PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Joe Harkins

-dc-
03-17-2004, 03:14 AM
Joe Harkins has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

-dc-
03-18-2004, 08:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1656/1656_1079603170_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1656/1656_1079603170_large.jpg)

Somebody had to do it, and it might as well be me... :)

This will be more of a comedy style piece. I'm going to show the process of the pigs getting the wings and special goggles.

It will be kind of like an assembly line. I'm picturing this happening outside a barn with generic scenery. Picture some pigs working at creating the wings, but not really understanding what they're doing. Next picture a couple pigs in doctor's whitecoats doing surgery on a pig adding in the wings and neural glasses. There will be a line of pigs waiting to get the enhancements, some looking frightened, others excited.
There will be a pig wheelbarrowing off a load of eyeballs which are no longer needed. He will be wearing a "disposal team" label.

Next it's off to flight training, where the pigs are learning to use their new wings to fly. I'll show a few pigs in flight, a runway of dirt that the pigs are trying to take off from, and maybe a "flock" of pigs and a couple crashed into the barn with their rears still sticking out.

I could go on, but the idea is pigs finally figured out how to fly.

Oh yeah, the goggles...
The goggles will allow the pigs to see better, giving them a better view from the sky, as well as night vision that glows in the dark and just makes them look cooler.

That's about it I guess... I just wanted to get a concept and sketch laid down so I could start with the modeling. I think I know what I want conceptually, it's just a matter of executing it properly. :)

seb4d
03-18-2004, 08:56 AM
:applause:
This is going to be fun !!
I want to follow this thread !

Good luck !

bombproof
03-18-2004, 04:35 PM
hey!

i like this!!

:beer:

sonicstrawbery
03-19-2004, 01:50 PM
I like the idea, it could be fun but you should make a complex mechanical wing, i'm sure it could be a great image :)

I keep an eye on your thread man, good luck !

bombproof
03-23-2004, 08:17 AM
hey!!

what hapened?

i hope i could see updates soon.
i'm a big fan of the winged pig migration.

still following this thread.

enzo

Russell-Nash
03-26-2004, 07:34 PM
want to see more :thumbsup:

muyyatin
04-10-2004, 11:49 PM
DOH! I just had a flying pig idea, but checked to see if anyone else had it, and I guess it's too close to yours. :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh well... off to think of another idea :hmm:

edit: PM me if you're not going to continue it? maybe then I could do my idea

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.