PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Kevin Fitzpatrick

Dorram
03-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Kevin Fitzpatrick has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

Dorram
03-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Ok, so I'm going to try this as a challenge to myself. I have a concept. My sketches are not as good as I ever want them to be. I'm an intermediate 3d user with strong skills in other programs. So, if anything I'll walk away from this knowing more about 3d and myself maybe.

I've asked myself this question. What do you do to yourself to replace the loss of love? How do you fix that pressure and pain on your body and soul when you lose a loved one (in the many many ways you can lose them)? I hope to find a part of the process and be able to depict it within the guidelines of this contest. Good luck to everyone!

Dorram
03-21-2004, 03:48 AM
The Story:

Zacran wanted to be Immortal...

Yet, he knew that by obtaining that most ways he would feel the intense pain of loss for those he loved the most. Time WOULD take them from him. He didn't want that bruning pressure in his chest from loss. He didn't want that wrenching twist in his gut from sorrow. He didn't want to experience any pain at all. So, he set out to find a way to have both.

Through study of Science and Acient Spiritual Knowledge he found the two primary things needed to stay in this world without physical pain and be enternal. The Heart and Soul. The Heart needs the Soul to pump, to stay strong, and to identify someone as a living human being. The Soul needs the Heart as an anchor point, a source of sustaining spiritual energy,and a way to identify someone as a living human being.

Zacran wanted to retain his humanity. He wanted to continue as a living being that would continue forever. Though, he had to escape the pain of loss of love and by removing all but the Heart and Soul he felt he would achieve such a goal.

So, he set out to do just that. First he constructed units needed to contain the Heart and Soul. The heart could pump outside of the body. It just needed the proper fluids and machinery stay alive. The soul was a bit trickier. It needs a body to reside in and around while anchored to the heart. He was removing the body because it would cause pain. So Zacran had to contain the soul, but not by metal and plastic. He had to use a giant blue saphire like none have seen before. By reciting anchient incatations he could place the soul into the saphire.
With both things set he built the body to house and carry his humanity. The body would be a combination of his newly learned science and old world spiritualism. Metal, polymers, & earthen substances were his foundation. From those he crafted a modest shell that would serve his purposes. After all was set he began the process to become immortal.

Through science he removed the heart and incantations the spirit. With both containers mounted to his new frame the two were each placed into the proper recepticles. His work was done. He still retained the needed flesh of this world and essence of the netherworld. Zacran was Immortal. He could never die... ever. Flesh mixed with modern and achient manchine. The rest of his fleshy shell was ruined in the process. That did not matter though, because it is what would have made him hurt. He would now continue forever and with out pain from loss of love. Or so he thought...

When he looked around to bask in his new existance he found that time had passed longer than he ever expected. The process from removal to rebirth had taken him past the lives of those he loved. They were all gone. His grandmother and her laugh were gone. His friends and their companionship were. His parents and their comfort had vanished. His lover and everything she meant to him, gone.
Then he found something to be wrong with his new body. He felt a pressure in his chest, burning away at him. There was a twisting sensation in his guts. There was a pain running through him from loss, sorrow, and love. What was happening? He still felt these things he tried to escape. What was going on?

Something occured to him then. He was horrified at the thought if it were true. What if the love he had given these people had come from his Heart and Soul. The pain was not from the nerves of the body but the inner self. Everything he had given in love was still there to feel. Everything he had gotten from love was gone. Zacran felt it all. He was bombarded with the agony. He had no more love. He had only the pain from its loss. He also had Eternity...

Zacran fell to his knees.

He tried to cry out in pain but his new body would not let him.

He had lost everything and could still feel it.

The Heart and Soul permitted that to happen and they cried out in pain with him.

Zacran was now trapped in his own escape...

(Ok this is where the image I make will come from. Sketches coming up next.)

Continuumx
03-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Dorram,

I like your concept story and the fact, let it take root and move you.

I think it is one of the better and more original pieces to start this contest on!

Dorram
03-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Thanks Continuumx. The next part of the story will depict what the final image is going to end up as. Then I will design the sketches from there. This is my first attempt at a real expressive work of art. The commercial work I do for a living just pays the bills. More when my eyes are rested from the monitor strain. :thumbsup:

(EDIT: story now updated. Onwards to Imagery!)

Continuumx
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I like the direction you are moving in, the topic you have chosen has a strong mysticism edge to it, which I think will allow for the modeling/rendering to be inventive!

Dorram
03-23-2004, 09:53 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1823/1823_1080082395_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1823/1823_1080082395_large.jpg)

I need to test my poses to convey his pain. Once I have a look that will work I'll know more how to design and show the Important visuals/modeled objects. My goal is to show his Heart & Soul well while he is in his moment of realization.

Dorram
03-23-2004, 09:56 PM
My proportions suck. Please excuse and understand I'm just going for the pose that will feel right for this characters plight.

Dorram
03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1823/1823_1080776370_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1823/1823_1080776370_large.jpg)

Here is the look I'm hoping to give Zacran. Not much detail but it's a start.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.