PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Chris Pearase

CLONEOPS
03-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Chris Pearase has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.
WAEPONS OV CHOYCE :
RHINO3D to model +3dsmax to render.

MOMENTS OF TIME JUST KEEPS TICKIN AWAY
Time left: Gobs o' time.
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER AFTER THE BEEP
AND I WILL GET RIGHT BACK TO YOU.........BEEP

JamesMK
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeehaw, Chris - Nice to see you challenging yet again!

TheFirstAngel
03-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Great to see ya here! Let it rock, mate! Best luck!

CLONEOPS
03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Vistors already?so early! let me put the tea on...

What i really need right about now is a really god awful
sheet- tearing cold- sweat nightmare just to kikk things off right.
mmmmmh now how would someone go about inducing that?
Cheers mates and swedes.
Got yer backs.

:beer:

JamesMK
03-17-2004, 12:21 PM
What i really need right about now is a really god awful sheet- tearing cold- sweat nightmare just to kikk things off right.
mmmmmh now how would someone go about inducing that?
Sleep deprivation and grapefruit soda for breakfast. Works a treat!

CLONEOPS
03-18-2004, 01:08 AM
The sleep deprivation i will try to avoid for now but i'm pretty sure it will rear its wicked freakin head sooner or later..
grapefruit juice really? mmmh actually had some herring, suakerkraut then a pepperoni jalapeno pizza all in one night and gave me the worst nuclear nightmare. gah- wammy!

I think i have like a couple ideas that might be gooders.
Problem is too many ,half dozen ,so i am gonna wean out the weaker ones right off the bat then post the better one or two.
But i want to do some regular old pen sketches.i have forgotten how damn relaxing it is just to doodle away for an hour with a simple bic pen.and i'm a little rusty.so bees
patient i will be cookin up some stuff, but very busy at the moment.
I actually have never modeled any facial structure so of this i am pretty unsure of.
i dunoo !!!!yet...........

CLONEOPS
03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
March,1304 D.A

Quor-Sloan.inc.
Our motto is no motto what the problem we got the team.

Memo:
From Ai:Tiadrao
TO: newteam
Internal report:qubit feed access on band 12.009.001
Update: #155
Subject main syntax = DW
Sub heading search: PROJECT DEEP SIX+ FLING.

As Jjoon Llee and his team [syibiots ayol3 +ayol5] have finished their main report with assistance *noted* from Mars cell/psimackers and some gah-enclave visionists.
All that is needed at this time is for some of the newer generational team members to be brought up to speed on the subject history and ultimate fate of subject DW [primus one] and as we know him to be now 600 years after his initial assignment.

The subject Dw was initially psi frozen during an early internal Net war circa 2003>A.D [time adjust] intersceneal squabble,and was placed on a primitive form of life support an existence of a fungus in a vacuum cleaner [historical ref;qw.23.q.009] if you will. Even this was to much for the society of the day, apparently the very presence of even a strand of dna of said subject was unacceptable….apparently subject had an option in the event of a psi-out that may have enabled a reanimation under certain arcane circumstances.
As this was deemed unacceptable to the GOV.com/psi- bio/breed of this era a solution presented itself in the form
of an exploratory function [historical ref project FLING] as a Navigator and op-Ssysman of sorts for an interstellar voy.
DW’s primary state from psi-null was upgraded to a nav and logic function loop and was psi-licked to a bonded state, thus DW became part of the exploration vehicle Angor Wat One (hisref 32.q.qw2).
Dw was prepped and ejected from Sol vicinity A.D. 2200 via
(j2)***A SOLID DNA SHELLED VEHICLE***(j3)

**Warning**
All ref to this subject j2-j3 must be expunged via entang encrypt-scramble.

Thoughout the SLICE years com updates via entang light transmits revealed various planetary orbital reports which indicated habitable systems .These were logged and ebayed (hisref qw.23.98.980) and subsequent locations were colonized via CORP and N.E.P enclaves.

Long periods of the same until our SLICE COMBINING years,when DW ‘s path was intercepted near the constellation Virgo and his coalesced state was integrated into the society of the VOL ,the last logical transmission from Dw internal and external sensa dits seemed to indicate confusion , also the alien-ness of the VOL and as yet our highest level mackers have yet to divulge any useful info, and are unable to Slice the mapping of Vol psi combine from the info grabs, even after 200 years .

MEMO SECTIONED:Update from Blind LAKE MUSEUM:
This update comes from the most unlikey source one that was
Not pre- HEP-psied or mapped by Jjoon Llee or any of the active Syibiot-Sforms mapping projects.
The CYTAL-form on display at BLIND LAKE has asked for
An activation interface..or rather permission?? to ?? grow?? a Interstistal twistor?? For mélange?? Telegivingnessjion??
A node of ntang was fully primed and positivethreads clean ejected into the nearest cytal-qubit tang as it was the only
Viable visible indication of an active interface.
From the Locasal-mirrored stream that was emitted a
Pico-universe bublet was contained which we then had to search No less than 840billion collapse cycles in metatime until we came upon something tagged DW -A fairly mundane living fractal tetra-hepta /DNA code as it turned out.
We accelerated the metatime slices and evolved the fractal to sapience, at this point Scifi H.UGO and his team have set up a virt for FRED???? And it says it has an update from DW’s
(????)bio???.and a few glossies??
And we will have more updates soon.. for now
It (FRED) has requested an “underwood” (hisref qw.bu.1968.qw230) and a platypus on a bun.
Endit.

JamesMK
03-19-2004, 11:47 AM
If I had not already subscribed, I would have done that now.

Virtuoso
03-19-2004, 12:17 PM
CLONEOPS.................very nice........I like the attention to the all important details and basis for what you will create.....I will catch you at an update.........Nice start and lead in to your creation....... :thumbsup:

:beer:

CLONEOPS
03-19-2004, 12:20 PM
JAMESMK; I am just on story page one: will add another a liittle later, is helping me to get an idea and i am putting down some sketching too as i go .......it will end up somehwhere!?
who knows where....
Saw your stuff and will visit when things jell out a little more..
-do lots of sketches dude!!!

imscifi
03-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Dude.. this rocks... you and JamesMK have such cool stories to go with your ideas... I am soooo looking forward to those Bic sketches! :thumbsup: Hey it gives awesome line control! I know!

Your story seems really cool... Though, maybee a little.... chaotic... I really am intrigued! So your guy is sent out into space because his dna sucks to the idealistic mindsets of the future gen... he then somehow becomes part of the shuttle that he was jettisened into space with... then during the SLICE COMBINING years is used to do some kind of testing on?... gads this is deep!... I've had to read it 3x's so far... intense!

I am expecting a hell of a lot from you after reading this....

:thumbsup:

CLONEOPS
03-19-2004, 10:42 PM
IMSCIFI-I named my bic GIK he is a little blue right now...
....hell it was chaotic writing it .
note: some stuff cgnet references of one type or another ,seems appropriate somehow yes?-sorry no clues.

Should have been a lot smoother .I was listening to mel torme" i'm coming home"at the time.,but then "twisted nerve"was the next track and cycle back to "animal house soundtrak"it really is a wakky achoostical enviro to be typing in .i guess it shows huh?
The bic stuff willl be easy.. the 3d part mucho mucho
harder do NOT know if i can pull off a humanoidal figure/face.

And for this one i am going by the book -"project management in 120 easy steps"
stages -story/pen sketch/etc and time allocated
for each stage, in between cha- cha lessons of course.

