04-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Mister Fellah, I love your work!
I checked your site and saw all your goofy characters. They're lovely, and I'm really eagger to see more of your entry (since you said it was 180° from what you usually do).
I wonder how the result will look like!

ps: btw I adore your avatar, it's my favorite one on the whole forum! :applause:

MacSilva
04-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Dear Fellah,

Your work is excellent, man!! Love your style! It is truly inspiring!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Can't to see more!! :bounce:

fellah
04-23-2004, 03:37 PM
heya all, and a late thanks for all encouragements! didn't wanna bump this thread up to much, without having anything new to show.

I spent a little more time thinking about the concept.. I kept the idea, but designed it a little more.
click image for larger picture
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1082731032_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1831/1831_1082731032_large.jpg)

you might say that "this guy will fall back" in that position.
but, I had this idea, to have octopus "suckers" at the bottom of his feets, sucking him to the ground.
and, this is just a very stretched pose to, he can(as you can see in the "explanations draws") place his weight more to the front.

not sure about the current colorscheme either.

c&c, ideas, calling me bad things etc.. all welcome :)

Atwooki
04-23-2004, 03:43 PM
hey, fellah!
Nice sketches and revised concept, dude.
Where you been? Come to think of it, where've I been? :D

Do you mean the 'suckers' on the tentacles? Not sure of the correct anatomical definition ATM.......

Looking good, and nice to see you back :)

Atwooki

fellah
04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
ahah! I've probably been where you've been, not sure where :D

and thanks for the 'word'! I'll edit my post and replace the 2 sentance long explanation with "suckers" :)

thanks mate :)

Atwooki
04-23-2004, 04:04 PM
hehe!
Well, I've been trying hard to get to better grips rapidly with Z Brush (probably like many others here of late), but I won't turn your thread into a rambling conversation, promise!

Later

Atwooki

ilasolomon
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
:-D hahaha, finaly an update from you . nice one !
I like it that you always think different! well, I don't except anything less from a 'Wild Viking' who is a 'Kind Fallah' in a same time! :-D hihihihi, weldone Anders. all my four thumbs are up for you. ;-}
:beer: but, please feed us more polies, we need polygons, LOTS of!

Cadinho
04-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Wow... this is amazing! I am kind of new here in the forum but I can say that this FELLAH here kick ass!!

I mean, you have extremely good skills in modelling and way cool ideas!

Way to go!

Mandrake
05-04-2004, 04:54 PM
..Looking around for old challenge friends so I just came by to say hello..:-)

No crits, you're always spot on, keep up bud..:-))

fellah
05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
oooh no, mandrake.. I hope this dosen't mean you're gonna enter!!! :hmm:

no really, glad to see you back! long time no see.. it would be really cool to see what you could bake in this challenge with your vertices and pollies!

thanks everyone else :)

gpepper
05-04-2004, 08:37 PM
A sort of vacuum cleaner from space ! ;)

fellah
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
long time since last update.. again :rolleyes:

here are a few screenshoots:
[click image for larger]
http://www.fellah.net/temp/MF/MF.ModelWIP.1.1_Small.jpg (http://www.fellah.net/temp/MF/MF.ModelWIP.1.1.jpg)
the legs are still at a very early stage.

ideas are much appreciated :)

AJ
05-05-2004, 10:07 PM
:wavey:

The only thing that looks odd to me is the join from the lower part of the leg structure to the main unit... Right now the shape you have doesn't look as if it can 'support' the creature.

One other thing (and I can't quite put my finger on it) but the angle of the lower legs makes me want to see the main section tilted slightly downward. I don't know why...

:surprised :blush:

Very good to see you're not out! :D

fellah
05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
hey AJ, those suggestions are spot on! I will try to redesign the lower leg tonight and add a little tilt to the body later on. thanks alot! :)

Antropus
05-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah! Fellah is back ;)
Come on my friend. Your work is great and all we need to see everything finished and with your great style into.
Keep it up and rocks, fellow...sorry, fellah :thumbsup:

Kris

Frood
05-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey fellah, when are you going to post the last update we had seen before the attack?
I feel weird to come back here to explain my idea, since the posts have disappered now.
Anyway, let's do as if nothing had happened.
What I was trying to say about the rings around the black legs, is what you can see on this pic of my beautifull "shower pipe".

http://kategilbert.com/fred/For_People/for_fellah.jpg

So you see, when the pipe is straight, the rings have regular intervals. But when the pipe is curved, the space between the rings is pinched inside of the curve, but the rings themselves aren't deformed.
Actually in this case, it is a single spire running along the all thing, but this phenomenon works also with a range of rings.
Well, I hope I was clearer this time, and not too boring!
:D
I really hope to see you back very soon with some WIP for us to enjoy!
And thanks a lot for your note!
:wip:

fellah
05-17-2004, 09:02 PM
oh man, sorry frood. I didn't see this earlier! I thought this thread was at page 55 or so by now.
thanks for providing me with those images. I have a few of those rings on the upperlegs already. but I will tweak them more now when I have a better understanding for how they work.
really thanks alot, and sorry for not coming by earlier to thank you. comments like that are the comments I love the most.
I'll wait with uploading the old(although newest) model wip that disappeared with the server crash, and hopefully upload a newer version soon insteed.

deepforest
05-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi, fellah, seen your work a long time ago, very impressive!
and looking forward this, very great design!

Frood
05-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Hey fellah, no problem about the delay in answers (and btw the way, you didn't take long: 24 hours is ok). :D
We all have lives beside the forum. I'm just happy you appreciated my input, and to know you'll post 3D some of these days!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.