PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Matthew Schultz

fbcota
03-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Matthew Schultz has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

fbcota
03-26-2004, 06:20 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1621/1621_1080285630_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/1621/1621_1080285630_large.jpg)

This is an early concept sketch for a mechanically healed dog. The idea is to show technology integrated into standard day to day life without focusing on it.

fbcota
03-26-2004, 06:25 AM
I was inspired when I saw a dog missing its 2 right legs on televison. While the dog itself could move without trouble I thought it would be a good idea to show technology helping mans best friend.

I am thinking the image should either be set in a simple city park or at the race tracks.

The first idea is to have 2 dogs playing frisbee with there owner and a passer by. The owner and the passer by will be small back ground elements and one of the dogs will have mechanical legs on the viewer facing side.

The second idea was to have mechanically enhanced greyhounds at the race track. Although this idea is much less developed but I was considering having a small mettal rabit flying towards the viewing with a hand full of dogs rounding the corner after it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Matt

waterblue
03-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi,

a very cool, and inovative, concept!

I think using the dogtrack concept would be cool in this contest, it seems like to be the most suiteble; the contest setup has a sort of dark and synester look & feel to it.

the dog track concept would give you the option of showing a more convincing and action packed side to the purpose of the mechanical parts.

anyway, keep it going! :)

fbcota
03-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I think ill try to do a quick sketch of both this weekend.

I want the tech elements on the dogs to all look different so I am almost thinking that the greyhounds could almost be treated like street rods. That way each dog could have different "Upgrades" and a truely different look.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.