CLONEOPS
03-21-2004, 10:33 AM
March,1304 D.A

Quor-Sloan.inc.
Our motto is no motto
What the problem we got the team.
Memo:
From Ai:Tiadrao
TO: newteam
Internal report:qubit feed access on band 12.009.002b
Update: #157
Subject main syntax = DW
Sub heading search: PROJECT DEEP SIX+ FLING.
Newfile :FRED query post reference all H.UGO in virt sim
1001-locasal class.
Secondary subject FRED has settled nicely in to his metaverse virt and H.UGO has reported a few fractal interrogate memes having made there way through our Larsmer boundary firewall. When queried about this subject F, [primus one -Fractal hioptic-Recombinate embryonic Diatrionid] Interjected grav-gauss noise in local space of about 7billion parsec and replied
“YOU CAN handle it keep your Shorts on”?? [hisref qw.1957.qw23.98]
Having gained assurances from H.UGO and team we allowed further info streams through.
What follows is the truncated report of subject DW’s
[hisref: Dale Williams qw2003.02qw.98i.classlock nine.encrypt] fate during his VOL years and further on, according to subject FRED.
This report is subject to verification and open to team interpretation.
The Vol-gi did in fact intercept DW”s craft during a pass by of their Homeworld, they contracted the interception out to one of their Parasitic orbital societies as it was initially thought that the Shell of Angor WAT was a class of memonectic weapon which had seeded their space some 4 million years ago.
DW and ANGOR WAT were integrated into a CYTAL of the society of the VOL ,this had the effect of DW and the ANGOR WAT to somehow further coalesce into a more complete melding. There is no possible actual direct communication with the VOL as individuals as they only respond through the symbiotic relationship of a mathematical parasite such as FRED that exists at the base of one of its levels of nervous system and even the conduit for com is filtered through what can be called a potentiality wave shape.
DW’s psi-licked and bonded status was monitored and what little humanoid pysch he had left was studied by sub-VOL Interrogates .Seemingly nothing of value was ascertained and for 300 years DW/SDNASV became organically fused due to local bio-ecological effects which occur naturally on VOL home world. Extended effects led DW to become infected with a form of ptotomorphic-defense virus, which the DW’s SDNASV
Was only partial in defeating.
After a plutonium spore was released planet wide on VOL
for feeding, certain stealth survival routines activated in the DW/SDNASV entity and as, in its newest protmorphic di-hyperhomonid state, mobility was an option, DW attempted an exploration as per his hard wired instructions.
**SECURITY NOTE**
TEAM: ALERT subject FRED has somehow fractually propagated
clonally and is in the process of populating at an exponential rate. Subject refuses com but is holding out
A sign that says” I like THIS –THIS is FUN “
RECOMMEND section and security monitoring.
Endit.

Virtuoso
03-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Bring on the chaos..........:buttrock: :beer:

CLONEOPS
03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
whoo hooo -
gah! With my computer i will struggle to get out Something even if i have to choke its cheap cables.and it might just be a case of chaos and a heap of a mess.-hope not!

Still on some bic sketches but really not a concept artist
I am so rusty.........its just easier to flop along in 3d.

and I WANT ZBRUSH 2 !!!
and 4 gigs of ram ..
:cry: :cry: :cry:

JamesMK
03-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Just keep bic:ing. Doesn't have to be concept ART, just concepts.

BiC-ING! Kaching!

How about a public toilet attendant with a bathroom sink permanently stuck down his throat?
...no? k...

bic bic bic bic. It's a woodpecker.

Oh, and you could use Macromedia Flesh for this, make a modern version of Flesh Gordon perhaps.... Is this mike on? one two three, intestine...

CLONEOPS
03-21-2004, 12:21 PM
ya what the hell ,stick figures it will be...
no rush -will scan out some bic pics monday.
i think i got the things head anyway, i can see the separate bodywork but cannot draw it real great.
i am going to steal *cough* i mean borrow some playdo stuff to check out some ideas as i go.- might help later on .
and i will need something to drive my pen into occasionaly i am sure.
"How about a public toilet attendant with a bathroom sink..."
-uh no won't touch that one with a ten foot pole..

bicbicbic... bicbicbic... bicbicbic
international artists alert beacon.

If you you hear this morse bic code please call the nearest emergency number.
:)

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 11:34 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079955289_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079955289_large.jpg)

mach speed capable, alien birdlike being
that used to fly the skies at mach speeds,
now has evolved, lost its wings and travels suspended from
its built in link to a monorail.

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079955863_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079955863_large.jpg)

more messy concept sketches...
sorry guys really rusty on sketching!
gah!

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 12:02 PM
AH HA -So i find a combination of mech- lego and playdo is
probably the ultimate concept tool on the face of the earth.
and NO i am not eating the playdo...well i nibbled a little bit.
...really all those liittle gear thingies and rods and whatnot
can help.
I will finish up the story of DW's ultimate fate a little later on. as he plays a small part in the final concept of course.

Bezerker75
03-22-2004, 03:11 PM
can't wait...need more...very sweet story behind this creation...I bit hard to follow but i read it like 3 times and can only imagine what you have in store for us...I am sure if it is anything like your writing it will be very imaginitive and inspiring. keep rockn'
Cheers:beer:

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Bezerker75
Second person who has said that .!!
So my evil plan is working MWAAHAHAHA......
I am actually pretty happy i did the story ,since i haven't written a paragraph at all since highschool days.
and in this case........
" desperation is the mother of invention."
I got some 3d for tomorrow, for sure.

- keep on Bezerkin in the free world.

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079970971_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1079970971_large.jpg)

creature may have a small amount of plumage.very little.
clik for bigger pics..

imscifi
03-22-2004, 04:12 PM
cool... this is coming into being... get it... coming into being... *cough*... errr... jee sooo silent all of a sudden... so I like the sketches, chaotic and whatnot... I am also looking forward to seeing the playdo and lego sketches as well! Plumage... kinda bird like? interesting, could go on the idea of certain animals have genetic advantages in certain areas... like cockeroaches, they can live through a nuclear holocaust... what can birds do? ... oh their shit can be used to make bombs! There ya go!

Keep up the great work!

so uh... Got Bic? :p

CLONEOPS
03-22-2004, 04:48 PM
no leggo pics.
Just used it as a tool for seeing how multi-multi jointed limbs might fold up on the sonic thunderbird ,during its ride on the mach1 monorail.

TBIRD will have just a little left over feather probably would have been for the usual display purposes during mating rites.
maybe around the neck or crown but could be anywhere i guess. at mach speeds though have to be pretty strong feather ....maybe more like long scales for fine control.
Bird will be well adapted and streamlined to the idea of mach1 life..
and this is a large bird we talkin about here maybe 15 feet long and with huge oxygen requirements, and a vast lung capacity,so the chest will be immense i think .
and actually is some kind of waste byproduct in the final story which DW will be around to clean up.
thanky say !!

.... i hate them wingrat bombers too.

:lightbulb

JamesMK
03-22-2004, 09:07 PM
This is very intriguing, yet partially hard to decipher.... and I do love a good mystery! Really excited to see what the friggin'ell we're going to encounter as modeling starts.... The clock is bic-ing...

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 06:47 AM
ok short and sweet........ jeeeeeezus.

story/ in memo form.
subtitled:
(Whatever happened to Dale Williams)

boy is bad.
people get mad.
boy gets pod.
boy and pod move like hotrod.
boy meets vol.
vol change boy.
boy becomes pod.
boypod gets another mod
mod goes hotrod....

.......more to follow.......

JamesMK
03-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Bwaahaa! The short version works well ::..

Ministry once made a song called 'Jesus build my hotrod' - you might want to use that for a theme song.

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Ministry ,like in goverment? paid to make this song?
just where is Kalmar located .....pluto?hahahaha..
Your gov and my gov should get together and we'll make 500
million dollar fast ferryboats that sing religous hells- angels anthems,which we will sell to the lowest bidder.;)
Theme song ...got one
CHaNGES
CH...CH....CH...changes.......
-one of david bowies, a single part of his SPACE ODDITY
era.
RIGHT ON!!:lightbulb

--an article i found--

just when you think you know what he is going to do next, Bowie pops up with another face and another sound. Of his ability to be one step ahead he has commented:

'I put it down to ADD (Attention Deficiency Disorder)... I never have been able to concentrate on one thing for very long without getting kind of itchy. I am a guy of enthusiasm, and I get terribly excited about things that are new to me.'

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 08:59 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080032357_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080032357_large.jpg)

one of the high chest sockets-
And one of the iris mechanisms for eyes
but -just preliminary warm up stuff.

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 09:15 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080033321_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080033321_large.jpg)

Some head shots at start stage.
- models are nurbs so i can do a little here and there then assemble it all later...
...no its not an antelope....

JamesMK
03-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Now treat you Rhino gently.

Smooth flowy shapes coming out of it .:|:. I like the TBIRD head, it has a sense of Rolls-Royce hood ornament to it... Neato.

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 10:30 AM
very astute observation my fine fellow....

In fact an element of SSTbirds design will be the inborn capability to become very rigid so an emphasis on musculature will be a factor, mostlly in the neck ,wing and rear legs are just good for landing and capture of food in any bird of prey.
This will fit in to the phyical requirements of traveling the skies at mach1 speeds .
.........need bigger longer eyes i think.:lightbulb
maybe many eyes.:lightbulb

imscifi
03-23-2004, 11:59 AM
wow! this is looking kickass dude! I love that eye like thing you modeled... and the "hood ornament" thing has a really nice shape to it. cool very cool.

oh and I must agree the short story really is perfect... totally get the sense of the large image! :thumbsup:

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by imscifi
[B]wow! this is looking kickass dude! I love that eye like thing you modeled... and the "hood ornament" thing has a really nice shape to it. cool very cool.

-eye thing closer needs to work like a shutter or a petal.
and the tip or beak part will probably have to show signs of heat damage.

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080070063_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080070063_large.jpg)

more doodles.

CLONEOPS
03-23-2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080083388_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080083388_large.jpg)

Dale Williams nad,uh.... i mean pod! pod!... as it flies through space on the way to the VOL.
Part of the story but probably not in the final image,this is just for fun.

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 04:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103260_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103260_large.jpg)

model-roony going goony.
did this stuff this afternoon.
4.2 hrs,one shower and 3 cuppa orange peako tea, peanut butter cookies and 2 bananas and 2 oranges.......time for ribs!!smack smack ...lick lips.

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 04:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103427_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103427_large.jpg)

same song second verse,not too worse.

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 04:50 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103800_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080103800_large.jpg)

muscle striations

JamesMK
03-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Ah, the top-middle sideview of the RAM ONE thingy looks excellent - it's an alien mecha-shrimp and it's coming over for tea and to kick our asses.

Weird alien modeling so far ::.. we'd expect nothing less!

EmpY
03-24-2004, 08:17 AM
What can I say, RhinoMan - knowing your stunts
from AlienW. and looking at developments here, you'll give us crazy f|||ing ride.:bowdown: man.
Watchin' you closely!!!

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
No!.. No.. no dang daffo frakin jumping loose ranch dingoes...
IT is not an antelope,monkey,giraffe,hood thingy,shrimp,
zombie,ear picker or a surgcal device for a wallabee.
I should come over there and kik you in the wip.hiiiiya!

yup a liddle diff .thanks, do not mind being a little off the beaten track.
See what happens when you never watch tv.,you will never
know what the latest trend is to emulate.
So i end up creating what ever i can out of things stuck in
brain bittys in my head.
Don't really know where it will end up totallly 100% but i do work best on the run and under pressure.
i might have time to do all the stuff i think i have learned.
since last time.
Only thing i do not have idea on is a final layout /backdrop,
and will lack some of the more very funny characters out there.
-- breaktime for me too see ya all in 24hrs.-

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by EmpY
What can I say, RhinoMan - knowing your stunts
from AlienW. and looking at developments here, you'll give us crazy f|||ing ride man.

Watchin' you closely!!!
yikes i got a fan? aloha- ha- ha
And it was so nice and quite around here ,now i have to type.
....go away.....
hahahaha ....just joking
thanky say.very much.
no bowing please, not here.
my Alienware ch. was a fast hard ride that ended in the dirt.

StayFrosty
03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
I really like the neon colours on your bird concept sketch. I hope you keep some element of that in the final piece as from what I can tell so far loads of entries will use dark, dull and menacing colour schemes.
A bit of neon should help yours stand out from the crowd and get noticed.

CLONEOPS
03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
good eyeballs nitroSqueel -didnt really see that one at all.
yes! i will use it somehow,maybe some nav lights.
or little fuzzy stuff....speed stripes like on a nike suit.. .:lightbulb .... i gota give it some kinda clothes maybe cause it will be an intelligent creature.?hmmm..thinking.
undecided....
reaearch.. research ...research..............

JamesMK
03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Definitely speed stripes! I love a good speed stripe!

For clothes I would suggest something fast-looking, like a blue spandex jumpsuit with metallic flakes.... you know - like an olympic speed-skater; they're so fast their lips finish several seconds after their body crosses the finishing line.... It's mostly because of their suits.

CLONEOPS
03-25-2004, 12:16 AM
JamesMK: the lip lag effect-common when ridin KZ1000
on unmonitored highway at 230 klm and at that speed a bee can wack your head back about 9 inches.

I think i will have the "Skin' look fast somehow and the same time have one or two stripes like a suit.
You got me thinking...
i think the bird wanna be free and fast , deep in its genetics.
....checking some ideas out how Very fast skin can be made to work at mach1.
-also need something that says this is an individual,intelligent being...something identifiable as personal.?? gah!- a frikkin red ribbon in her hair?

I will show yu something later on that i thought might be the flight action of something like the SSTBIRD when it could fly.
A good idea Flinged out last night.

I WANNA BE A BIRD RIDIN WITH THE HERD.
DIVE BOMBIN
curseword.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.!!
ya baby!

EmpY
03-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Thought I saw somethin', splitSec man!!!
:thumbsup: (hitchhikin' that is)

cha0t1c1
03-25-2004, 03:55 AM
what type of hardware do u work with?

Like the idea by the way....
I'm a slave for chaos....:buttrock:

CLONEOPS
03-25-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by cha0t1c1
what type of hardware do u work with?

Like the idea by the way....
I'm a slave for chaos....:buttrock:

a tbird actually.
slot-a
athon
abit ka7mb- second one, caps blew on #1
2 gigs ram
ati 7200
3- 60g maxtors
wacom-never use it much
wee bit o'cooling and oclok.hehe.
ram is god.
gonna get a better sys.

CLONEOPS
03-25-2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080251708_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080251708_large.jpg)

he so fly
he so bad
he kik slow in the bag.

go baby go......swoooooooooooshin.

SSTBIRD is now a combo plate special.
$12.99 on thursdays,with a salad and your choice of mmmmmmh lime green or blackberry jello.
get it while its hot.

WE ACCEPT MASTERCARD.
thank you for your patronage.
have a nice day!

JamesMK
03-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Meant to say this a couple of hours ago - but things got in the way...

Wicked color concept! Dynamic and strange - charging my Mastercard....

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2004, 12:55 AM
For being faster, swiss skiers engeneers studied the structures of sharkskin and built a fabric, having microteeth built in. Too bad, u can put numbs into a sharkskin and it wont make them better skiers. but the idea was cool. Could imagine that structure on your speederclothing. Deepsea anyways has fascinating beings. Neon and all sort of weird Phenomenons. If the wabbit had a biomechanical huntersubmarine, it would like this. Swoosh. Frag.
nah nah nah nah!!! Killer!

CLONEOPS
03-26-2004, 12:57 AM
JamesMK
just smears. -will look good modeled out i hope ..and pray.
-cannot get used to the slip of the wacom pen tip
and the pad is so freaking tiny......

cha0t1c1
03-26-2004, 05:14 AM
I can't use anything but the pen.
The bird is hot and cooking:surprised ...
U guys r our inspiration...
thx for showing the way...
U ROCK PROS:buttrock:

ravioli_rancher
03-26-2004, 05:25 AM
CLONEOPS,

Since your buzzard is always on the move, give it matching luggage as a personal identifier. Make it dangle like distended intestines, with a few intimate undergarments flapping in the ultrasonic shockwaves.

Also, maybe it gets excited and drools whenever it sees the alien hordes with their paradimensional luggage flickering in a warp bubble. This drool, of course, streaks past, and coalesces into erotically shaped star fields, and pudding puddles.

Hooray for sightseeing at lip-pulling, eye-lid tearing speeds!

And thanks for giving us the tour (instead of the finger).

Now model faster. A line is forming outside, full of people dribbling popcorn and shifting their weight to direct the sweat rolling out of their cranky crevasses.

CLONEOPS
03-26-2004, 03:34 PM
JamesMK: Put away the card, the rabbit eats for free here.
and if this bird do not perform like it supposed to, it gonna end up on the a certain mining corporations cafeteria menu.
mmmmm charging......ssssssszzzzzzzt.well done please.
mmm again ..maybe batteries. super duper duracells.
o-type. bloody hell. HYPER BLOOD CELLS. that'll get it moving

flings at myself.........fling - rebound.. szzt... boing.ouch.
:lightbulb

cha0t1c1:
you stopped and raved.
..now i can fling a thank you say.
but not a pro.
i'm just a moe.
..and buds do help.
to save the day.

the1st_angel:I must have hooks ,hooks are wicked.
hard to model lots though.
a suit that eats.!
or skin that can grab food. like pollen sticks on a bumble....maybee.
i have hooks on mouth area in the drawing and on the back.
there will be a few thick pearl hair in a row on spine.

i looked at the deepsea stuff when i am thinking of high
speed ,and mach1 is also zuper pressure ,so effect on skin is equal to deep sea,
some effects look like crushed paper,
some like gravity ripples , the extreme, extreme deep
pressure fishy looks like slooooow moving high density
jelloooooo.
i got a video from my library lady of Vampyroteuthis infernalis..or the Vampire squid, this creature is freeky in the motion of its skin at deep ocean depths.

a neon blast already on her as a gel/jelly tatoo of sex identification markings,like a squiddle patch.
eyes also multi cluster jelly/gel, but more like globs/bulbish.

quick! rub my jelly...uh i mean belly.
mmmmh.....i'm hungry i want some fast food.

ravioli_rancher:i was doing a double- mesh thing and
she popped up wearing metalik fishnet.
maybe i will just make one as body straps.
maybe needs straps to carry cell phone..

she's a sexy beast,
just needs speed .
if really hungry eats some cheese.

:buttrock: you all.:beer:

CLONEOPS
03-26-2004, 05:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080323371_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080323371_large.jpg)

harness strap material.
could be.
sure why not.
just a test run,needs thickness and will need a reshape to final body.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
all the way home said the little piggy
as he ran for cover from blast of an
airburst thermonuclear detonation....
and something in the back of his head whispered.......your bacon is cooked.

mmmmmmmh radbacon and gravy.

tik tock
tik ock
ik oc
i
o
io
in out
output
input.

EmpY
03-26-2004, 11:07 PM
That black material is flesh, yes?
I love the shape of the outer shell (armor).
The neon/fluo definitely!

keep it up

CLONEOPS
03-27-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by EmpY
That black material is flesh, yes?
I love the shape of the outer shell (armor).
The neon/fluo definitely!

keep it up
The dark area is the skin,yes.
i was showing the harness idea mostly.
i dont want to cover the skin too much because it would serve no purpose on an SSTBIRD that travels at mach1.
I think the skin would be tough enough to withstand
the screaming velocity while it hunts the sky for little green cheese muffins.
The harness will be like a belt to hold a sonic scella phone
and a bzzzt-charge card in case she gets herself into trouble.
Who knows what can happen when you zip along at those
enormous speeds,she might hit one of the lesser species
of tri-avian infernalis, in which case the effect would be the same as a sparrow hitting you BAM!- SPLAT like
a 15 ton slug of metal.
Usually when these babies are in pretty good health,but when illness strikes they always call the experts
- DALE WILLIAM"S CLONAL BUDDING AND WASTE
REMOVAL SERVICE Inc.
available 178.01 hrs a day.
(we also do BZZT recharges and PRIMATIVE
MECHANICAL REPAIRS)

CLONEOPS
03-27-2004, 06:54 AM
bi -pop

JamesMK
03-28-2004, 06:43 PM
That's right on its way - like a wasp on crack or something. Multi cluster gel eyes sound like the ticket, moe....

You're flinging your own ideas around faster than the wabbit can keep up, though the wobberly force is with him and all, but looking at those model shots, he can clearly see that there are things on the move beneath the semi-catatonic layers of paint in this particular padded cell - what appears to be static cramps is really something that moves so fast you can't even see the movement.

Wabbit stamps seal of approvement on the updates and bounces off through the woodlands with a long piece of red cloth tied to his tail, whirling huge swirls as it picks up speed and vanishes.

cha0t1c1
03-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Come on man, we want more wips. :applause: :bounce: :buttrock:

CLONEOPS
03-29-2004, 04:40 PM
JamesMK:
wasp...oh thats a similar markings
for danger but yes same idea,i will have the gel tatto more raised,and bulbish.
the last post pic just a cruddy place holder.may stick with the deep linear lines
texture but very very fine sharp and body molded.
too soon anyway for that,gotta model stuff.
-and the finished texture gonna rock!!
got moe to follow.
moe out.
;)
run wabbit run for the hounds...uh assorted machine flesh conbabulations of messed imaginations.... are at our heels.

CLONEOPS
03-29-2004, 04:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080579017_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080579017_large.jpg)

remodeling the head into a more
shrouded look so it will integrate better into the wings and body.
Not sure if i should stick to the
more manta-like head in the other concept sketch or elongate sideways on this head to a more hammerhead look,maybe both melded might work.i am gonna try both ways just to see which one looks better.
.got some proto-wings modeled roughly.
but not worth posting yet.
very busy right now.....so later tonite will post some stuff if it looks half decent.really enjoy doing all this -thanks all!very much.
oh.. and i got this little leech sub-character i wanna post.
also added my tag.yoo hoo.

CLONEOPS
03-30-2004, 04:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080622532_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080622532_large.jpg)

just-floating- out- the- shrouded- idea.. moremay work but needs more muscles- pumped inline -to be added- later.

CLONEOPS
03-30-2004, 05:15 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080623755_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080623755_large.jpg)

sketch sketch....flic bic
melt bic.beeeeend bic.
stomp bic..bic bad! bad bad bic!
icky bic...die bic die!
-back to free flying messy abstract reasoning for conceptual sketches..
sorry mates just gots to do whata moes gotta do.
and i declare this as TAAA DA a WING!
....thing....idea....uh sorta.
Getting there one waaaay or aaaaanother.

TheFirstAngel
03-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Mhmmmm, what about your manta? When will it fly again? hehe, bic bic clone ops oops. I imagine some twisted tripplelevel sorta boomerang backshaped wings like the overswingin shape of the spaceship andromeda... and organic... sorta. with blades maybe.
like the head. keep breaking up the curves and still keep em. let em flow.... ;:beer: :buttrock:

CLONEOPS
03-30-2004, 06:27 AM
damn ..psi ability
you freakky loyd- yu ma bro.
manta is revving the light fabzatic
d-flexa innards as we speak....

centavrus
03-31-2004, 09:51 PM
hiii Chris! i am your guest- its very interesting in your home here!So many interesting discussions - yes you are NON ORDINARY MAN
i am shure:buttrock: i like your bird consept and your work style definatly!
There is no word without an idea any idea without an image any image without sensation any sensation without feeling - and i feel your works! WIP is very interesting to me:bounce:

CLONEOPS
04-01-2004, 02:12 AM
centavrus:
thanky sayee ..
i really trying to work a good idea to make the SSTBIRD
not look like a lump.
-these liittle projects only get better with people helping.
Again it is a case of maybe someone elses vision can see what we do not.
-sometimes we make mistakes
of design ,simple colors
are ineffective or shape is not really workable.
i have to learn what to do and what not to do.
All part of learning all 3d and any skill or art i guess
The biggest help comes from the many honorables such as
JAMESMK and the whole people that drop by, like yourself
that stop and give some encouragement.

and away i goooooooooo.

;) :p

JamesMK
04-01-2004, 08:25 PM
w00t w00t!

I've been frantically busy the last few days... need to catch up on the action. I like that last color concept thingy, it's like Benoit Mandelbrot on crack! :D

Keep crunching, dude!

[I'm burning backups and doing some general and much overdue system maintenance tonight, probably won't be time for much modeling.... :cry: ]

CLONEOPS
04-02-2004, 03:15 AM
wa!.. i was thinking of the same ...backups.
I feel a mega virus gonna hit or something ....
-that old black magica feeling just tweaked a little cluster of neurons or something...
The next updates for me will depend on working schedule and how many hours a day i can get totally free.
Expect at- least- one- a- week but i am more interested in it all being enjoyable, rather than a contest ...it to me is very
fastinating conversing with so many variety of earth community on my planet only 4 clan of species, almost identical and most lack intense exchange of artistic views.Yours is the only one i have tapped into that really freely exchanges ideas without any clan contract or genetic imperitive to self destruct given an alternate perspective to embrace.
i really will try to post some good stuff soon.

fapazzeled...ooou look! backup..what fun.
.;)

CLONEOPS
04-03-2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080991262_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080991262_large.jpg)

-PRELIM- upper chest savants.
These will be the cognitive duty connects.
-pretty much just modeled themselves.
will come out of a thorax slot.starfish
inlay slot flush mount/half in -out.
2 or 3 pairs if -ram is willing.

JamesMK
04-03-2004, 11:34 AM
That looks neato - deep sense of arachnidity... combined somehow with a neural network design... highly complex, yet refined in its basic systematic construction...

Any chance of a shaded and/or perspective view of this baby?

CLONEOPS
04-03-2004, 11:38 AM
ok next one

CLONEOPS
04-03-2004, 11:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080993131_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080993131_large.jpg)

not really the final on this.this is the simpler version.
working on the folding out on the plexed arms,needs better joints etc.its a start
anyway.

rattlesnake
04-03-2004, 12:04 PM
what the hell?
this is amazing, is massive, espectacular!!, okok, enough,
but serious is really nice modelling, im sorry i cant give usefull comments now cos i found this just great, but maybe in the future i will, wooo, this contest is burningg!!:bounce: :buttrock:

CLONEOPS
04-03-2004, 12:05 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080993953_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1080993953_large.jpg)

spun out what i thought a organic ram/turbjet -would start to look like.
-needs refinements.r and d.

JamesMK
04-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Wonderfully weird and entangled! :applause:

Ionized
04-05-2004, 08:52 AM
sheeet... what happened to the bird?? Nice stuff man. Insane ammount of detail going on in your model. I wish I had the patience to put that much complexity into my work.

I'm a subdiv man myself, but this looks great and shows the true power of a nurbs modelling app like Rhino.

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when its finished.

Jeremypiven
04-05-2004, 09:45 AM
hey man nice detailing,loooking cool.:beer:

CLONEOPS
04-05-2004, 02:36 PM
JamesMK:
it's getting weirder,just about finished the main body,had about 6 diff versions and got it in not too bad of a shape now
that i can live with. still working on it ,basically weaving the body and frame so to speak.

Ionized:
-the bird is still up for a flight ,but the original beakish head is out , i like the manta shape too, much and it has more
possibilities,also a couple of dudes are doing birdlike heads and i want to stay away from similars.
also no diff with nurbs, nurbs can do box-like /subdiv/smoothing all the same just a little different in the actual flow is all. its just how well you can really dig into the nurbs toolkit .from what i can tell its all the same.
only tool i have seen any diff is zbrush as version2 ,that has really got to be the best pure artist modeling tool around. Hope i can buy it sometime in the near future.

Saschi0815
04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
GROOVY and really really weird. :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-05-2004, 03:19 PM
@ CLONEOPS ..i would like to take what u are taking man...!!! :beer:

:bounce: Complex and wierd...but beautifull !

CLONEOPS
04-05-2004, 04:31 PM
DimitrisLiatsos:
-orange pekoe tea is about it for me.
its really about not setting boundaries on design, and having fun with ideas.
try stuff out ,hell just make stuff up, make lots and lots of mistakes and then see what works.,for every semi-good idea there are 10 discarded that are just not workable..even on a little thing like a headlight....but just be ready to really quickly discard stuff that
dosen't feel right....or whatever...seems to work for me anyway.still learning too you know!!
-thanks for the interest guys.

:p

Ionized
04-06-2004, 12:44 AM
only tool i have seen any diff is zbrush as version2 ,that has really got to be the best pure artist modeling tool around. Hope i can buy it sometime in the near future.

Yeah, it really looks amazing. I'm trying to convince them here at work to get it. It's not fair that some people get to use that and others dont, especially in a competition like this... hehe...

Kenter
04-06-2004, 03:17 AM
some nice work here.prett6y complex,looking cool.this will be great to see when finished me thinks.:buttrock: :)

CLONEOPS
04-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Kenter:thankoo yu ..lots happening now really burned a wick last night ...got lot done.
but i want to be really fresh on the posts,cause some of it is just still in the research stages of modeling...still trying shapes out and how things go together...more complex stuff
anyway...i missed some splits and cracks in some mesh and have to redo some stuff. some of my- this new stuff is so damn hard to do...
GAH!..
Ionized:yu web si.. automata ...who did the concept on that stuff....i be diggin it .wish i ha a cgjob.oz nice too.gimme your life man.hahahah .
gotta post wee stuff for now...

....anytbody who emailed me in the last few ...sorry about replies,but my email got blendered somehow?!?!?!
unreadable totally smished up word scrabble.
how i do not know. is okay now.

CLONEOPS
04-06-2004, 04:28 AM
subdivision human......>>>>>>>>>>>
..heck ya gotta laugh sometimes right? .....

yu da man (http://www.bigfatbaby.com/belly-new.cfm)

CLONEOPS
04-06-2004, 06:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081228108_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081228108_large.jpg)

some of the ramturbine hybrid transmission
torqueing muscles that link to the ramfan
along the body of SSTBIRD.
i am working on the actual setup...
may need to be ripple-link driven sort of....maybe.working on it.
-at least it does not look to cruddy,
-high mesh in pic but max multires will destroy 97 percent off it.

rattlesnake
04-06-2004, 06:19 AM
woa, :eek: your modeling is awesome, what else can i say? i really like your job, i wish i could model some of that muscles for my model they simply rock man, keep rocking:bounce: :buttrock: , very creative concept man:thumbsup:

JamesMK
04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
The mass, the mass, the infinite mass!

Very fleshy, you're just simply on the right track still.

CLONEOPS
04-06-2004, 08:26 AM
yessssssss yessssssss the glorious mass
masses upon masses of well...mass.ack.!
may be off track ,spend 75 percent time on optimizeingering
stuff out of rhino in to max.....will not box model...must resist
its drawing me to its purpose ....evil box modeling....
nurbs will prevail,nurbs are strong,nurbs glorious nurbs oh..
what a feeling ........tip tip tippy tap ....
really straining the sys....
may erupt.....
crash burn
and meltifry......
need z2 and gigamobs of sweet ram.

Virtuoso
04-06-2004, 09:28 AM
ramturbine hybrid transmission................getting deep into it................I like that. I can sense an intensity to the creation.It's unique and getting a bit on the surreal side,always really cool in my book.Like the flow at this stage,it's coming along well Cloneops...............keep at it this way.Fun to watch come together.....................:thumbsup: :beer:

EmpY
04-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Looking great!
As V said, keep it going in this way.
+ if you can manage to apply your
wild textures/materials, will be amazing.

TheFirstAngel
04-07-2004, 02:11 AM
.....will not box model...must resist
its drawing me to its purpose ....evil box modeling....
nurbs will prevail,nurbs are strong,nurbs glorious nurbs oh..
what a feeling ........tip tip tippy tap ....
.... my preeeccccious... hahahahaha

Love what you done with Rhino. Supernuts flesh-mass, massively rockin' hahaha, lovin it!!! It's mighty, wicked, tricky, and fat ass bombastik, hehe, love the way this is heading into! Keep it up mate!!!:buttrock: :beer:

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 02:47 PM
whoa! okay guys , now i is a pumped.....
fat blast wicked jimmin and a jammin....
bomb run.......
letting 'er RiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiP
BA BA BA BA BOOOOOOOOM!
ahhhhhhhhhh!
RADBURN !!!!!!!!
cover your eyes.........

FLING1

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 02:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346064_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346064_large.jpg)

finally happy with a shape i can buildl around, will tweak up more of probably.
-its the nose front and wing sweep basic..

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 03:01 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346514_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346514_large.jpg)

little stuff around the body...maybe inside it half -way out sorta thing..
doing their repair stuff....

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346845_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081346845_large.jpg)

better buds ,more like a cluster tentacle
really.

JamesMK
04-07-2004, 03:14 PM
It's very hard to put words on it - all I can say is "yee-haw!" and possibly also "wickedly awesome weirdness!" which admitedly doesn't convey a lot of satisfactory data, yet illustrates my initial response.

You are very weird, and I like that a lot. :thumbsup: And I'm really looking forward to see textures on these babies, because I know from the AW that you'll make some really cool surfaces to go with this warped geometry.

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081347351_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081347351_large.jpg)

basically an entang-light router node
...replacement for bio part/-mech part of a autonav sys ...will have conectors inserted for links to bio.

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 03:40 PM
JamesMK:well the title is machineflesh so gotta sprinkle
a bit of weird around .......
-if the contest was silverware on the other hand i would
still finda way to give it a personal warp.i think.
normally i am very happy just reading a book..ya know.
but no...one day i happen upon this freakin contest thing..
and booda- bing ..here i am.
never really thought i could do it.
nobody else knows i do this stuff but all you guys.....
it really is a nice little hobby ..but my mou-biking miles are suffering.... in 3 months, last summer about 1000k...

oh yah the textures should be okay....gotta try something new....may not have to though.just basic stuff if it looks okay.

;)

rattlesnake
04-07-2004, 06:45 PM
i really love your models, i cant wait to see the whole composition together, you have some weird ideas, but really interesting!;)

inkonyto
04-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Amazing meshs :) Excelent modeling skill... :)

JamesMK
04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
He he.... yeah, Alienware was OK, but I wouldn't want to see a silverware challenge myself either :D

imscifi
04-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Well you are a feak of nature by all means... I sincerely mean that... and I'm sure you could put a twist on a Silverware challenge. I have to say, your modeling is making me nervouse... I'm gonna have to start spending my time modeling during the long hours of the night... I kinda wish I was going with somthing more along the lines like what you've got there... I'm really impressed. Did I happen to mention... You suck! I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!! *stomping up and down*... why can't you just drop out of the rat race! on a more subdude note... I love what your doing keep up the great work... *ahhhhhh!!!!* :banghead:

( jealousy - a sincere form of flattery)

:D

CLONEOPS
04-07-2004, 10:48 PM
imscifi: i love the way you put that...at least i know you
wanna win too....good thing.
by the way,its my first little head banger.thanks it's like a little prize in itself...whoo hoooo!!
i'll try to drop out at the very last minute if i can.........
hehehe.......you keep rockin the kaz too eh!
-get... down... and... stomp everyone!!
thanks barry.and no one said you coulnt't start a new line of work...right? -if you have a smackin idea go for it.!!!!

JamesMK: silverware- could happen...fork over that prize.!
i wanna see a 3d abstract themed contest later on..
-what the heck just for fun i'm gonna do a fork thingy later.

everyone else: ready for the next bomb run???????
wait.....wait for it ......wait...

:thumbsup: ;) :p

JamesMK
04-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure though... would want to SPOONFEED everyone with instructions on how to use the KNIFE tool and stuff like that for the next two months..... hahahahahahaha! ....er... ha? ...fork over that price....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I don't know about the Silverware thing...but i know one thing!!!

U ARE NUTS too!!! Definitely !!!:bounce: :beer:

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Hahaha, you simply rock on a league of your own. Its so damn cute what comes to life here, drop an other boooomb!!!!!:scream: :arteest: :buttrock:

CLONEOPS
04-08-2004, 01:30 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081427440_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081427440_large.jpg)

-test of some of the colors and shape of the race/species identification markings.
textures look okay like this, but may vary as solId and combo...i like both.
anyway....that's it for now.
-can't show all the boomers just yet.

mv
04-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I really like the work here...that talks to me. Respect for having the guts to try and materialize those semi-abstract concepts. You're doing it quite fine so far.

Atwooki
04-08-2004, 03:37 PM
CLONEOPS:
Amazing work, CLONEOPS :applause: totally original and quite uncanny. That last image is beautiful :) what direction are you gonna focus on? haven't quite worked it out :)

Atwooki

pigwater
04-09-2004, 12:51 AM
cloneops .. i've been watching this thing for a while and trying to get at what your going for and i gotta say this is utterly confusing and brilliant ... so many variations of i-don't-know that make sense ... keep em coming

oh the last one is "purrrrty":applause:

and i too would like to see your silverware entry

TheFirstAngel
04-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Great update mate!!! I really enjoy your work! I love the dynamic and complex way you're bringin your creation to life. Keep it up :beer: :buttrock: Oh, and happy Wabbit days!

CLONEOPS
04-09-2004, 03:33 AM
m@.: i hope i am doing fine too,got lots of ideas for future stuff now that i am starting to get into the swing of
the workflow and constructing stuff....this one really seems to be going ok..for now.
Atwooki and pigwater ;
i guess it all looks confusing,sorry
i could'nt post something like a full sketch at the begining.
i could see 90 percent of this in my minds eye right at the start but to actually sketch it is beyond me right now.
-basically i am constructing each component a little at a time and stopping if i think it lacks some thing, then go back to it later if a really nifty idea pops.
-also with nurbs it has to be well planned out for most but not all pieces to relate to another, ....its a little hard to understand i guess,
but i do not have a stack i can go back to and undo certain modificatons like a "bend" modifier in max,where you can take it out of the modeling pipeline.
-i incremental update on almost every 2 or 3 move in rhino.
not as bad as it seems and it is perfect for recreating stuff 50 variations back.
--works for me anyway and rhino is incredibly blazing fast even on my crud computer...which helps because i like to work fast..i cannot stand waiting 30 seconds for a boolean
operation when i have to do 190 of them.

Anyhoo! - all the pieces and idea are there if you read the whole thread ..
i just have not put it all into one complete body yet.
Just gotta imagine it ......!!! ...for now....

the1st_angel: count on you to cheer blast a guy....
whooo hoooo choo choo.B-B-B-B-BOOOOOOM!

CLONEOPS
04-09-2004, 03:52 AM
HAPPY EASTER !!
HAPPY EASTER !!
HAPPY EASTER !!

=0......hop.....=0+=0.......hop......= (=0 =0 =o =o =o =o)
;)

pigwater
04-09-2004, 06:30 AM
and HAPPY EASTER to you ... bunny's & eggs forever

my bad about above .. i must admit i skiiped some of the reading here .. but i know there's a bird ... but it still is quite all visually stunning and contemplative in it's making

gotta go find some eggs and bacon

CLONEOPS
04-09-2004, 07:48 PM
pigwater:
I started the bird head design with those long backhorn- things that would have locked the head in place
to the back during power dives at mach one..cannot have a neck moving side to side at mach1.....snap!!!
-but it looked really weird adding a ton of muscle to the neck muscle-area ...just looked off somehow.
- actually the manta-like pic will be closer to the final shape....its a great aerodynamic shape to base- off from.
not really bird- like anymore ,almost will be semi-sharky looking body lines.......with large swept wings..
not based on anything real of course ...just an extrapolated phsyiology....what could be possible based on some fundamental design rules.....body size+wing area+energy intake+possible locomotive power available= SSTBIRD..
should call it SSTMANTA i guess but the name is stuck..for now.
i'm i hope i can do a whole series of alien constructs based on what enviroment it could live under etc.. also want them to be true to its enviromental needs ...how does it eat/hunt/
life cycle/defense...etc.- make it look possible .

cheers enjoy your b+eggs....

;)

JamesMK
04-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Let me poop a few eggs out for ya, clone-boy! Happy|merry|jolly|friggin easter!

Virtuoso
04-11-2004, 03:08 AM
Your thread is like a wild rollercoaster ride,full of fun and wild colors.......Unique thoughts and well executed work thus far.A surreal feel all the way .................By the way,you are right with what you said in my thread.................;) :)

Bring it on Cloneops........:cool: :beer:

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:15 PM
-poopy eggs....ack ack!!
mmmmh eeeeeggs aaaaaand graaaaavy!!
Virtuoso: hehehe ,we be rockin. oh ya!

midnight stealth run............fission timer tickin.....
tick
tick
toc.
fling.
BOOOOOMBS AWAAAAAAY!!!!!!
run fo covva.
SSSSHAFAAAM!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZHT!
radburn.
be bop boogie and the jazz rack moogie..
shuffle shuffle and a light fandangoe.

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686033_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686033_large.jpg)

how i started the wing,just a basic idea
to look at \wanted to weave it really...
-this will intergrate into the flesh/body
of the SSTBIRD. about 10? percent of wing is shown in the next pics......
-things will change as always..
need more mech.....
gotta have mech.

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:31 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686686_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686686_large.jpg)

BADA-BING
THE idea of wings i found out is that the more edges-loops you have moving forward ,creates thrust..more loops = better thrust.loopy.
-birds/things do not flap there wings to create lift they move a surface forward,to create an uplift effect.
-loops are also control surfaces.

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686832_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686832_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 3

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686910_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081686910_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 4

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687023_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687023_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 4

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687151_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687151_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 5

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:41 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687268_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687268_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 6

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687428_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687428_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 7

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687566_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687566_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 8

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687708_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081687708_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 8- some tips undone.

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 01:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081688395_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081688395_large.jpg)

BADA-BING 9-just a fast-warp config here, not very primo..
-just playing around on it..

Teyon
04-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Very nice work. Looking foward to seeing this one done.

JamesMK
04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Massively cool update... oh yeah... The carbonated bunny is getting a buzz from all this geometry, like being hit on the back of the head with a brick wrapped in lemon slices... It feels like things are starting to come together now - impressive as it is.... out of curiosity; what's your plan for the final composition here?

rattlesnake
04-11-2004, 08:01 PM
i saw almost all your thread trying to understand better the concept, and i must say that this is getting great! the wing looks really cool! when are we going to see all together? very good work i really like the design on the head but also wings are geat, im not clear about textures, when i saw the sketch i understood youre going to create a kind of collage of textures, is that right? anyway the textures youre showing at the back pages are stunning, your concepts are very original, best of luck for u man:thumbsup:

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Teyon:thank- kakoo- koo
JamesMK:final comp?...as in the set scene ..i guess i will have to dig deep on that one.
may have a sky scene....
i not really sure if the enviro will really make a huge, huge focus on this one...may be a bit subdued....-will try to do some cloudy stuff but atmos/foggy /clouds are really hard to ace.
-any ideas i have will depend on what i want happening to SSTBIRD's shape it may be in dive mode/hunting/battle/injury.....or cruising....or other.-how high up is it- what is the composition of atmosphere...what is atmos made of and why..
-hell even what planet does it live on....how much gravity is available.-type of sun.-other things in atmosphere.
landscape?? ahhhhh!-
- also does this thing ever land?-ever?
maybe...maybe not. if not, why? -if yes, why?
-functional size of SSTBIRD is now approx .50ft/29.5m- wing span.-2x lear-jet size.

I really will post a descript of what i am thinking about a little later on...very soon .-also may update -the scientific league memo story..it may help.or not .......hehehe.
--any enviro- ideas. welcome.

rattlesnake:ooooooh we waitin on textures eh.
very ,very,very ,very,very special texture.
top secret -high ulltra class -no no no no no can tell..

....hahahaha actually body skin/basic black looks pretty damn good against those nice jelly tatoos ,and i dont wanna leave those out at all...-those stay-...the flesh will may be a little bumpyish i think so it looks like skin. i also like thin
thin thin linear lines with a high bump ...looks fast.and its simple.-any blood/flesh damage tex if any will be ??/whoknows...blue!sounds -good.blue it is.
blue/silvery mech metal too...sure why not.-works for me.
-anyway the mech is added on for a very specific reason
-tell ya all later.....
mech/wings get added to skell of SSTBIRD because its natural wings have been de-evolved.....But..it has to fly/be in actual motion again.

CLONEOPS
04-11-2004, 11:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081722273_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1081722273_large.jpg)
-----ALWAYS CLICK PIC TO ENLARGE ^^^^^^
THIS jelly/gel tex is on a -sub frame skel- of SSTBIRD but will be overlayed finally on the black skin....the tatoos will look more like the
combination of a wasp markings and these
framelike structures...a little more
squiddley/blobby/raised looking though.
will try to make them look a litle more like natural markings and not quite so structured like this pic.
anyway this tex is a bit more frosty looking.-will be added some small gloss.

JamesMK
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Honestly, I like the slightly frosty look here...even though it was gel you were going for... very organic, yet engineered shape... interesting as usual! M'yeap.

rattlesnake
04-14-2004, 02:27 AM
nice texture!, your ideas for it are great, keep on rocking!

centavrus
04-14-2004, 09:30 PM
hi! your textures for me are innovation i havnt seen anything like this sooo beautiful :drool:

Gregwid
04-14-2004, 11:38 PM
A living rainbow.Another freaky entry,and good for that.Some nice modeling,and love the colors man.:buttrock: :beer:

Ionized
04-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Coming along nicely cloneops. I have no idea where it will end up, but hey lets forget about the bird and go with a jellyfish. I'm diggin it, don't fight it, just go with it =)

It reminds me of some of those amorphous shapes that you see in 3d engine demos.. you know from the demo scene. It has that beautiful but almost accidental feel to it. Definately something that belongs in nature and it seems your going for something that is a living, breathing machine as it were.

It would be good to see some more function in the design, but thats just me and my anal retentive desire for function :bounce: Anyway, you definately know how to crank out those sweeping shapes. Keep it up man.

mikepolizos
04-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Just two words...
Amazing Design!!!

Tremoside
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
These works are beautiful, harmonious and well designed:thumbsup:

I just miss flesh and machine parts...

although who cares if you can do these amazing things:buttrock:

creativer
04-16-2004, 09:08 AM
that nuts dude Great stuff!:bounce:

CLONEOPS
04-18-2004, 02:49 PM
JamesMK:frosty and hightlights -sss/gel ..no problem.
this one type of model ..engineered has already hot got a
slot for some future work.later though.

Tremoside;this is actually part of the flesh...workin on the more mech stuff.

mikepol |3D:-thank kai yaaa!
Ionized:i canot say just yet either where it will end up, but
pretty much still the same as the manta looking pic...just
is its evolving in the design alot....a jellyfish idea i will advance later on...using the same tex/structures ideas for something else later...whoo hooo! oh yah.
Gregwid: thanks bud.
centavrus:thanks G. ...

Anyway very busy packing and moving etc...so no huge updates...wait at least a week sorry!
guys....
but i did find out PUFFERFISH got his prize!!!!
finally.

-where the hell is barry? .bad barry.make me mad barry.
barry get back.back barry.or smack.

JamesMK
04-18-2004, 04:25 PM
You know what, Chris? We wanna see some UPDATES!!!

:D :bounce:

CLONEOPS
04-19-2004, 07:59 AM
JamesMK:
AGHhhhhhhhhhaaa!
stop beatin on me gangsta wabbit...i was supposed to move last month ...oh no stop the bus it's not a go yet...yes it it
no it's not..yes it is...ahhhhhhh.GAH,gah.gah...volumeous
GAH-GIYAKKA!!
...hate moving when it not smooth going.
..doing the fok fok fok fok jitter-bug..spin and weave ...dizzy ...gonna puke.
SPLORTCH!
ahhhhhh.
i think part of the problem is i am going through cg withdraw
al -must nurbalize something quickie -like.-really odd sensation.,apparently not curable.
still stands 1 week until some stuff looks better , i am gonna try get the body /main finalized.-have been spending time on the parts of the sub parts because i have to see if things look good GESTALT-WISE...new word for me i love it -mean zactly
what i wanna say without explaining ditails.

ge·stalt or Ge·stalt ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-shtält, -shtôlt, -stält, -stôlt)
n. pl. ge·stalts or ge·stalt·en (-shtältn, -shtôltn, -stältn, -stôltn)

A physical, biological, psychological, or symbolic configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that its properties cannot be derived from a simple summation of its parts.

-at first i thought it sounds like -dry cracker on a dry cracker snack.
...mumbo jumbo,but now i get it.maybe.i dunno.

-gonna whip me up some a that in some gravy baby.

JamesMK
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Aw, moving sucks even when things are going smoothly....

GESTALT - one of the really good things that the germans have contributed with in international language efforts.... It is indeed a very cool word.... possibly one of the best.... on the top-10 at least, no doubt..... Like POLTERGEIST... another german export.... Combine the two, and you've got something that kicks most available ass....

imscifi
04-19-2004, 07:23 PM
yeah, a POLTERGEIST that speaks with the GESTALT... awe hell... what is GESTALT even classified as? I't not exactly a language.. but a way of speaking... damnit! I don't know how to clarrify that sentence AND I can live with it!

jeesh...

so where are those updates? (just kidding, in a simillar boat...)

:D

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh dear, brainwash to read this again and whoooopsumpapawassssapahsplorcha-gaaah, I'm trough. Polter Rumpel knocking on Cloneops Box, that rocks, this Moving Box filled with filthy Sox, And Shocks, The Wabbit that came for a cawwot twow Dwive-by, the Question is why... Will the box follow that Spline, a pathfollowconstraint, the Way, that virtual spline, will things be fine? Along that way follow that path, Opps for the clone, if there will come, the one to lead Clone opps home. To the new one, Home sweet Home. Beat that Boxes. Rock em all, and if nothing helps: Follow the Wabbit. Knock Knock!!!:buttrock: :beer: :thumbsup:

mosconariz
04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Here you have really nice designs... Just wanted to suscribe in one of the best threads in here :thumbsup:

JamesMK
04-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Update update update!

:bounce:

TheFirstAngel
04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Yep, I'm with that! Update Update!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Virtuoso
04-26-2004, 03:36 AM
Yes cloneops.....................I agree,this is a real nice entry thus far,and hope that more updates are right around the corner..........So hit it hard,and see you at your next update....................:buttrock: :beer:

Antropus
04-26-2004, 04:15 AM
Crazy stuff here! I like your these curves and organic forms. Waiting to see the finished thing!

CLONEOPS
04-29-2004, 08:57 AM
JamesMK: i am agreein too great word....WORD.
still that explanation in dictionary is a little hard to choke down ...hence.the cracker on a cracker reference....how dry can you get....still.. just the sound- has that OHM! or gonggggg buddist touch to it.now that i ponder on it ,the word itself has its own gestalt ...is that possible?
a word that so encompasses an explanation that it embodies
an unexplainable summation of a unrealized concept yet describes a framework of an idea without any rational reference to anything that has any intrinsic value.
-blows a fuse right about here..ouch.
-oh my god now i understand german.!!??!!!
ack.
..should have some update by after this weekend ..
tues/wed.
imscifi;- greater than the sum of its parts?
-maybe is gestalt word idea.maybe.i dunno.
the1st_angel: waaah!?!-lost in the haze i am, the word plays a game,so lame my brain,a great word that makes me strain.
word neurons fire like sparkling rain.
Virtuoso:updits soonest as i can ,i am on mostly 12 hr days workwise....summer busiest time as always.
Antropus; time is a tickin...want to make a good project
hope i can finish!!...i do not want to post messes and i am not the best at this yet..still have to figure stuff as i go.

updates.after this weekend finished moving in.,then rest and a day...or whatever.okay.have not done diddly lately
very much behind on this ..

;)

JamesMK
04-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Now then... ponder about what a META-GESTALT would be......

Looking forward to tuesday/wednesday for some sweetly weird update then, ooga-booga....

CLONEOPS
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1083226027_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/1624/1624_1083226027_large.jpg)

just a tex-3dsmax, i only had time for this..and some metal types tex.
engine/body conduit...same thing /pipes for fuel flowing through.
added a more staturation and more hue on the pic about 10 percent.

creativer
04-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Nice work dude! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Continuumx
04-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Your entry is one of those peripheral projects that is all about process and development in which the actual result cannot be fully expressed or understood until it reaches it final stages- all of which I like.

Your texture is very exciting. It does speak about a powersource- I would comment on there being less sharpness and more blur, or motion blur on this thing as it is about reactions that are moving and changing at incredible velocities and time frames.

CLONEOPS
05-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Continuumx: oh sorry this is not the motor of beastie
its just a shape something i sometimes use to test out some tex on....working on the fuel cell motor thing.this is just the tex for fuel lines ....yes-l will try to add a fast reaction factor somehow to this part somehow!.--is possible i think.
JamesMK:.... i never meta gestalt i didnt like.....
-as far i am willing to take that one.

JamesMK
05-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Crystalline flesh fusion gore... You always seem to come up with the most intricate and interesting shaders - - - that thing is no exception... bring the parts together now

JamesMK
05-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Chris... where are yoooouuuuuuu?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.